Yrsa Tyrsdóttir
Shield maiden

PROFIELMessages : 81
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :
Place of birth : Skagerrak

Yeah, I've known that girl for like my whole life Empty
PostSubject: Yeah, I've known that girl for like my whole life Yeah, I've known that girl for like my whole life EmptySat Sep 30, 2017 3:28 am

Yeah, I've known that girl for like my whole life Xh-S3zNyxpysPI6tF4IuTSVWcbhuTToI-BSUklVmZt7H0_9V2rSXKcaphoGkl0s4F4QKoKM85JwBKfm5xxdDzeiMx4YPl8YJn4GrYCwhVyI_FUWTAmKz0V4jkHh022sETj9QOfne
yrsa tyrsdóttir

| »  |   name Yrsa
| »  |   last name Tyrsdóttir
| »  |   title --
| »  |   age 25
| »  |   place of birth Skagerrak
| »  |   place of residence Skagerrak
| »  |   rank Shield Maiden
| » | personality Yrsa is a very outgoing person. She definitely enjoys meeting and befriending people. She’s incredibly competitive, and athletic and was training with her father as soon as she was old enough to carry a sword. She doesn’t have much of a temper, but she despises bullies and won’t hesitate to step in, even if she doesn’t think it’s a fight she can win.

Her love of fighting is probably more a result of the adrenaline rush she gets when in combat, rather than any love of killing, but she trained as hard as she could, wanting to prove herself just as capable as anyone, and make her father proud.
| »  |   appearance She is about average height, with an athletic build. She has green eyes and thick brown hair often pulled back in multiple braids in the front but left down and long in the back. She has an ever-growing number of tattoos all over her body.
| »  |   parents Tyr Svensson & Inkeri Gudmundsdóttir
| »  |   siblings Garth Odinsson // half-brother
| » |   history  Yrsa's mother was a village women that had been known for sleeping around. She had been a beautiful women who hadn't wanted to get married to someone she didn't love. However her refusal to get married ended up biting her in the end when she got pregnant with her son. Having no idea which of the men she slept with was her child's father, she didn't bother reaching out to see if anyone would want to claim him when he was born. Things had been hard for her until she met Yrsa's father, Tyr Svensson. Who she fell in love with when her son, Garth was two years old.They were married and had Yrsa a couple years later. (This section taken and edited from Garth's history)

Growing up, it wasn’t until she was around 8 years old that she really realized what it meant that she and Garth didn’t share the same father. It never mattered to her, and Tyr did his best to hide from his daughter that it mattered to him, not wanting it to affect his daughter’s opinion of him, as her affection for her brother had always been obvious.

She loved growing up with a big brother, and often found his over-protective streak humorous, but unnecessary. When she wasn’t training with her father and the other warriors, she was often trailing after Garth, trying to see what he was getting up to. However, his sister didn’t share his fascination with blacksmithing, and quickly grew bored of following him there.

There wasn’t a lot to do in Skagerrak if you weren’t a farmer, but even from a very young age Yrsa had a special connection with animals, and often had any number of stray dogs and cats following her about the village. She often offered to help the local farmers looking after their animals and was happy to be an extra pair of hands if aid was required during a difficult birthing.

Yrsa was devastated when she learned Garth was leaving Skagerrak and had half a mind to follow him to Kattegat, but she knew that that was the path he was choosing, and he didn’t need his kid sister tagging along. She remained in Skagerrak, where her hard work and fighting ability paid off, earning the rank of shield maiden, where she quite enjoys helping to train the younger fighters.
| » |   faceclaim Alycia Debnam-Carey

competitive Yrsa is extremely competitive, and has spent her whole life trying to get better, and be better than everyone else. She's not the type to shy away from a challenge, even if the odds are not in her favor, and has multiple scars to show for it. She firmly believes that you can't get better unless you continue to challenge yourself, so for her, fighting or training with people who are better than her can only improve her skills. She doesn't have much of a temper, and is not a sore loser. 
outgoing She is very energetic and outgoing, and will happily be the first to introduce herself to strangers. I imagine most people in Skagerrak are familiar with her, but I imagine there are a number of people who aren't too fond of her enthusiastic ways.
compassionate She hates seeing people bullied by others, she rescues animals, she offers her assistance wherever she can, and tries to be nice to everyone she meets. A bit naive and tenderhearted for a shield maiden, likely due to her comfortable upbringing, she hates seeing anyone, or anything, suffering.
reckless Yrsa doesn't spend much time worrying about her own safety. She dives head first into anything that looks fun. As a child, she was more than confident in her father & brother's ability to look out for her, and as an adult, she knows she's perfectly able to take care of herself, so why worry? She plans to be right on the front lines of any battle she can get near, and doesn't let uncertainty stand in her way. 

Yrsa needs friends and acquaintances from Skagerrak, farmers who would allow her to help and play with their animals, training partners, as well as rivals, or people who find her personality too grating to be friends with her xD I don't imagine she's had much experience in romance or relationships. Not wanting to deal with comments or comparisons about her mother, she's probably made out with a few people but that's the extent of it, so future relationships would be fun to plot. Her father is still alive so if anyone was working on an arranged marriage plot idea, that could be fun, because I don't think she'd take that too well lmao 

Also, she spends a bit of time in Kattegat to visit her brother, so I'm sure she's forced her friendship on some people there if anyone wants an occasional thread. I am planning on her attending the Harvest Feast so that could be fun :) 
Back to top Go down

Björn Ragnarsson
Björn Ragnarsson
Huskarl

PROFIELMessages : 475
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title : Ironside
Place of birth : Kattegat

PostSubject: Re: Yeah, I've known that girl for like my whole life Yeah, I've known that girl for like my whole life EmptySun Oct 15, 2017 6:29 pm

Maybe I can offer you Kettil?
Since he's the stable boy from Skagerrak, he has quit some animals to take care of.
He is a friendly and warm person, but towards people like Yrsa (warriors, shield maiden) he can be quit jealous because he can't even properly defend himself. Because his brother Gerold won't let him learn the art of fighting. (You might have already read that in our thread)
Although he will try to never let his jealousy show.
So maybe we can figure something out for the both of them?
Back to top Go down
https://concretewalls.tumblr.com/

Yrsa Tyrsdóttir
Yrsa Tyrsdóttir
Shield maiden

PROFIELMessages : 81
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :
Place of birth : Skagerrak

PostSubject: Re: Yeah, I've known that girl for like my whole life Yeah, I've known that girl for like my whole life EmptyMon Oct 16, 2017 5:30 am

Yes please! Yrsa will befriend anyone and having a friend who works at the stables will just be an extra reason for her to go visit the horses xD We'll probably have to start them as acquaintances and move towards friendship since they're not really acting like friends towards each other in our thread right now xD but I am excited! :)
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PROFIEL
RPG SHEET

PostSubject: Re: Yeah, I've known that girl for like my whole life Yeah, I've known that girl for like my whole life Empty

Back to top Go down
Yeah, I've known that girl for like my whole life
View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1