Ylva Halvorsdóttir
Læknir

PROFIELMessages : 98
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :
Place of birth : SKAGEN

alone in the dark-Ivar Ragnarsson Empty
PostSubject: alone in the dark-Ivar Ragnarsson alone in the dark-Ivar Ragnarsson EmptyMon Nov 13, 2017 7:06 pm

Ylva had done her best to not leave the safety of her tent in Kattegat ever since her fight with Ivar, so far it had been two days. She was terrified that she would run into him and he would hurt her like he has promised he would if he saw her again. Ylva was also scared that one of his family members would hurt her as well. What if he had told them to do so? She would have no idea and wouldn’t be able to protect herself against a prince. Ylva had planned to stay in the tent until they took the ship home and she would never have to think of how much he had hurt her and her heart again. That was until her father woke her up and demanded she go and do something for the day. So people didn’t think he had killed her or something along those lines. He told her to go to the water or anything like that, as long as she got outside and out of his hair for a few hours. He had been trying to figure out ways to fix the mess, as he called it, before they went home. Promising her horrible men and things if he couldn’t. Ylva just kept quite, knowing it would be best to just let him speak his angry words and not defend herself. For if she did Ivar wouldn't be the only one who would want to hurt her.  

However her farther had also made sure to tell her to keep her hair down and her head down as she walked. For his punishment after he found her leaving the manner had been harsh, he had been so upset with her after he forced her to tell him everything that had happened with Ivar. Ylva was sure her father had never been that angry with her before. She had a hand print bruise on her left cheek, and others littered her arms. There was no story she could make up that would explain how and why they were there, and she had been crying loudly as it happened. So people had to have heard her, something that angered her father as well. He had told her to just ignore the subject if it was brought up and change it to something else. Ylva was sure that no one was going to ask or care anyways. If most of the people at home never asked questions she was sure these strangers weren’t going to ask anything too, even more so if one of their Princes hated her.

Ylva and Hálogi has slowly followed the sound of the water until she felt the sand underneath her shoes short before the water making them wet. At least in this strange place she could still be by the water like she loved to do at home. Ylva kicked off her shoes and and slowly sat down, letting go of the rope so Hálogi could lay down and relax next to her. There was something about the sounds by the water that always calmed her, but was going to take longer today. All she had thought about was Ivar since she left him in his home. She wanted to try and talk to him again, to get him to listen to her, but she was also scared of him now. Before she angered him he had been someone new and exciting to her. Ylva was so happy to have met him, to have spent that evening with him. He had been so kind, sometimes sarcastic, but nothing mean. Not to mention he understood her, and that was more then she could have ever hoped for.

Then he was cruel, and angry, and scary. So much like her father, and it broke Ylva’s heart. She had looked forward to their friendship so much, thought of reasons to come back to see him, and her trying to fix what her father had done ruined it. Groaning, Ylva played with the rocky sand she sat and let the wind blow her hair around. Only a few more days and she would be on the boat toward home, and although her father had promises of more horrible things once they got there. At least she would be able to visit some of the people who cared about her there. “Soon we will leave this place Hálogi, I just wish things would have happened differently. Instead I lost my new friend... All thanks to father...maybe someday we will both be free of him..but not likely..” she said as she ran the sand not in the sand through her dogs fur. Thankfully her father never hurt Hálogi, but she feared that one day he would, that he would take one of the good things in her life away.

Back to top Go down

Ivar Ragnarsson
Ivar Ragnarsson
Thegn

PROFIELMessages : 93
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title : The Boneless
Place of birth : Kattegat

PostSubject: Re: alone in the dark-Ivar Ragnarsson alone in the dark-Ivar Ragnarsson EmptyTue Nov 14, 2017 8:38 pm

If I had a heart I could love you ,
If I had a voice I would sing.

Ubbe slammed his hand against the table and Ivar looked up, irritated like hell … and that was already for the past two days like this. ‘What is the matter little brother?’ Ubbe smiled, tugging his dark hair. ‘Your annoying presence, that is the matter.’ Ivar snapped. He often snapped but not like this. For two days he hardly did anything other than being his irritating self, worse, he almost threw an axe towards Sigurd during training. His mother asked him if his legs were hurting again but it just wasn’t that. It was her … and the last thing he would do is telling any of them about Ylva. So they just had to guess … and in that there were a lot of options. Ivar got irritated or anger really quickly and his brothers were used to it, half the time taunting him with it then actually leaving him alone. What he desperately wanted. But Ubbe didn’t got the single and even that deadly glare in his blue eyes wasn’t enough for his brother to step out of his great mood. Ivar sunk down from his seat and crawled himself outside.

Ivar never felt guilty before, he never wanted to make anything good before, not as badly as he wanted to do it now. But he was as bad in it as he was in holding his anger. A week she had said and he hoped in a way she just meant two days, that he wouldn’t have to see her again and he just could forgot it ever happened. But that would be another something adding onto the pile of self-hate he so much preserved. So in the moments he was alone, staring at people, counting the waves he tried to think about the things he could tell her and none of those things fit. So it made him more angry, wanting to blame her every time again … only to come to the conclusion he was the one blaming her, like he blamed everything. That image sat stuck in her head, her father dragging her away, only that image showed what he so badly wanted her to be, somebody who could fight for himself. But it also showed what he was doing, mistreating her disability by thinking she was weak … what she was. But he had the urge to prove her the other side, his side and for that he didn’t know what to say or do … or don’t do.

The one place he could clear his mind on was at the docks, that little bit of sand looking over the water. But as his arms dragged him there he noticed something else. He froze, looking from the dog to the girl sitting aside it. She was telling the dog something. His eyes slowly went to the water, a certain peace she would never be able to see. He took a deep breath, studying her face for a moment before he dragged his body closer, being loud enough for her to hear him coming. But when he came close enough, not close enough to enter her personal space his eyes fell on her neck, the marks and his teeth clenched a little together. ‘Did your father did that?’ He asked, to soft but probably good enough for her to hear. He looked down, shaking his head. ‘Sorry, you probably,’ he felt silent, looking down to the sand again. ‘My anger,’ he swallowed, hesitating everything. If she could see his face she would only be witness of the rare vulnerability on his face. ‘I don’t have a control over it, I didn’t,’ he pointed his hand over to her before he sat down, far enough, dragging his feet before him. ‘I just thought you were like everybody else.’ He stated softly, looking at her before he looked back to the water, hopeless in what he had to say next.
//©️
Back to top Go down

Ylva Halvorsdóttir
Ylva Halvorsdóttir
Læknir

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: alone in the dark-Ivar Ragnarsson alone in the dark-Ivar Ragnarsson EmptyTue Nov 14, 2017 9:38 pm

Ylva had been siting and petting Hálogi for sometime now. Just breathing and listing to the water, the wind, and the people around her. It had started to relax her, and help her forget about Ivar and her lost friendship with him when all of a sudden she heard a sound she had heard before. She knew that sound, it was the sound of Ivar dragging his body around. She had heard him do it at the feast where there were many people around. Now here by the water, with only the sounds of the ocean all around them, she could hear it so much louder. Ylva didn't know how to feel. He had told her he would hurt her the next time he saw her, and that scared her. However if he was going to hurt her maybe he would have done so already. She tired to tell herself that was inld  fact the case as she listened to him get closer and closer to her body. Besides if he did kill her now in the moment, she would never have to deal with her father ever again. So if he planed to hurt her soon, maybe it would be quick.

She then heard him stop moving, he was close to her, she could feel it, but not in any way in her space. Just sitting in a close area. It made her a little less nervous, that he hadn't gotten right into her face the second he got close to her. ‘Did your father did that?’ she heard him ask so softly. It was a simple question, but it threw her off. Turning her head toward where she heard him sit himself Ylva debating lying to him. It was what her father had told her to do. It was what she was always told to do.However Ylva didn't lie to him to start with and she didn't want to start now. She wanted him to trust her and part of her still wanted their friendship to work. Even if she was scared of him now. "Yes" was all she said before turning her head back away from him. Until he spoke again that is ‘Sorry, you probably,’ he started but didn't finish. Turning back toward his body Ylva noticed he hadn't hurt her yet, so he might not be planing on doing so.That thought alone made her relax a little more. It made her feel less like getting up and running away from him, even though the thought had crossed her mind once since he got here.

She decided to wait and see what he was going to say, to see if he was going to speak more. ‘My anger,’ he said next, and Ylva could hear his voice change. It was no longer harsh or sarcastic. It was very much different then anything she had heard from him yet. Different in a way she did not know yet. ‘I don’t have a control over it, I didn’t,’ he said next as she heard him move around some more, most likely getting more situated. Making Ylva take a deep breath. Was Ivar coming here to apologize to her, in his own little way? It made her heart beat just a little bit faster. ‘I just thought you were like everybody else.’ he said finishing. Ylva bit her lip for a moment as she thought of what to say to him. He was telling her in as few words as he could that he has anger problems. Something that she had heard in rumors, but didn't believe until she saw for herself. He was also trying to tell her he was sorry, and even though he didn't out right say it, Ylva felt a small smile coming onto her face.

Ylva wasn't use to people saying sorry to her. Her father never told her he was sorry when he hurt her. He just never talked about it again. Taking another deep breath she decided to speak before she made them both feel awkward."I understand, your anger is valid" she said at first. Because in a way she did, she was often angry herself, she just kept her bottled up and hidden a lot better then he did. She also understood that he thought she was like everyone else. When you deal with people who don't understand and who hurt you and try to use you your whole life it would be hard to believe there was a person out there that could understand your pain, your struggle. "It's okay...I'm glad you came here..I..wanted to go to you myself...but.." she said next trailing off at the end. Ylva wanted to word things in a way that wouldn't upset him, but also wanted him to know she forgave him. She was still scared of him, and that would take some time to fix. However she forgave him for what had happened, for the way he had reacted toward her. "It's hard to believe there is someone out there in the world that understands even if its just a little. she said next." I never thought I would meet someone who was like you...someone I could relate to in a way...I'm sure you might have felt the same..." she said still trying to word things genteelly and softly.

"Im use to anger, from my father, from myself...I..get it to an extent..Almost all I have known is angry my whole life..." she said as she turned away from him and let the wind blow her hair around a bit. She really was glad he was here, maybe they would be able to work things out and still be friends. "I still want to be your friend...or at least try..If you want a friend in me that is."she said before turning back to him and smiling. She was feeling more relaxed the second. He most likely wasn't going to hurt her. So she decided to be a bit bold."But I want you to know that I'm a little bit scared of you now...with time I'll get over it..." she said to him. She hoped that didn't upset him or make him leave, but Ylva wasn't going to lie to him. There was no reason to lie to him if she really wanted him as a friend. She had boldly told him to his face her father was in fact the person who had hurt her. He had to see she was trying to be genuine. She didn't want to talk to much and wanted to give him a chance to speak as well. She could tell from his energy and voice he was feeling something different, maybe even vulnerable. However she wasn't sure, she hadn't known him very long to be able to detect the emotions in his voice like she would with others.

Back to top Go down

Ivar Ragnarsson
Ivar Ragnarsson
Thegn

RPG SHEET
Viking profile

PostSubject: Re: alone in the dark-Ivar Ragnarsson alone in the dark-Ivar Ragnarsson EmptyThu Nov 16, 2017 8:58 pm

He didn’t was prepared on seeing her again, not while she was sitting on his spot in the sand. Was this a way of the gods on gesturing he should talk with her, of bringing them back together? Ivar believed that she always had a way to cut him off guard, she did it the first time by pointing out she was blind, she did it the day after when he thought she was gone but wasn’t. And she did it now again, sitting there with that dog by her side. His body automatically had stopped in the progress of crawling. The thought of just leaving her there was in his head but just as he couldn’t be harsh the first time they had met he couldn’t leave her sitting there. He saw what her father did, how he yelled, embarrassed her. The last time somebody made fun of Ivar he killed the boy with an axe in the head. If you looked at her, sitting there … you could kill her without any sweat, she was to innocent for his image and to pure in heart. He couldn’t stand looking at her, knowing she would do everything her father said without any form of protest. He disliked her in that way and yet why was he still looking to her?

So he crawled towards her, the dog looked and in a way she already knew he was there to. For that she had a particular set of skills she didn’t know how to use yet. When he was close enough he saw the marks on her skin, a very fragile skin. The blue marks around her throat made his teeth click together for a moment. Blue eyes piercing the skin while he thoughts of the ways he would mistreated her. It wasn’t a nice thought, but what followed on it neither. Ivar always had an urge, not to be good, but to be worse … in his eyes this was that, in his eyes killing her father would be an act out of goodness while all he thought about was the many ways that man would suffer. She was so tensed under his look that he looked away for a moment, hearing her saying yes on a question he already had answered for himself.

She turned her head away every time he looked, she didn’t had the eyes but she certainly felt his strong gaze. It stung him, seeing how afraid she was of a boy who just couldn’t hold his temper. He was responsible for that fear, he was to blame but would never admit to it. His fingers gripped into the sand, angry on himself more than he was on her. Why was she like this? So vulnerable? So pure? He hated it, being that she was so forgiven in saying his anger was valid. Why did she do that? In a way he wanted to scream again but he didn’t, he just looked down in the sand, listening to her next words … that she wanted to look for him again. And it stung again, knowing he warned her with dead if she came another time. ‘Why?’ It almost sounded desperate. It wasn’t Ivar to get so all open and weak in from of somebody. But she couldn’t see him so she couldn’t witness it. She only heard it in his voice. ‘Why are you doing this?’ he lifted his hand, gesturing it to her before he looked back to the water again, angry shaking his head. When she started talking again he listened, but he didn’t looked. He crossed his hands in his lap, gazing his eyes on the leather straps holding his legs together. Her words got in, very vividly and he slowly looked away, to the sand while he thought about it. Yes, she was different and he never knew that he would find somebody like that. ‘A little.’ He muttered on the words, not giving his whole cooperation but at least something, he owned her that much. She deserved to see the weak behind the crazy.

When she talked about anger he looked back to her, his eyes falling right back towards her neck where her father left his marks. ‘You should be more angry.’ He reacted, rolling his jaws over each other while he softly let an angry grin escape his lips. ‘You should killed him already. That is what anger is about.’ He turned a little towards her, clenching his fingers to fist before he let them fall back into the sand. What was the matter of explaining if she probably didn’t wanted to change in such a way. There were two ways of living, the weak or the strong, the weak never survived, he knew she was just that. He looked back down to his own lap before he flew out on her next words. ‘How can I be your friend?’ He asked, not soft, not harsh but harder than usual. ‘Hmmm?’ He insisted. ‘I grabbed you, I was on the verge of finding a weapon for you. And you sit here like nothing happened, still wanting to be my friend. I don’t understand,’ those last words all desperate in need of a way out of the anger and frustration capturing him now. He looked to the smile on her lips and he closed his eyes, turning his head back while signing. He should crawl out of here, knowing he would only protect her by crawling away.

And then she said it, the words that fully awoke him, the words he heard way to often and was waiting on hearing from her. She was scared. ‘You should be.’ He whispered, looking in front of him. In a way it didn’t made him more angry, it just calmed him. His body slipped back in his usual way because she finally said something that was correct, that was a true feeling for him. ‘You wouldn’t like what you saw when you had the eyes.’ He followed, looking down before he slowly looked back to him. ‘You won’t get over it Ylva, because every time you get over it I will do something that will scare you again.’ He explained. ‘We can’t be friends, which friend scared away his friends, all I did,’ he cut of his own words again, struggling himself as he groaned and looked back in front of himself. ‘I’m not good, for anybody. You better leave with your father when time comes.’ He followed softly. His stomach protested on the words but he just ignored it, just as he ignored her sitting beside him on a further distant. He hated feeling like this, he hated saying things like this.
//©️
Back to top Go down

Ylva Halvorsdóttir
Ylva Halvorsdóttir
Læknir

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: alone in the dark-Ivar Ragnarsson alone in the dark-Ivar Ragnarsson EmptyThu Nov 16, 2017 10:06 pm

Ylva was a little bit taken aback when she heard Ivar ask ‘Why?’ when she said she had wanted to come to him. She would have thought it was obvious. Because she wanted to make things right, and she didn't want to lose his friendship. She wasn't quite sure what to say back to him. ‘Why are you doing this?’ he said next and Ylva bit her lip and turned towards him. Why was she doing what? Talking to him, sitting here, forgiving him? "I had wanted to fix things..so we could be friends..." she said finally and simply. She hoped that was enough of an answer for him and he wouldn't get angry. She knew now that she would just have to be careful, make sure to think before she thought. That way the two of them would be okay,and she would do her best not to make him mad. Ylva smiled at him when she heard him say ‘A little.’ to her saying she was sure he never thought he would find someone like her. At least he was answering and not getting angry with her as she spoke. It was something, and something that made her happy.

When he said ‘You should be more angry.’ she heard the anger enter him again, but she could tell it wasn't toward her, but her father. ‘You should killed him already. That is what anger is about.’ Ivar said next and she shook her head slowly. "I know, and I often wish I could kill him, or someone else would do it for me...But he is still my father...I don't know if I could fallow through...Even if I did know how to kill someone..." she said before letting out a small huff. She knew why he was saying those things, and she felt the same way, but she had no skills. If her father did die, how would she pay for things. She knew he had some riches saved, but those wouldn't last Ylva's whole life. She hadn't found a husband, and wasn't really planing on it happening. Not when it seemed that every man her father tried to offer her to turned him down. Ylva was starting to think that she was really ugly, and people told her she was beautiful to make her feel good. For surely it wasn't just because of her eyes. Not that she was sure she wanted anyone but Ivar anyways at the moment. She so desperately wanted his friendship, she was starting to wonder it there were other reasons behind that as well. That maybe she was starting to like him before all this happened.

When Ivar spoke again it was a little more hard. ‘How can I be your friend?’ he said first ‘Hmmm?’ he said next, followed by ‘I grabbed you, I was on the verge of finding a weapon for you. And you sit here like nothing happened, still wanting to be my friend. I don’t understand,’ to her. She could understand why he was confused, but she could hear that he was trying to keep calm too."It's simple. I forgave you, you were angry and I forgave you. So thats how we can be friends.I want to be your friend Ivar, I won't stop wanting that..."she told him, somewhat trailing off at the end. She hoped he understood, that she didn't care, sure she was now scared, but she still wanted him in her life. It was like she felt a need to have him as something in her life, and a friend was better then nothing. She felt so normal around him. She felt like more than a blind girl, she felt like plan old Ylva having a conversation with a friend. Not two crippled people talking together. It was something she had never felt, and she didn't want to give it up, not ever.

Ylva had been scared to tell him she feared him, worried about his reaction, but she knew he had needed to know. ‘You should be.’ he said first. ‘You wouldn’t like what you saw when you had the eyes.’ he said next and she wanted to tell him how wrong he was. ‘You won’t get over it Ylva, because every time you get over it I will do something that will scare you again.’ Ivar said next and she could see now that he was trying to push her away. To convince her that he was nothing but bad. ‘We can’t be friends, which friend scared away his friends, all I did,’ Ivar said next lastly by saying ‘I’m not good, for anybody. You better leave with your father when time comes.’ He had proven her right with his words. He wanted her to fear him. Why would be want her to fear him? She wasn't going away that easily, she wanted his friendship too badly too. "I don't care." she said at first testing out her words. "I don't care if you scare me every time I get over it, I will still want to be your friend Ivar." she said turning toward him and moving her body to sit facing in the direction his voice had been coming from.

She made sure to keep a nice and light voice as she went on."I know now that you can get angry, I will do my best not to make you mad, and if I do I'll give you time and then we can fix it." she said next to him. She wanted to reach out and touch him but she knew better. "Please don't say you aren't good...you are, even if you don't think so." she said before biting her lip."At the feast, before this happened, I loved every second of our time together. You gave me ideas, thoughts I hadn't thought before. To use my blindness to my advantage. You made me feel normal, even if it was just for a while." she told him next. "I really think we could at least try to be friends, If I get too scared I could tell you, which I don't think will happen...I want to try.." she said lastly as she looked at him. She didn't want to push it, to upset him more, but she hoped he listened and was up for trying as much as she wanted to.

Back to top Go down

Ivar Ragnarsson
Ivar Ragnarsson
Thegn

RPG SHEET
Viking profile

PostSubject: Re: alone in the dark-Ivar Ragnarsson alone in the dark-Ivar Ragnarsson EmptyMon Nov 20, 2017 1:30 pm

Friend … it was such a ugly word in his mind. He saw so many false friendships, people getting together to just benefit from one another. That was what he thought when she said what her father had planned, that it was one of those false friendships. Ivar never would let anybody use him like they used her just because she was blind. He hated it, seeing how easily somebody felt in a trap made by a “friend”. So when she said she just wanted to fix things, that she wanted to be friends he only huffed in her words. Not believing there was such a thing as friendship. His brothers were there for him, Floki … but he was like a father. Other than that everything was built on a lie. He didn’t knew friendship, he wasn’t open to it. That night of the feast he felt relaxed, he could talk in a way he couldn’t talk with anybody else. But now … he didn’t knew what to do with the feeling, just as he didn’t knew what to do with her.

When she said she wanted to kill her father in some way he got intrigued in some way, he turned to look at her. She said that somebody would kill him for her and if she had the eyes she would see how much Ivar wanted to do that, kill that man for the way he mistreated his daughter. He never felt like this, wanting to do something for another. ‘You should learn how to defend yourself.’ He stated on a rather neutral tone. ‘One day somebody will pass by that won’t be so gentle as your father,’ he felt silent, letting the words poor into her body. Her father wasn’t gentle, but there were man worse around here. Who would stop a person from raping her? They couldn’t witness so nobody to stop her. ‘you are weak.’ A little bit of his harsh nonchalant sneak into his voice before he looked back to her. ‘You can’t be weak. The weak one never survive.’ He stated, pointing out that she needed to be stronger. If she was she wouldn’t had walked away from him, she would have faced him. He wanted her to survive, only to show that cripples were good enough to life, that they weren’t doomed to die early. But what was the point in saying it anyway.

All his doubt poured back down in his anger, his usual hard way of speaking and acting. In a short moment he totally forget what he did to her just two days ago. He wanted to be angry again, it was the only safe space he had, he know, the only way he handled situations. But it was so hard to stay angry around her when she was all so forgiving. ‘We can’t be friends!’ He shouted angry, his fingers curled to fists in his lap while he looked over the ocean, here to whatever else she had to say. Why was she doing that? He wanted her gone, away but she just didn’t care about his words. He clenched his jaws together and looked aside to her. She turned her body, coming a little closer in his direction and Ivar tensed, looking how within reach she was. What if he grabbed her again? He wouldn’t be able to hold his actions back, he knew himself too good for that. But he stayed, all frozen up while he listened to her words. ‘You can’t,’ he wanted to interrupt her but he didn’t, he just closed his lips again. It hurt, to hear her say that all. Nobody ever went to this great length to become friends with Ivar. He curled his lips up a little, crunching his teeth together before he started to speak. ‘I killed a boy once, when I was nothing more than a child.’ He started. ‘Because he didn’t gave me the ball to play along, I just grabbed and axe and pushed it through his skull.’ He said it so low it felt like a thread or danger. ‘I can’t control my anger, I can’t control my rage.’ Talking about it seemed to calm him a little, or at least he found a way to cope. ‘I don’t want to hurt you,’ and there it was, that weakness again. ‘I will hurt you again Ylva.’ He whispered. He lifted his hand, like he wanted to touch her but he dropped it back in his lap. ‘I will hurt you over and over and over until you grow tired of me. Until you will hate me because,’ he made a fist again, shaking his head. ‘I love the feeling, I love to have people being afraid from me, they need to, you need to.’ He insisted. ‘I’m glad you leave again, this isn’t a place for the weak.’ And with that he grew back harder, taking his distant after he showed her his weakness.
//©️
Back to top Go down

Ylva Halvorsdóttir
Ylva Halvorsdóttir
Læknir

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: alone in the dark-Ivar Ragnarsson alone in the dark-Ivar Ragnarsson EmptyMon Nov 20, 2017 6:50 pm

Ylva wasn't quite sure what to say to him when she heard him say ‘You should learn how to defend yourself.’ she knew it was true, and she had wanted to learn. She had wanted to learn how to fight when she had been a child,Like all the other kids in her village were doing. However any time she had tried to express that to her father he had told her no. Or that she was going to be married to someone who would protect her, so she didn't need to learn.Ylva had tired to fight him on the matter and even snuck around with a smaller sword until he caught her and punished her. That was truly when the punishments had started if she remembered correctly. The day he had found her trying to train with one of the village boys, she had been about eight at the time. He had been so mad at her, and banded the boy from ever talking to her again.Ylva never tired to pick up a weapon or disobey him again after that day, but he never stopped punishing her. ‘One day somebody will pass by that won’t be so gentle as your father,’ Ivar said next and the thought alone gave her cold chills. Who could be worse then her father? Sure she knew there had to be worse people out there, but it was hard to think of them when she lived with her own personal monster.

However when Ivar said ‘you are weak.’ she shook her head no at him. She didn't think that was true. She was still alive, she had survived years of her father and his angry now. If she was truly week, she would have drowned herself in the ocean or something else to get away from her father. However she couldn't fight, and she knew that was what he had meant. ‘You can’t be weak. The weak one never survive.’ he said next and suddenly she understood why he said it. He didn't really want something to happen to her, so thats why he was telling her she needed to get stronger. That meant, that even if he didn't want to admit it to her at this moment, he cared. Even if it was just a little bit."I don't think I am completely weak, I wouldn't have survived what my father does if I was..but yes, I need to learn to protect myself..I shall work on that..I had wanted to as a child, but father wouldn't let me." she said to him as she reached up her dress and then pulled a knife out from under her skirt. "I was given this by a friend, my father doesn't know I have it, I hope to some day know how to use it." she said as she held it out to him to look at it for a moment.

It was the knife that Hankon had given her after he had helped clean up her wound from her fall. She did as she promised him and kept it with her at all times. However she had never used it yet, even if she had wanted to stab her father more than once since it became hers. After she was sure he had long enough to use it she put it back onto her leg and under her skirt. She hoped she didn't show him too much of her skin on her legs, but if she did there was nothing to do about it now, besides Ylva didn't seem to mind the idea of him seeing her legs all too much. A thought she would need to think on more when she was alone. She wanted to be his friend, she shouldn't think those things. She was sure he wasn't thinking those types of things about her. Plus she hadn't ever really thought anything like that before as well.

When Ivar yelled ‘We can’t be friends!’ at her Ylva did everything in her power not to shrink back or flinch away from him.He told her he got angry easily, so she needed to get use to the idea of him yelling sometimes if she wanted this friendship to work out.‘You can’t,’ he said next and Ylva found herself bitting her lip and she listened to him. He really wanted to push her away, and for some reason that hurt a lot. However she wasn't going to let him do so, so easily. She would try to fight him about it until he wouldn't let her, or until she had to go home. ‘I killed a boy once, when I was nothing more than a child.’ Ivar said next, and this stopped all of her other thinking as she turned her head toward him. ‘Because he didn’t gave me the ball to play along, I just grabbed and axe and pushed it through his skull.’ he said next. From his voice alone she could tell that it bugged him that had happened. That he had done that. ‘I can’t control my anger, I can’t control my rage.’He said next. He was sounding even more different to her now. His voice sounded more raw in a way. It was different and it made her sad.‘I don’t want to hurt you,’ Ivar said next. That statement took her breath away.

He was pushing her away before he didn't want to hurt her, she had figured so before, but here he was saying it. It made it more real. ‘I will hurt you again Ylva.’ he said so quietly, and she was sure sh heard him shift next to her, but then it stopped. She started to shake her head no at him, that he was wrong when he spoke once more. ‘I will hurt you over and over and over until you grow tired of me. Until you will hate me because,’ he said then paused before adding . ‘I love the feeling, I love to have people being afraid from me, they need to, you need to.’ she wanted to reach out to him to tell him he wasn't as horrible as he thought he was. That she could help him not be so angry, she could try to help with his rage. ‘I’m glad you leave again, this isn’t a place for the weak.’ he said next and Ylva turned her head away from him for a moment to think. He had just said a lot to her, and gave her a lot to think of. She knew however that she needed to talk soon and before he tried to leave.

Being as brave as she could she reached a hand out toward him and reached until she touched his arm, or well she was pretty sure it was his am anyways. It felt big and strong under her small hand. He didn't say anything and she didn't as well for a short moment. Just touching him before she finally spoke."Then I'll get stronger. I'll make sure to learn to protect myself I promise." she said first taking a deep breath before going on."Because nothing you just said is going to deter me. I think there is more to you then you want to let on. You aren't just your anger, you have a very intelligent mind, I can tell." she said to him next. "I've been hurt before, my father hurts me almost everyday and I do nothing to invoke it, so the chance of you hurting me doesn't scare me. I want this friendship, even if I do have to leave soon. I'll come back someday, and when I do I'll be stronger. You will be so happy we are friend then." she said next before finally removing her hand from him and then moving her whole body just a little bit closer to him."Because I want to get better and stronger because of meeting you. I hadn't thought this way before. I want to do better,and to show them all that they have underestimated me...and thats because of you." she said and then let out a small breath of air.

"So you can't be as bad as you seem to think you are if you can inspire something so strong in me. To help change my whole outlook on things..I won't give up on this Ivar. I don't care about the past...and I will do my best to not anger you. I already said that."She told him next before looking toward the ocean."So please just agree we can be friends, because I won't give up too easily..I've never wanted anything this much in my life other than the ability to see." she said last as she turned back to him and gave him a small smile.

Back to top Go down

Ivar Ragnarsson
Ivar Ragnarsson
Thegn

RPG SHEET
Viking profile

PostSubject: Re: alone in the dark-Ivar Ragnarsson alone in the dark-Ivar Ragnarsson EmptyWed Nov 22, 2017 9:23 pm

She had always so many things to say, so many words to use while all Ivar did was sitting and watching her many words come out, like it should affect him. But it didn’t. He was stubborn like this, shutting himself down from words like hers. He learned that, ignoring others their ruthless tongue. He heard enough, mocking, teasing, he grew tired of words. That was why Ivar became a man of actions rather then talking. He wouldn’t talk or it was for yelling or arguing, for being smart or observant. He rather just proved himself, showing his strength, his ruthlessness by agreeing with what everybody said. When he thought back about the boy he killed he know that moment his faith was fixed. Nobody would see him different, everybody would say the same thing, the cripple that killed a boy. That was who he was, that was what he heard. He was used to more than the convincing words Ylva spoke. So he didn’t care, simply because it didn’t meant nothing for him.

Stating that she was weak was an observation he made from the moment he saw her sitting there in the great hall with her dog by her side. His blue distinct eyes slowly lowered to the stinky animal aside her before he looked back up. In a way he was surprised that she state that she wasn’t entirely weak. And the normal version of Ivar would have laughed right in her face, but he didn’t. She spoke further, saying she wanted to learn how to defense herself from when she was a little girl. ‘You would found a way if you really wanted it.’ He disagreed with her words. Always disagreeing, always trying on knowing it better. That was how he controlled every conversation, by being sarcastic or just “wise”.

He followed her hand as she reached to her dress and pulled a knife out. His jaw slowly fell down a little, looking to a perfectly good knife laying in her hands. He reached out, taking the knife, asking permission with a look she wouldn’t notice for she was blind. He turns it swiftly in his hand, admiring the sharp edges while she explains from whom she got it and that she wants to learn how to use it. ‘There is only one effective way in using a dagger.’ He whispered, still looking down to the knife before pulling his eyes loose and looking towards her, laying it back in her hand without touching her in any way. ‘You slice.’ He explained, looking how she putted it back away. ‘It’s always better then stabbing.’ He whispered, looking to the place where it laid hidden. One of the things his father learned him, that slicing was better then stabbing, more surface more damage. Certainly in a fast situation. He didn’t thought about it, before telling her this, but she could see it as a lesson. He was to consumed by the weapon to even care about his words. That is why they came over so easy, so calm.

It that moment he found a perfect balance in his own mind. Something that violence and weapons always seem to do with Ivar. It was wrong on so many ways, that it made him this comfortable. But just as that comfort settled down in his body there was Ylva again, trying to convince him on being friends and just like that all the anger found his way back to the surface. He stayed completely still for a moment, staring at the ocean while he tried on finding that calmed again, but it didn’t. She was like a storm inside his body, shifting from one end to another.

And that restless storm spiked as soon as she touched him. His stormy blue eyes jerked away from her towards her hand laying on his arm. His fingers came together to fists, one trembling more then the other before he tried on stating the obvious, she was touching him. Lucky for her it was his arm and not his leg, but it almost had the same effect. Now he just hold it all in, hardly listening to her words as he kept looking towards the contact between her hand and his arm. The longer he looked, the more he started to feel the pressure of it. Just those long small fingers of her on the fabrics of his clothed arm. He didn’t say a word in all of it, until she spoke about how little fear did to her. ‘It should scare you.’ He whispered low voiced, still tensed under her touch. But it didn’t do what he thought it would do and the more she spoke, the more he relaxed, the more he wanted to touch that hand laying on his arm. He kept looking down to it, listening to her as she kept convincing him on being friends. He was an inspiration to her? Or at least that was what she was trying on saying. He slowly looked up to her, wishing she could see him for just a minute. His breath slowly got out, taking an easier pace as his body completely relaxed while he shook his head. ‘I can’t be an inspiration, your inspiration should be love, dreams, life, not a cripple like me.’ He said slowly, overthinking his own words. He lifted his hand, hovering it over hers before he pulled it back without touching her. ‘I can’t,’ he broke his words and looked aside to her. He wanted to be her friend, badly, so badly but his own stubbornness stopped the simple things as agreeing on it. ‘Can I touch you?’ He asked softly. His voice sounded weak, silent. He saw it coming, she would never see it coming if he would touch her. He wasn’t agreeing on her friendship but him asking this was … a totally different level of Ivar his vulnerability. He wanted it, maybe this was his way of showing it.
//©️
Back to top Go down

Ylva Halvorsdóttir
Ylva Halvorsdóttir
Læknir

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: alone in the dark-Ivar Ragnarsson alone in the dark-Ivar Ragnarsson EmptySat Nov 25, 2017 4:10 pm

Ylva simply shook her head at him and his words ‘You would found a way if you really wanted it.’ she had tried and then he had hurt her. Should she tell him that, that she had tried to go behind her fathers back and he was so angry. "I had, maybe I should have tried harder, but I had tried to train behind his back. He started his punishments the day he found me and the boy who had been trying to help train me. I was too scared he would make them worse...I should have known he would have anyways. As I got older the worse they got." Ylva told him before letting out a breath of air and getting quite for a moment. She often wondered about the boy who had helped her. She couldn't remember his name very well anymore, but when she was a child he was one of the few people who would play with her and be kind to her all the time. She had trusted him enough to ask him for help when it came to training,and he had agreed so easily. All those things were things she could remember of him. His kindness, his gentle touch, his friendship, but not his name,not anymore. He had never spoken to her again after her father told him not to do so. Ylva often worried that her father killed the boy, but if he had she was sure she would have heard about it. Someone would have talked about it, and she would have found out. Shaking her head Ylva tired not to think about it anymore. She wasn't going to talk to him again, he had stopped their friendship when her father had told him to do so.

When Ylva showed Ivar the knife she felt him suddenly gently take it from her. ‘There is only one effective way in using a dagger.’ he said first as he was sure to be looking to over at the moment.‘You slice.’ he said next before adding ‘It’s always better then stabbing.’ to her after he handed it back to her and Ylva put it back in its holder on her leg. "I'll keep that in mind. I didn't know that before.." was all she said to him on the matter. She was glad he was giving her tips already, but she wondered how many people he had hurt to know all of those kinds of things like he does. However Ylva wanted to be able to hurt people as well, she wanted to be able to protect herself, and she was going to make sure that she remembered everything he said, even if what he was saying was just as a random comment here and there.Ylva knew that Ivar was very intelligent, that he used his mind a lot, she could tell from the way he spoke and carried himself. He was far more intelligent then anyone she had met she was sure. He would be even more intelligent if he could get that anger under control. If he could think more before he acted he would be better off. If Ivar could get his anger under control even just a bit, he would be an unstoppable force, at least she thought so.

Then things changed a little bit, and Ylva became a little more bold. She had reached out and touched him. Something that had surprised herself even. That she thought it was okay and a good idea to do. He could have hurt her for doing so, but all she felt him do was tense up. He didn't try to move her or yell at her. So at least she knew she didn't do anything to horrible by doing it. When she told him the chance of him hurting her didn't scare her he made sure to say ‘It should scare you.’ in return. Ylva simply shook her head at him. It really didn't scare her. She had been hurt enough by her own father that the idea of a person she truly wanted to be friends with hurting her out of his uncontrollable anger didn't scare her. It had to be hard for Ivar to never be able to control his anger. She knew that it would be hard for her if she was in her shoes. To just always be so mad, she couldn't even begin to imagine that kind of feeling. ‘I can’t be an inspiration, your inspiration should be love, dreams, life, not a cripple like me.’ Ivar then said to her when she told him that he inspired her to want to become stronger and better. This made her sad. That he, such a strong person felt these types of things.

Taking a deep breath she spoke shortly but nicely. "You are so much more then a cripple...never say something like that again." Ylva let out a huff before biting her lip."Those things do inspire me, but you inspire me more.." she said simply before he spoke again. Telling her once more that a friendship wouldn't work out.   ‘I can’t,’ he said. This was much different then any of the other times he had said no to her, and he sounded even more raw this time."You can, and you should..I know I'm blind but I'll be the best friend I can be to you" she says to him and gave him a smile too. Then however Ivar says something that shocks her and surprises her. ‘Can I touch you?’ he asked and Ylva isn't sure how to feel or what to say at first. He is a prince he has no reason to ask, and she hadn't asked to touch him. But here he was asking to make sure she was okay with it before he did so. "Yes, you can." Ylva made sure to answer him quickly so that he wouldn't doubt himself and change his mind. She wondered where he wanted to touch her and why so suddenly did he want to do it. She wasn't scared however, if he was going to hurt her he would have done it a long time ago, and he would not have asked he.

Back to top Go down

Ivar Ragnarsson
Ivar Ragnarsson
Thegn

RPG SHEET
Viking profile

PostSubject: Re: alone in the dark-Ivar Ragnarsson alone in the dark-Ivar Ragnarsson EmptySun Nov 26, 2017 12:02 am

She already tried … on what? Killing him? Fighting him? But as soon as her words came further his eyebrows raised up a little, darting his eyes over the water while he processed that. In his mind there wasn’t such a thing like quitting, it just didn’t exist. She gave up, because of one failure and it made him angry again. ‘There are so many thing you can do and you just take the easy way out, let him beat you and behave, hmm,’ he said it not friendly, his tone was dangerously low while he thought about what she could do. ‘You could have run away, you could let anybody else kill him,’ He felt silent in his angry tyranny and fisted his hands. ‘You could stay, I can kill your father,’ The idea of killing the man swirled around in his head from the moment he saw him raging out against her. ‘Do you want me to kill your father?’ He asked slowly, squeezing his eyes together while looking to her soft expressions. But just looking long enough to her made it sure for him she was to weak to survive. ‘You are weak, otherwise you would be still training, still running or still trying to kill him.’ He hissed on that sarcastic angry voice nobody like around Ivar. How could she let him do that to her, I mean, his father tried killing him when he was a baby, but he wouldn’t let anybody try killing him now, they would drink their own blood in return.

He wasn’t straight forward in helping her. It were like little crumbs he gave, hints of his affection in a way, tips for her well fair, telling her how she needed to use a dagger was one of them. Just as his anger was another one. He didn’t became this angry because he didn’t care … otherwise he wouldn’t be sitting here. He did in a way, just as he felt guilt for what happened days ago. But admitting was a whole other world for him, he would never admit his feelings obviously, certainly not around the people he know could mock him about it. For that he was a mix of some very dangerous and unstable traits.

Her seeing him as an inspiration was just something he couldn’t understand and never would. In his sixteen years alive here there was nobody who looked up to him, who admired or loved him except for Aslaug. Sigurd always mocked him, people always talked about him. So why should he be an inspiration to her, a blind girl who relied on a dog for guidance. Frozen under her touch he listened to her words, laughing sarcastically when she said he couldn’t say that again. ‘I’m a cripple, so are you.’ He hissed softly, not meaning it to sound harsh but in a way it was confronting. ‘No denying that.’ He followed. He scratched his head, fingers rubbing through his dark hair while she got on and on until he got probably tired of her words. She was stubborn, he had to give her that. Maybe he gave already in, maybe he was just trying to find a way to keep her away, in the distant. On moments like this she cracked him. But just as he wanted to give in or say something at all something else flew over his lips, a questions he wasn’t planning on asking but did after all, to touch her. He looked insecure up to her and almost directly an answer came in return. He nodded, a little for his own before he looked down to her hand still on his arm. He lifted his hand and softly laid it down over her, folding her fingers slightly between his, holding on to the touch for a moment. ‘What good a friend am I if you will be in Skagen.’ He whispered, lifting her hand away from his arm, laying it back in her lap. His fingertips pressed softly into her dress, scouting her hand with his fingers before he pulled back. His touch was almost gently, a feeling he couldn't describe. ‘It’s that simple, maybe we will never see each other again, and you can’t see so,’ his words drifted, wanting to sound ironic but didn’t in the end. ‘You should go.’ He muttered, keeping his urges inside, trying on keeping a focus on the water and ignoring her, knowing it would only lead to more sorrow if he looked aside. What was she doing? Why did he felt so lost around her?
//©️
Back to top Go down

Ylva Halvorsdóttir
Ylva Halvorsdóttir
Læknir

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: alone in the dark-Ivar Ragnarsson alone in the dark-Ivar Ragnarsson EmptySun Nov 26, 2017 2:50 am

Ylva felt herself frown at his next words a bit. ‘There are so many thing you can do and you just take the easy way out, let him beat you and behave, hmm,’ Ivar said first and Ylva knew he wasn't wrong, but at the same time thought he was a little bit. Her father was still her father, she had no one else to help her. ‘You could have run away, you could let anybody else kill him,’ Ivar said next and Ylva kept her mouth shut at his words. She could have ran away? Where did he think a blind girl that most people didn't talk to was going to go. She has hardly any skills, thanks to her father, how was she going to take care of herself. How was sure going to live on her own? She knew he was a prince, but how could he think she could have just ran away and been fine all on her own without her father. Besides, did he not think she thought of running away on her own, that she thought about it and then saw that she would not have gotten far without her monster of a father. That those were some of the only reasons she had stayed. ‘You could stay, I can kill your father,’ Ivar said next and Ylva felt herself take in a deep breath of air at his words. Would he let her stay here with him? or would she stay her some other way. ‘Do you want me to kill your father?’ he said next and Ylva was shocked at the so very quite "Yes" that came out of her mouth without her even thinking about it. It came out seconds after he finished saying his words. She wondered if he even heard her say it she had been so quite about it.

Then he spoke more. ‘You are weak, otherwise you would be still training, still running or still trying to kill him.’ he said finally on the matter. Taking a deep breath Ylva shook her head at him slightly. "I understand your outlook on this matter but it isn't that simple. I had wanted to run away  many times, but where would I have gone? He would have looked for me. The only person who offered to help me train was scared of my father and never spoke to me again after he was told not to." she said before taking a deep breath."I want him dead, more than I should..however he is my father. He is a monster, but he is the only family I have Ivar...It's complicated." she told him next before turning back to the ocean."If I said yes, that I would stay here and I want you to kill him...where would I stay? I have no set skills yet...I've been trying to learn healing on my own in secret, but I don't know enough to be able to live off those skills yet Ivar...Would you let me stay with you? I'm sure your mother wouldn't.." she said shanking her head a bit.

"So even if I wanted to stay here, and I wanted you to kill him there are things that keep that from happing at the moment...maybe I am weak..but I will get stronger..I will not be weak for much longer.." she said to him, the last part more to herself then to him. She knew she had been a bit more bold with her words but she had become upset by his words a bit. Maybe she really was weak like he said, she had always thought she was strong for dealing with his beatings and hateful words for as long as she had been doing. However Ivar was right. If she was strong she would have ran away and made things work. Maybe she needed to find someone to teach her to be a healer and stop trying to do it on her own in secret. She was just scared of what her father would do if he found out. He would be mad, saying that all she needed was a husband. Like he always told her, he would try to make her stop and maybe take some of her free time away from her.

Then the conversation went on to him calling himself a cripple and her telling him that he was so much more. ‘I’m a cripple, so are you.’ he said to her words followed by ‘No denying that.’ next. Those words were in fact true, but Ivar was so much more then that. Couldn't he see that himself. He was a prince, a feared one at that. He may be crippled, but men and women feared him. That was a great accomplishment."Fine, but you are much, much more then that..at least to me...and I just met you...people who don't see that are just as blind as I am.. If they only see you as a cripple.." she said to him. Being bold once more with him, but being truthful. If people just looked at him as nothing then a cripple then they were blind to Ylva. Blind to Ivar and all that he really was. She looked forward to what he would become, if he could control that anger that is.

And then he was touching her like he has asked if he could. He placed his hand on top of the hand she had kept on his arm. His touch was soft and gentle as he almost laced their fingers together. A little action in reality, but it was enough to get Ylva's heart racing in a good way. He held her hand for a moment before he spoke ‘What good a friend am I if you will be in Skagen.’ he said next to her. He had a good point, what good was a friendship if they were so far apart. She then felt him lift her hand off his arm then then place it back onto the place it had been in her own lap. His fingers touching into her dress, he felt her hand once more before pulling away. Ylva was sure he heart had never been beating this fast before in her entire life. ‘It’s that simple, maybe we will never see each other again, and you can’t see so,’ he said next and then she felt her heart get slower again. ‘You should go.’ he said next and she felt sad almost about it, however she had come this far. She wasn't going to give up that easily. Not now anyways.

"I may have to go home, but I will come back..to you, I promise. When I do I will be stronger, better, and maybe even a full healer. You will be happy we are friends then. That you agreed to our friendship.For you are inspire me, just as I said. I will become better and make you proud to have a friend in me..my blindness included.." she said to him before biting her lip hard, so hard she tastes just a hint of blood."I won't give up...I want to hear you say it...that we can be friends..I may be weak as you say, but I'm stubborn as well.." she said with a tiny laugh.

Back to top Go down

Ivar Ragnarsson
Ivar Ragnarsson
Thegn

RPG SHEET
Viking profile

PostSubject: Re: alone in the dark-Ivar Ragnarsson alone in the dark-Ivar Ragnarsson EmptySun Nov 26, 2017 10:57 am

He was rambling, giving her the option, asking her the questions and she answered yes on the most disturbing one of them. What even surprised him more was how fast that answer came. He froze on that one simply word, jerking his head aside to look at her, lips a little open like he was planning on speaking but didn’t got a word out. She wanted him to kill her father? Did she thought about it? He was staring, not really looking to her just, gazing at her in his own thoughts. Feeling how much eagerness he felt for that answer. He would love to kill that man, only those thoughts rushed a longing through his body, gave him the thoughts in how he would kill that man, how he would love to see him suffer pain. And when those amusing thoughts passed him he focused his eyes back on her. ‘You don’t mean it.’ He reacted blunt. She didn’t mean it right, otherwise she wouldn’t keep complaining about how he was her father, beating or not. Somewhere he wanted her to protest on that, like confessing that she really wanted it, begging him to do it but that only brought him back on her previous words … it was her father, for that her problem. Still, he looked at her, his jaw rolling under in teeth before he looked away with that smile, amused by the idea he could kill her father.

Ivar saw often black and white and for that he didn’t imagined how it was in her eyes, how the world must looked from a perspective you couldn’t see a damn things. He looked into his lap while she tried on explaining things, while she tried on dragging him into her point of view. When she talked about how much her father was a monster he looked aside to her for a moment. ‘The world is filled with monsters.’ He muttered, more to himself than actually towards her. She couldn’t think this would be the end, if he ever died. There would always be another monster to pull her apart. In fact, she was sitting aside one. Knowing she would protest on it he didn’t say it out loud, but still he thought it and that was just enough for him.

When she asked about staying, where she would fit into Kattegat and how she would survive he looked back into his lap. Pinching his fingers in the bracers around his wrist, stretching and curling his fingers while he thought about it. He was really considering it and she couldn’t know he did, she needed to go, she couldn’t stay. But his answers flopped out, not even thinking about it. ‘Helga would take you in.’ He shrugged. Helga and Floki learned him a great deal, surly they would do it for another to. And his mother, who said she needed to know. Still, killing her father would cause trouble, certainly when Ivar did it. Even when would ask his brothers for help. ‘Yes, you are right,’ be became incredible cold in a couple of seconds, trying to suppress his earlier solution for her problem. ‘there is no place for you here.’ He followed coldly. He clenched his teeth against each other, hanging his head, squeezing his eyes before slowly breathing in through his nose. Why was he so shifty against her? Why couldn’t he just … his thoughts opened his eyes again and he looked slowly aside to her, measuring her reaction to his harsh cold words. ‘Mother is not the judge of my life, she will never be.’ He followed, softer, less angrier.

Her persistence suited her as much as her stubbornness, on that surface they were pretty much alike and it made him smile for a moment, thinking about how much she was different and still the same. Both cripples in their own ways and it was exhausting as much as it was liberating. When she stated that he was so much more then only a cripple he huffed is disagreement. Still, her saying he was more to her made him throw her a short look, not knowing how he had to handle that particular set of words. So he ignored it and listened to what else she had to say. She did a lot of talking and he hardly paid attention to it while gazing to the ocean and rambling his own thoughts in his head … he only didn’t spoke them out loud. ‘I am only a cripple Ylva, a cripple and a prince.’ He protested. But in his heart he knew he was so much more, he had desires, to become like his father, to become feared like he already was. He urged for her words to become through, for other people to see what she saw. But it was a lost thought so he kept silence on the matter.

Touching her wasn’t his strongest position for he felt weak doing it. Her fingers felt so much different, so soft, so long under his rough hand. A hands that dragged a body forward every day in and out. He wore bracers, to support the work his hands had to do so she would fell that to, getting an inside into Ivar the boneless. His hands said enough, they were always dirty, rough, in a way “older”. He looked up to her, seeing how she reacted on that touch. He could almost hear her heart beat in his own chest. An unsteady smile spread his lips as he carefully laid her hand back on her leg, pulling his own fingers back from her delicate skin. And then she started speaking again and he shook his head. ‘Don’t promise anything your not sure to keep, maybe your father kills your before you have the change doing the same. Maybe Halfdan finds a use in you, I know that man would be,’ he looked over her body, remembering the man with the blond hair from back in the day when he came to raid Paris with Ragnar. He knew that was the earl of Skagen, he knew the stories. And now he was making her scared with them, only to let her break that promise on coming back. He rolled his eyes on her stubbornness, getting bored by it. ‘Fine.’ He said, hands flying shortly in the air in surrender. ‘We can be friends.’ He spitted out, turning his face towards her with that threatening look she wouldn’t see but would scare everybody away. He leaned closer to her, studying her face. ‘If you don’t come back, if you in ever way break the agreement we have I will come and find you,’ the tip of his finger rose up, petting her chin before it stayed put there for a second. ‘and I will punish you myself for breaking a promise.’ He whispered dangerously low, pulling back and pointing his eyes back to the water. ‘I’m looking forward to that.’ He reacted, amused, sarcastic. Not on her return, on the fact he would hunt her down, saying how right he was after all…
//©️
Back to top Go down

Ylva Halvorsdóttir
Ylva Halvorsdóttir
Læknir

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: alone in the dark-Ivar Ragnarsson alone in the dark-Ivar Ragnarsson EmptySun Nov 26, 2017 2:32 pm

Ylva let out a hallow laugh at his words. ‘You don’t mean it.’ he said and he had know idea how wrong he was. If she thought she could live on her own without her father she would be more then happy to let him kill him. Did that make her a monster too? Wanting someone to kill her father so she could finally be free of him. So she could live her life without having to worry about being hit or hurt by him in some kind of way like she did everyday now."Would it make me horrible if I did." she asked him as she looked toward the ocean."That the thought of him dead gives me some kind of relief.." she said next before shaking her head and letting out another huff of air.[color=#cc6600]"Does that make me a monster too?"[color] she said the last thing more to herself that to Ivar. Was she going to turn into a monster like her father? Wanting his death as badly as she did most days. Hoping he would piss off the wrong person or something to get killed. But like Ivar said, she was too weak to do it herself. The idea of killing her father made her feel scared. That he would over power her and that she would lose,and be killed herself.

However Ylva wasn't ready to die. She wants too many things out of life. She wants to get married, and find love. To make love to someone, to kiss someone. So many things before she died. So her fear, her weakens kept her from doing it. From trying to get away. She hadn't really thought this way until meeting Ivar, she had always thought she had been strong. She was very wrong clearly. The world is filled with monsters.’ she heard Ivar say next. That was true, there were many monsters out there. But she was glad she had met him. He was nothing like a monster to her. Sure he had scared her, and she still is a little scared of him because of his angry but he was nothing like a monster. If he had been one he would have hurt her like he promised her we was going to do. "It is, but I am glad I met you. Because you are not a monster, even with your anger." she told him with a smile as she turned her head from the ocean and back to him. Having know idea that he in fact thought that he was a monster at all.

When he spoke more of her staying her heart dropped at his words ‘Helga would take you in.’ he said, and she believed that Helga was the wife of Floki the shipbuilder and a friend of Ivar's father. Her father had spoken about them once. His words had not been nice, but she was sure he was wrong about them anyways. He was wrong about most people. Ivar this changed, getting mad and anger with his words. Yes, you are right,’ he said first before adding ‘there is no place for you here.’ to her. Bitting her lip once more she tried not to let out a huff at him again. He switched his moods a lot, but she was already getting use to it at least. She felt sad at his words, but when he said ‘Mother is not the judge of my life, she will never be. next she felt a little bit of hope for some reason. "Would Helga really? Maybe I could make a place here?" she said to herself not to him at all. Like she was thinking about it. Like she wanted it to happen more then anything. Ylva never had a mother, or a woman in he life that could be like a mother. She had Thralls, but she knew that they were not the same at all.

"I will make myself a place somehow then.... she said again, more to herself. She would become a healer. She would start to really work on that now, and make herself useful. Give herself something that she can live off of. She was already good at the things she did know so far. She would just make herself better. Ivar spoke again after she had told him he was so much more then a cripple. ‘I am only a cripple Ylva, a cripple and a prince.’ she shook her head at him. "You are those those things, but you are more. You are so much more.." she said to him. Repeating her words to him. He should know that he was more, that he would be more. She could almost feel it in a way. That he was going to be sometime so great and amazing. That he would be so strong, it made her want to become stronger even more. To try and keep up with him.To not fall behind, and to stop being weak in his eyes.

Ylva then promised him that she would come back to him, that she would come better and stronger. ‘Don’t promise anything your not sure to keep, maybe your father kills your before you have the change doing the same. Maybe Halfdan finds a use in you, I know that man would be,’ Ivar said to her her and his words gave her chills. Halfdan scared her, more then Ivar would ever know. She was always sacred he would try to hurt her or make her a "toy" of his. For she was blind and gave nothing to the village at all. Not yet anyways. "I'll come back, and I wont let them hurt me.. I promise. I do my best to stay as far away from Halfdan as it is. I won't go near him unless I have to.. he scares me more then anyone else..from fathers stories.." she said to him in response. She would keep to her words, she would come back to him if she had to go home.

However the whole mood changed when she heard him say ‘Fine.’ followed by We can be friends.’ to her. Ylva's heart started to beat even faster then when he held her hand. The biggest smile she had given him yet came onto her face as she turned her whole body closer. As he leaded into her she could feel his breath on her face when he said ‘If you don’t come back, if you in ever way break the agreement we have I will come and find you,’ to her first. Then his fingers were lightly touching her chin. Her whole face had to have heated up in a bright blush at his sudden touch. ‘and I will punish you myself for breaking a promise.’ he said next and Ylva was so happy they were officially friends and that he was touching her again that she didn't care the was trying to scare her. ‘I’m looking forward to that.’ he said last after he removed his hand from her. Without even thinking he meant anything else other then her coming back she said "I'm looking forward to coming back to you too!" she said to him before she reached forward.

As she reached forward she grabbed at his arm. Pulling herself closer to him by his arm. Once she as closer she grabbed onto his other arm and hugged him. But she felt like she was hugging him from the side, and not the front like she wanted. So she shifted herself more, pulling herself close to him even more, and then shifted almost onto his lap, but not putting any weight on him, before smashing her chest against his and hugging him so close. "This makes me so happy. Ive never wanted a friendship this much. I'm so glad you said we are!" she said before she pulled back and smiled. Then of course she suddenly realized what she was doing, and how she has just handled him,a prince, that she had to beg to be her friend.Ylva's whole face turned bright red as she went to pull away from him. Letting go of his arms and falling down onto the ground just next to his legs. "Oh...I...Sorry...I got too excited.." she said to him as she tired to fix the situation and make sense of what she had just done. Her face still bright red.

Back to top Go down

Ivar Ragnarsson
Ivar Ragnarsson
Thegn

RPG SHEET
Viking profile

PostSubject: Re: alone in the dark-Ivar Ragnarsson alone in the dark-Ivar Ragnarsson EmptyTue Nov 28, 2017 8:51 pm

His eyebrows rose in surprise when she let out a laugh on his comment she didn’t meant it. That alone was enough for him to know she actually had meant it early … he know, because he did it to. The surprise was there, generally, on his face but she couldn’t see it. For a moment there she was not any different from him, and that was stated not in the good way. Still, a smile rose on his lips as he looked away from her to the water, not that she could see that. Would it make her horrible, he slowly looked back aside to her, shacking his head. ‘It certainly doesn’t.’ He whispered it, hardly hearable. In a way he felt some approval, proud maybe over her just saying that. When she went further he talked louder, so she could hear him better. ‘It would be disturbing if it wouldn’t.’ He stated. He wanted a great many people that, people who mocked him, who taunted him. But in the end he was always the stronger person, not giving in on the need and giving them a miserable life right back. Her question, if she was a monster, he looked at her, shaking his head a little. ‘Monsters aren’t nice, you are,’ those last to words he said with a hint of disapproval. Not liking her to be all nice. ‘One day, maybe.’ He let it linger in the air, gazing back to the water. He knew himself to be a monster and she wasn’t capable on matching that.

And then she said something he huffed about, angrily. She stated that he wasn’t a monster. Out of the three times they met and talked? She could know that out of that? That sarcastic evil look came back on his face but he ignored the feeling on the inside and just said nothing to begin with. He was a monster to his mother, for crying days long when he was nothing more then a baby. He was a monster to his father for being a cripple, he was a monster to the people for killing a boy. Even his own brothers saw him as something not human. He used that anger in the thoughts of conquering the world, he would one day, he desired it. ‘That is because you don’t know me that good Ylva.’ He said on a judgmental tone, throwing her a threatening look she probably never would get to see around him.

Him saying that Helga would take her in was just a very poor decision of him. He didn’t want her around, he didn’t wanted to be her friend. Why would he even consider this? There had to be something in his body, a nerve, a piece of his brain overthinking it, wanting her to stay. Otherwise the option never would cross his mind. He knew Helga, she would take every defenseless child in, certainly after losing her own daughter. For Floki he wasn’t sure. He wasn’t sure himself, if he wanted to crawl onto that beach and be greeted by her. His mouth fell a little open, thinking about it and he squeezed his eyes together before looking shortly to her. She asked him something but he wasn’t paying attention, he was with his thoughts in that moment, the moment of having her around all the time. He didn’t liked it, then he had to be her friend. So why did he offered it, not out of his good heart. ‘Maybe.’ He just muttered on her words, not getting into it, scared that she maybe would want to stay, like in here and now. His eyes squeezed back together when she talked further, agreeing on making a place for herself and he rolled his eyes on her determination. But as soon as she came back to him; how much more he was he felt annoyed again, clenching his teeth together, ignoring her words. She could maybe say all of that, but the more she said it, the more he wanted to prove her wrong.

The subject, or rather Halfdan, scared her. He looked aside, studying her fear that showed up for a moment. Yes, he had saw Halfdan, he knew the stories going around. That man killed and raped his way through villages without even questioning. Ylva lived in that village, where Halfdan was a leader, she should fear him, she should stay away from him, more then anything. But he didn’t warned her, she knew it herself. ‘Wise words.’ He nodded on her own words. If she would keep her word, he didn’t say a thing about it, simply because he didn’t believed it. He had to see it, before he would ever believe it. So when she would leave, he would forget, there was nothing left from him on the thoughts of her. Or at least, he was telling that to himself.

In a way he grew tired of her stubbornness. That must have been how Ubbe felt if he persisted in wanting something when he was younger, not that he changed a lot now. He rolled his eyes dramatically, shame she couldn’t see that before he gave into it, hoping she would take that boat and never come back. Ivar had a short temper, short patience to, so this, her being all friendly wasn’t working well for him. He hated it that she saw only the good. But in a way giving in brought his old self back, the smug confident version of Ivar who didn’t hold back on his words. They were good now, she wasn’t scared, he wasn’t angry anymore so he made place for his sarcastic version again. His touch gave her a blush and that devilish grin came up his lips, warning her for the punishment of breaking an agreement. When she said she was looking forward on coming back to he opened his mouth. ‘I didn’t meant,’ but he broke them off because she leaned forward, grabbing his arm. His body froze in her act of her hugging his arm before she shifted even more, contacting her chest with his. His one hand stayed back in the sand to sustain her weight. His other was lifted in the air, not touching her, not moving an inch. But a lot of things happened in that moment, he smelt her sent, a sweet sent curling through her hair. He felt her heartbeat, her warmth and he felt his cheeks turn red on her sudden impact. He disliked it, somebody touching him but this … a hug like this. He swallowed, not saying a word when she so freely said hers. And then she realized, pulling away, freeing his reaction right out of his body. He reached out with his hand, wrapping them slightly around her throat while she fell back in the sand. He pushed her down, in a way it felt gentle but the thread was there in a way, he wanted her to feel fear for him, he drove on it. His body turned in the act, his face hoovering over hers as he ignored the dog looking at them. A dangerous amused smile crawled on his lips as his breath hitched against her face. ‘You may be lucky we are friends.’ He whispered, his one finger petting against her jawline. ‘I wouldn’t be so generous to somebody else.’ He followed his thread, his fingers softening on her throat, his nose almost touching hers. ‘You have a lot to learn.’ He said. ‘I bite.’ His fingers softly released themselves over her throat, stroking her skin as he sat back up and looked over to the dog, damn, he hated that animal.
//©️
Back to top Go down

Ylva Halvorsdóttir
Ylva Halvorsdóttir
Læknir

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: alone in the dark-Ivar Ragnarsson alone in the dark-Ivar Ragnarsson EmptyTue Nov 28, 2017 10:15 pm

Ylva smiles gently when she hears him say ‘It certainly doesn’t.’ to her asking if wanting her father dead made her horrible, he had said it so quietly that if it weren't for her better hearing she would have missed it. She felt like it did, but hearing it from his mouth that it didn't was nice. It made her feel almost a little bit better ever. If Ivar didn't think it made her a monster then it couldn't. Her father was the monster anyways. He was the one who hurt her just because he was unhappy with his child. It wasn't her fault she as blind. If she could have things her way she would be able to see, and she would make it so Ivar could walk. So he could make anyone who was ever cruel to him wish that they hadn't. He was a strong man, and she could hear it and feel it in him. If people were cruel an horrible to him like they were to her she wished she could change it. ‘It would be disturbing if it wouldn’t. he said next to her. Then he said something else ‘Monsters aren’t nice, you are,’ and the way he said it sounded like he was disappointed she was nice? Should she be more cruel? Did Ivar want her to be more mean, and why did she feel the need to do so if he wanted her too? ‘One day, maybe.’ he says next and says no more about it."I hope someday he is dead.." was all she said about it. Weather it would be her doing or his she didn't care anymore.

She felt him shift a little bit when she told him he wasn't a monster. ‘That is because you don’t know me that good Ylva.’ were his words back to her and she shook her head. Sure he was right, she didn't know him well at all, and it would be a while until she did know him better. However from what she had learned, that didn't make him a monster. He was just very misunderstood. Like she was herself she as sure.People always treated her differently so she was sure they did that to him as well. That can become to much for a person, it can make you sad, like she is sometimes, and it can make you angry. Like it seemed to make him. That was normal if people were always thinking the worst of you or underestimating you. "Maybe you are right Ivar, but even when I do get to know you...you will never be a monster to me..even if you hurt me too...the only real monster is my father." she tells him before letting out a breath of air. "You will always be more..better..in my mind." she says next before smiling at him once again.

When he had said that a women named Helga would take her in she got excited and asked if the women really would, Ivars words ‘Maybe.’ were enough to get her a little less excited. Like he wasn't sure and that he didn't want her to stay. Why would he say it and then say maybe. He confused her sometimes, his mood changed fast, but the more they talked and the more that she listened to him she was starting to get a feel of him.With more time she was sure she could have him better figured out. What would it be like to get closer with him Ylva wondered. Would he keep letting her in, or would he keep trying to push her away. Ylva was sure it would be a mixture of the too. Fighting with him to stay close one moment, and him letting her in a little bit the next. It made her wish she really could stay her with him and get closer. Ylva already felt herself clinging to the idea of him. To the idea of someone who understood and was similar to her. They could be good for each other, help one another get better. "I wish she could..I never had a mother." was all she says on the matter. Helga sounded nice from what she had heard.

Ivar had said that her feelings and thought on Halfdan were wise, and it made her even nervous if she had ever had to meet the man. Would he hurt her a lot? Would he rape her on the stop? Ylva didn't know and she planed to never find out. He had been the Earl her whole life, and in her whole sixteen years she had never had a run in with him. That for which she was glad. Ylva hoped it was because her father and himself didn't get along. So he just left her and her father alone. Hopefully it would stay that way for the rest of her life. Not that she planed to stay in Skagen forever. No she would come back here to Ivar, and when she did come back she would make a name for herself here in this new land. Other people have done it in the past. So Ylva knew that she would be able to do it as well. Besides she would have her friendship in Ivar to help her out as well. Plus her healer skills she was going to work on and get better.

Things changed quickly, Ylva had been so excited that he had agreed to their friendship that she had hugged him, not only had she hugged him she had rubbed her body all over him almost. Sure she couldn't see, and she had to feel around a little bit to hug him the way she had wanted to do, but she should have asked him before touching him. She had felt his hard strong arms, smells his strong sent, one that reminded her of the forge Hankon worked in mixed with dirt. His chest had been strong and broad as well. She had never been this close to a man other than her father, and she that was part of the reason she pulled back so in shock. As she pulled away in her shock and fell onto her but she felt his hands reach out and gently touch her neck, before pushing her to lay down in the sand next to his body. Ylva felt like her heart was going to fly out of her body with how fast it was beating. Before she knew it Ivar was hovering over her body with half of his own. His arm leaning on her chest, and his hand still by her throat. She heard her dog crawl slightly as her face turned bright red once more. She could feel his breath on her face, and in this moment she wished she could see him, more than anything else in the world. ‘You may be lucky we are friends.’ Ivar whispered as he moved his fingers gently over her jawline.

Making her heart even faster,and her face even redder. ‘I wouldn’t be so generous to somebody else.’ he said next as she felt him move his fingers around her neck a bit. She could feel his face getting even closer to her own, a ghost of a touch against her nose. ‘You have a lot to learn.’  he said next, followed by ‘I bite.’ to her. Ylva felt his hands slowly leaving her neck, gently stroking her skin as he sat back up and pulled away from her body. Ylva just laid there for a few moments as she tried to calm herself down. She wondered if he had been trying to scare her, because it had done the opposite. Her heart was beating so fast, something that seemed to be a thing Ivar had only done to her. She had also never been that close to a man other than her father in her whole life. It was been exciting maybe? She wasn't even sure how to put it into words. She had smelled him, and felt him so much more then in the hug. She had liked it, she had liked the way he touched her and it confused her. It should have scared her, but in her mind she was sure he wouldn't have hurt her, and he hadn't.

Ivar made her feel things, think things, do things that she never would have felt or done before meeting him. She was never this bold, not ever. She never thought many of the things she was now things before, and she had never felt this way too. His words too, he had called her his friend, and told he she was lucky, that others would have been punished for doing what she did. However she wouldn't be. She had almost thought he was going to kiss her as well, and she had know idea why. With how close his face had been to her own, and she almost wanted him too. Was almost sad he hadn't done it. What was wrong with her? She wanted his friendship didn't she? Or was he making her want more? Taking a deep breath she sat up next to him. Her heart was more in control now,and she was pretty sure her face was a little less red. "So teach me..if I have a lot to learn.." Ylva finally says as she turns her head toward him. She is now in the opposite side of where she had been sitting and Ivar had her on one side and her dog on the other. She was glad she had stayed so calm, or things could have gone differently. Her dog could have attacked him. "And...if I want you to bite? what about that?" she said very quietly. Her face going red all over again at her boldness towards him. With her luck he wouldn't even get her meaning. He would think she wanted him to hurt her or something. Hopefully she hadn't just changed their friendship already. It was his fault, he had put his face so close to her. He had made her want him to kiss her. Not her fault,Ivar's fault!

Back to top Go down

Ivar Ragnarsson
Ivar Ragnarsson
Thegn

RPG SHEET
Viking profile

PostSubject: Re: alone in the dark-Ivar Ragnarsson alone in the dark-Ivar Ragnarsson EmptyThu Nov 30, 2017 10:08 pm

Wanting somebody dead was not the same as willingly do it. Ivar could kill a person without flinching away, Ylva could only dream of killing a person … she wasn’t capable of holding an axe and throw it over to her father, not like he would be able to do it. Ivar didn’t had a reason to kill one of his parents but he knew his rage, countless times he thought of ways on killing his elder brother, Sigurd. Countless times he looked to that blond haired boy thinking about what would be the sweeter dead. His anger never took over, but he knew that one day it might as well will. Killing her father wouldn’t be only an act of aggressions and dominance, it would also show his affection for her … and that there, was the only reason why he didn’t got into it. Not that he loved her, not that he admired her, only because he understood in a way. And understanding was a great step for Ivar towards trust.

Ylva had no idea who she was up against, she didn’t knew him, she probably never would fully. Ivar was not only complicated, he was dark, withdrawn and his head was spinning with thoughts she probably never wanted to hear him say out loud. For that she would never knew him fully. Her insisting on him not being a monster drove him mad, drove him impatience and frustrated. Maybe he wanted the world to think he was a monster, maybe he wanted her to think he was. He bite his angrily, looking aside to her as he took in a very deep breath. ‘I am no better!’ He shouted on her words, hissing between his teeth as he turned his head towards the water. ‘Let me remind you to keep that pretty mouth of yours shut sometimes Ylva. I’m sick of you pretending to know me.’ He grunted, not even looking at her. He wanted to crawl away, wish her a good journey and crawl away. But still he sat there, not moving while his anger heated his veins. Why couldn’t she just accept it, that he was what she thought he wasn’t? ‘I don’t want to hear another word about it.’ He flattened his command so it almost sounded cold. Afterwards he would regret it, but just as days before he didn’t had control of that anger and he was ready to use it.

Offering Helga was the stupidest thing he had done this day. He was pouting over it, angry on himself for a change when she said she never had a mother. It never occurred to him, that there wasn’t a woman aside her father, that there was nobody around to defend her from her father. Still to stubborn to talk he turned his head and looked at her, chewing the inside of his cheek in thoughts. Helga was the best but Floki was in his eyes always better. The man that was more a father then Ragnar ever would be. After a time of gazing he relaxed, finding himself in asking her the question. ‘She died?’ He asked, rather quiet. If there wasn’t a mother, how did it come she turned out to be like this, caring, loving, patience?

The peace he offered himself by accepting her friendship turned out in her hugging him. Something that, again, caught him totally of guard. Where did she find the courage to do that? But that wasn’t the question going through his head, nothing really did. He just sat there, not returning it back and especially not encouraging it. He hated it when somebody got into his personal space, even more touching him. He fought a lot with his brothers but this was different. He couldn’t remember the last time somebody hugged him other then Floki often did. Not his mother, not his brothers, nobody and she did it. His teeth clenched together, trying to not push her away like he would do with everybody else. Instead he focused on the details, her smell, her touch, her warmth and it relaxed him. He would never willingly give in to this, he wouldn’t even do it himself. But in another way … if did something slightly positive, offcourse, Ivar had to do everything in his power to prove her that hug was his anger and for that she needed to hear his thread. Her throat felt so fragile around his fingers, slightly squeezing it while he pushed her down in the sand. His blue eyes shortly rested on her throat, looking to his fingers and how easily he could push the air out of her lungs. In a way he wanted it, to prove her his dark side. But the sight of her blind eyes snapped him right out his thoughts. He leaned closer in to her, studying those shallow eyes, wondering if he could see fear if it came. His thread leaved with an short sarcastic chuckled in the end, pulling away from her with the distinct left overs from his touch still marked on her body. His thumb scour his fingertips, the fingertips that touched her, slightly looking aside to her before pulling a little smile on his lips, like he was proud that he had touched her.

He was still looking to his fingertips when she said he needed to teach her things. A dry chuckle left his lips as his hand fell back in his lap and looked aside to her. ‘Nothing for you to learn,’ he starting, stretching his hand out to show her the ocean she couldn’t see. ‘You are leaving.’ He would keep blaming her in a way, for leaving, for maybe later coming back. She would be his wrath every second she was around. ‘You probably find a good boy there eager to teach you everything.’ He taunted, tilting his head with that smug expression all over his face. If she only could see it, his attention would be twice that clear. But then she asked a question that made his jaw drop. He turned his head and raised his eyebrows, looking at her in disbelief. ‘Do you want to miss other parts of yourself to?’ He asked, tilting his head again. ‘Hmm? Aren’t you not cripple enough?’ He chuckled, darkly. ‘I should bite down that tongue of your, seeing how boldly you are getting around my bad temper.’ He warned her for himself. She really didn’t care, but she needed to be aware about the darkness he had. If they wanted to be friends, she had to understand this. She needed to learn to be careful around him. ‘You don’t want me biting Ylva,’ he whispered softly, shaking his head. ‘it would get you killed.’ He followed with a promising tone. He looked aside, facing her dog, taunting the animal with his hard cold stare. Did he hate the situation and still … it was so amusing.
//©️
Back to top Go down

Ylva Halvorsdóttir
Ylva Halvorsdóttir
Læknir

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: alone in the dark-Ivar Ragnarsson alone in the dark-Ivar Ragnarsson EmptyThu Nov 30, 2017 11:20 pm

Ylva felt herself biting her lip when she heard Ivars next words after telling him that she would never think he was a monster. ‘I am no better!’ was what he said to her first, followed by ‘Let me remind you to keep that pretty mouth of yours shut sometimes Ylva. I’m sick of you pretending to know me.’to her. Ylva bit her lips harder at his words. He was right, she didn't know him very well at all. She may not think he was a monster, but he certainly thought that he himself was one. She also realized that he in a way called her pretty, making her blush just a bit before he said ‘I don’t want to hear another word about it.’ to her. She could tell that she had made him mad. From his voice and the air around them had shifted. However she also noticed the was able to calm himself down a lot quicker, and that made her happy for him."Okay Ivar, I won't say anymore about it."was all she said at first to him. She didn't want to upset him more, however the new boldness that he seemed to bring out in her wanted to ask him a question. "Do you really think I'm pretty?" Ylva asked him with a bright blush."I've been told you are very handsome...I'm sure that its true" she says next.

Making her face redder at her words. Sometimes she knew that she didn't know how to keep quite. It was like he brought it out in her. She never talked this boldly to anyone else. If she was this bold with her father she would be hurt more then before, and she didn't want that to happen to herself. However she felt more like herself with Ivar. More at ease, and relaxed then she had ever been. Even with the threat of his anger getting out and hurting her. So far even when she had annoyed him or angered him he had been able to calm down, or she had been able to calm him herself. Something Ylva was rather proud about herself. That she was able to be patient and kind enough to him that he was able to clam down a bit. She was also happy that they were still here together and talking. The more they spoke the happier she got. In a way they were getting to know one another like this. Even if it was just a little bit.It maybe Ylva want to stay even more, to be able to get closer to him, if he would let her.

Then they started talking about Helga and Ivar got quite before asking ‘She died?’ to her. Ylva let out a sign before saying "Yes, when I was born." she said at first before shaking her head and going on "I am glad she did in a way, for if she had lived, maybe father would have beat her too. At least she wouldn't have had to suffer that way as well." she said before letting out a small laugh."Or maybe she would have killed him, and we could have lived a happy life. she said next before shrugging. "I always wondered what it would be like to have a mother though..I'm sure its very nice." she said before touching the sand a bit, pushing it around with her fingers a bit. The sand here felt different, more rough. There must have been more shells in it then back home. Ylva wondered what color the sand was, if it was darker then home or lighter. If only she could see color, just once. However she would hope Ivar could be the thing she saw. If she could only know what one person ever looked like, she wouldn't mind if it was him.

Things had changed when she hugged him and he pushed her into the ground and hovered over her. He had changed things just a bit for her. Changing her thought to less friendly thoughts and more thoughts she would think a women would have for a maybe lover. Ivar had made her want him to kiss her. The way he had pushed her down, and how close he had put his face to hers. She was so sure he was going to do it, and Ylva had no idea why she would think those things. Ivar was a prince, and she was only a simply villager for now. Yes she would become a healer, but she wasn't one at the moment. ‘Nothing for you to learn,’ he said first after she told him to teach her the things she needed to learn. ‘You are leaving.’ Ivar said next to her. ‘You probably find a good boy there eager to teach you everything.’ he said next and Ylva felt her face fall at those words. For some reason she didn't like the idea of that. She wanted to learn from him, and those thoughts alone made her worried. "I don't want to leave" she said quietly, not adding that she didn't want anyone else to teach her as well. She didn't want to make him leave " And I don't know about that...no one has expressed interest yet..." was all she decided to say to that comment. She didn't know if anyone ever would, and part of her knew she wanted his. Was it because he understood her more, or something else? Why did she feel so strongly attached to him already?

Then she had been even more bold asking him to bite her, but not in a painful way. She had wanted him to kiss her. That had been her meaning. However he said ‘Do you want to miss other parts of yourself to?’ to her first ‘Hmm? Aren’t you not cripple enough?’ to her with a darker laugh. His anger mixing in with his feelings, was Ivar simply always angry? ‘I should bite down that tongue of your, seeing how boldly you are getting around my bad temper.’ Ivar said next and Ylva's face went red again. He made her blush far to much for her liking sometimes. She knew she was getting bold with him, but she liked it. She enjoyed this new side that he seemed to bring out in her. ‘You don’t want me biting Ylva,’ Ivar said next, this time more like a whisper. ‘it would get you killed.’ he added and she could tell he was being serious. Ylva was quite for a few moments after his words. Letting them sink in to her skin and mind a bit before speaking."I'm not normally this bold..its like you bring it out in me.." she says first kind of quietly."I think I like it however, so I'm not sorry. I feel more free and at ease with you then I have in years." she says next letting out a little giggle."So I may be bold until you make me stop, but I hope you don't..Its rather fun." she says next before shooting him a small in the direction she knew his face was.

Back to top Go down

Ivar Ragnarsson
Ivar Ragnarsson
Thegn

RPG SHEET
Viking profile

PostSubject: Re: alone in the dark-Ivar Ragnarsson alone in the dark-Ivar Ragnarsson EmptyMon Dec 04, 2017 7:36 pm

He had a hard time accepting that others could actually know him, or wanted to know him. He always grew up with his brothers, with people around him who disliked him because of what he was and turned out to be. Nobody really wanted to see the brain after the stormy blue eyes, or wanted to accept he was smart, intelligent, that he was in fact a son of Ragnar Lothbrok. For that he lost all trust in humanity and for that he hated that she was one of those rare persons who wanted to know him. His anger lashed out and she didn’t flinched back, what cause his teeth to grit together, looking for a way in which he could scare her away, from him and from Kattegat. But it seemed she found trust in their friendship, she believed he wouldn’t hurt her. He so badly wanted it to happen, he wanted to hurt her so badly … but he didn’t. She agreed on his threat and he relaxed a little, looking away over the water again. Until she asked if he found her to be pretty and a hearable sign left his lips. ‘You will never know I guess.’ He said short voiced. She would never know, she didn’t had the eyes to see it herself. When she stated that he must be very handsome to he rolled his eyes, giving her a sarcastic smile. ‘Also, you will never know.’ He said, still slightly irritated by her constant positivity over his personality. And offcourse, If she couldn’t talk about that, then why not about beauty, great.

He didn’t asked about her mother because he wanted to know it … maybe he did. But he mostly asked it to divert the subject away from him to her. He didn’t knew how it was to grow up without a mother, Aslaug was always around. She spoiled him more then his others brothers and for that he was the brad he was now. She did everything for him, protected him, cared for him, helped him ease the pain. Back when he was younger he needed her protection. Now he grew irritated by Aslaug her attitude around him. So he couldn’t imagine … what he could understand was not having a father. Ivar was young when Ragnar left, he could remember his father but it was a faded memory for Ragnar didn’t return. Floki took that roll over but it wasn’t the same. He slowly looked aside to Ylva when she talked, her dark curls slipping over her shoulder, distracting his eyes for a moment. ‘Maybe you would be safe and sound, run away together.’ He suggested on her sad thoughts. Her words turned a little, asking herself how it would be to have a mother and Ivar thought back about Aslaug, pulling up his shoulders in the thought. ‘Depends.’ He just said. Not every mother was the same, or threated her children the same. He loved his mother but he hated her lack of interest into Kattegat. So it was different for everybody. Not that she would ever know, she didn’t had one. The gods didn’t gifted her one while in his opinion she needed one to grow more. But that luck Ylva didn’t had.

‘You have to.’ He stated on her words, on not wanting to leave. There was no place for her here, he probably wouldn’t hold it out with her always around. He signed and looked back aside to her, drowning in her empty eyes. ‘You need to follow the path the gods gave you, that is back to Skagen with your father until somebody fixes you faith.’ He said. Floki always encouraged him to listen to the gods, to follow their way, for that he was a believer in the heart. When she commented that nobody found her to be interesting his mouth went open, ready to say something but he shut it again, wisely keeping the words for himself. She was beautiful, she just didn’t knew it from herself and he wasn’t going to tell her. There would be a boy or a man eager to take care for her but that … he didn’t say either.

Her boldness was amusing to a certain level. Ivar rolled his jaw under his teeth and gave her a smug grin after his warning words. Not that it was much of a warning, he was taunting her, mocking her in the best way that he could. That was steadiness for Ivar, playing his own games. When she stated that he brought it out in her he chuckled amused, scratching his fingers over the side of his head under his hairline. The smile kept on his face, listening to her further words. The giggle she produced made his eyes travel down to her lips, eyebrows raised for it was the first time she actually laughed out loud. ‘You should be sorry, it makes me,’ his words fell silence, looking over the water with that neutral gaze of him. ‘Isn’t your father looking for you?’ He asked out of the blew, not looking aside to her but rather the other way to her dog. He felt like he had been here already to long, and she was to distracting for him. Aside that, she was planning on leaving and he didn’t wanted to deep the feeling of this friendship further. So maybe she should go, now, before he got caught in the enjoyment of speaking freely.
//©️
Back to top Go down

Ylva Halvorsdóttir
Ylva Halvorsdóttir
Læknir

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: alone in the dark-Ivar Ragnarsson alone in the dark-Ivar Ragnarsson EmptyMon Dec 04, 2017 9:19 pm

Ylva feels herself let out a pout at his next words. ‘You will never know I guess.’ he says in return to her asking if he really thought she was pretty. He could simply tell her, but Ylva was beginning to understand that Ivar was just not that simple. He liked to give information he wanted to give, and if he didn't want to say something he would just change the subject to not answer her. ‘Also, you will never know.’ he says again when she tells him that she had heard he was handsome. She lets out a huff and rolls her eyes at him, or at least she tries to, if he isn't looking at her, then it was for nothing."Yes I suppose I'll never know, for I'll never see...however you could just tell me the answer to the other question...but clearly you wont." Ylva tells him with another pout, it really would be helpful to see his face right now. Not just to know what he looked like, but to see what he his expressions were. She had heard other say that expressions helped you understand a person better, and sure she was good at reading voices and emotion. However Ylva knew that if she could see him, she would have a way better feel for him then she already did at this moment. It would make things a whole lot easier for her, that was for sure.

When the subject went to her mother, and she explained things to him. That her mother had died, and part of her had been glad about it. For she was safe. Ivar decided to say ‘Maybe you would be safe and sound, run away together.’ to her about it. It was true, maybe her mother would have taken her somewhere safe and sound. she could have given her a far better life, a happy one instead of one that had a lot of fear it in. Fear of what she was going to do to make him mad next, and when he was going to hurt her again. How badly was he going to hurt her, and was she going to have to think of a new excuse? Those are the things that Ylva lived with everyday of her life. She could spend her life wasting away thinking on all the maybes, but in the end her mother was still dead, and she was struck here with a father that hated her, and only kept her because she could help him gain something from it."That would have been nice...maybe if I ever marry...the mans mother would like me...but...I don't think that will ever happen." she the out a hallow laugh and shook her head."Besides, I want to be able to pick my own husband, not for someone to pick for me...father just will never let me." she adds next on the subject.

When she told him that she didn't want to go, that she didn't want to leave him, he simply said ‘You have to.’ to her. She knew that, but it didn't mean she wanted to. She wished he would just kill her father and keep her here. Why did he offer it if he really wasn't going to do it? Ylva wanted to ask him that, but thought better of it. ‘You need to follow the path the gods gave you, that is back to Skagen with your father until somebody fixes you faith.’ Ivar says to her next. Ylva knows he is right, but so far she hates what the gods have given her. The life they have made her life. She is blind, her father is abusive to her, and no one wants to marry her because she would require a lot of work. Ylva wasn't sure what she had done to be given this life, but she hoped that becoming a full healer would change things a bit. Maybe she would be able to find a husband too, even if she wanted to be able to come back to Ivar like she promised him she would. "I wish the gods would listen to me, and let me stay here..but you are right..I must follow their path for me..even if I do not like it right now.." she says to him before letting out a sign. Tears trying to come out, but she fights them back.

Then Ivar told her she needed to be less bold, Ylva in turn teased him and told him that she liked being bold around him, and that she was by no means sorry.‘You should be sorry, it makes me, Ivar says next, trailing off at the end. This for some reason makes her giggle again. Why should she be sorry, even more so if he can't finish his own answer. She is just about to say something else back to him when she hears him say ‘Isn’t your father looking for you?’ to her. Ylva feels the smile fall from her face as well as the color. Was he near, could Ivar see him? Was that why he was bringing it up? Or was he simply done with their time together. They had been spending so much time together again, just like at the feast. Ylva was loving every second of it, but maybe Ivar had enough of her."Is..is he near?' Ylva asks him first, her fear in her voice makes her curse herself. How stupid of her, to be weak in front of him when she told him she would be more strong."Or...are you..are you ready for me to go for the day?" she says less. A hint of sadness in her voice as she asks the last question. She would go if he wanted her to do so, but it made her sad to think about it. Ylva would only be here a little bit longer, then it would be a long time until she would be able to be with him like this again.

Back to top Go down

Ivar Ragnarsson
Ivar Ragnarsson
Thegn

RPG SHEET
Viking profile

PostSubject: Re: alone in the dark-Ivar Ragnarsson alone in the dark-Ivar Ragnarsson EmptyMon Dec 11, 2017 6:49 pm

Ivar refused on answering any question she asked about beauty, or any other question for that matter. If he didn’t want something he surly wasn’t planning on doing it against his will. So when she spoke he grinned only shortly, nodding on it. ‘Exactly.’ He said, almost mocking the fact that she couldn’t see. He didn’t empathized often, for him others their problem were a cold case against his, and he even didn’t empathize himself. He knew his crippled body was in no way getting better, ever, just as she never would be able to see. So why empathize with it? Why not making it your power. Ivar had that power, everybody knew him, he turned his crippled body in a weapon, a signature. One day they would fear him, one day Ivar would be feared, not only by some people in Kattegat, but by every village he would raid, by everybody ever meeting with his blue eyes. And in a way they should know her to for blindness wasn’t a weakness and yet she wielded it like one.

Talking about mothers, or the mother she not had made him think about his own mother. Yet, her words pulled him away from those thoughts. Marriage, he looked slowly aside to her, gritting his teeth on the thought. His mother often talked about it, how Ubbe should already have been married and have children. ‘Not probably not.’ He said, not even trying on being friendly. It was just them, being not normal, being cripples, they didn’t get to have a happy ending. Not that Ivar wanted it, a happy ending. His dead would be carved in stone, ugly but remembered through the years. He didn’t wanted happiness, as long as he was recognized until his dead, after his dead, he would be happy. ‘You think,’ he chuckled, shaking his head with his hands folded in his lap. ‘that you get to pick your own husband?’ He asked, suppressing his smile by biting his lap. ‘You have a lot to learn, you don’t get to pick anything.’ He stated, leaning in on her, gazing at her face. ‘you are a girl, girls can’t decide.’ He informed her with a smile, not a friendly one. He was just helping her, in his own way … she didn’t need to hold on to hopes if she never wouldn’t get it.

His believe in the gods was great, he always loved the stories Floki told him. He loved the sacrifices they made, he was always obsesses with the rituals, the blood, the thoughts about the gods. That is why he said it, because he truly believed in it. But Ylva didn’t wanted to follow the path, she wanted to stay. ‘The gods always have their reasons for doing so.’ He whispered in his own thoughts, looking over the water. ‘Nothing for you to stay anyway.’ He following, throwing her a short look before looking back to the water. She couldn’t stay, it was simple as that. If the gods wanted otherwise they would already have said so.

When he asked if her father wasn’t looking for her saw a panic on her face. His eyes narrowed, studying her fear before he looked over his shoulder to look for any sign of her father, but he wasn’t there. ‘No, he isn’t here.’ He just answered. Maybe somewhere deep inside he felt guilty for throwing it on her like this, she couldn’t see. ‘Why are you afraid of? Him seeing us sitting like he wanted or me planning on killing him if I cross him?’ He asked, curious a little. But her other words left him numb, his mouth went open before he slowly shook his head. But she couldn’t see that. ‘Maybe.’ He answered her other question. She was sad, he saw it, he heard it and it made him chuckle softly. ‘Don’t be sad, Skagen has so much more to offer then this.’ He teased, in a bad way. He wanted her to go, and yet a part didn’t want it. He had fun and yet he hated her. The contrast between black and white just overruled, not knowing which side to believe. The gods were taunting him, and for what?
//©️
Back to top Go down

Ylva Halvorsdóttir
Ylva Halvorsdóttir
Læknir

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: alone in the dark-Ivar Ragnarsson alone in the dark-Ivar Ragnarsson EmptyWed Dec 13, 2017 3:16 pm

Ylva feels herself roll her eyes when he says ‘Exactly.’ to her. She wished he would just be more simple and give her a straight answer. However she was getting the feeling that nothing was ever going to be simple for their friendship, and that might be annoying sometimes. Nonetheless, Ylva was sure that it was going to be worth it. She just wished that she didn't have to leave. That if she got to stay, then maybe they would be able to get closer. They would be able to bond, and grow their friendship in a stronger way. Why couldn't the Gods hear her, and give her what she wanted? She wanted to stay here with him, and away from her father. She just prayed that they would bring her back to him, and that when she did get back here, Ivar would be proud of everything she had done and the person she would grow to be. It would be something she would pray to the gods about until it happened. Until she came back, and she was here to stay. It would happen, one way or another she prayed.

The conversation went to mothers and how she wished that she would be able to chose for herself someday and not have to have her father pick for her. ‘Not probably not.’ Ivar said to her after she said she hoped that her husbands mother would like her. She just let a half pout fall onto her lips. It was most likely true, who would want a blind women for their son? However Ivar didn't have to be so blunt with it, even if that was the truth. She guessed she wouldn't want him to lie to her however, so at least he was going to be a very honest friend to her. ‘You think,’ she heard Ivar start out before letting out a laugh. ‘that you get to pick your own husband?’ he said to her, and Ylva bit her lip to not interrupt him. ‘You have a lot to learn, you don’t get to pick anything.’ he said next and she just bit her lip harder a his words. ‘you are a girl, girls can’t decide.’ he added last and she let go of her lip in fear she would bit though it. "It is my life...I should get to decided...girl or not..." she said to him quietly. It was true. She should have a say, and it shouldn't matter she was a girl. "But you are right..like always it seems." she said to him next. In the same tone, but a little more airy.

Ivar brought up that she was leaving once more, something he kept throwing into her face. She told him she didn't want to go, just like she had been saying. Then he brought up the gods to her. She told him that she wished the gods would listen to her, and give her what she wanted. She felt like they never listened to her, but it didn't stop her from praying to them and believing in them. ‘The gods always have their reasons for doing so.’ Ivar said to her. Ylva could just see more and more how wise and intelligent he was. He was going to do so many great things. She could feel it coming off him, it was strange in a way, and she didn't understand it completely. She just knew that he was going to accomplish many things in his life. ‘Nothing for you to stay anyway. he added in a few moments later. Ylva Nodded her head at him."Not this time, but when I come back I shall be here to stay. I'll be a great healer, and I'll help many people in this village." she said it with such confidents as she tried to convince it to herself and to him. That was what she wanted very strongly anyways.

The conversation took a turn when Ivar had asked if her father was looking for her. Ylva hadn't meant to get as scared as she had gotten in front of her, she just feared what would happen later. Her father would shake her and demand to know the whole conversation. If he didn't like something he would hit her, she was not looking forward to that if he was near. ‘No, he isn’t here.’ She heard Ivar say, and Ylva let out a breath of air that she had no idea she had been holding. She was glad her father wasn't around. ‘Why are you afraid of? Him seeing us sitting like he wanted or me planning on killing him if I cross him?’ Ivar asked her and she shook her head at him. "I pray you kill him if he comes by you, so its not that." she tells him first. "I worry about what happens when we are alone again. He wouldn't leave me alone. He would shake me until I told him everything we spoke about.." she told him next, trading off at the end. Looking weak and feeling it in front of him. Ylva felt like that she was doing that too much, but when she came back she would be stronger.

Ylva asked him if he was done with her, if he was ready to leave him alone for the day and she heard the ‘Maybe.’ that came from his mouth. It mad her sad, but she understood. She had taken a lot of his time, and she hadn't even thought she was going to see him today. Ylva was of course glad she had, that they had been able to make up and become friends this way.‘Don’t be sad, Skagen has so much more to offer then this.’ were Ivar's next words to her. She let out a laugh at that, she knew what was in store for her at home. "You have know idea how wrong you are.." she tells him first, another hallow laugh falling from her lips. "Father has made promises to me. Not much good is waiting for me at home." she said to him next. "But I'll become a better healer while at home, so I guess that is something." she told him last before letting out a breath of air.

She guessed that this should be enough time for the day. She would see, and maybe beg for him to see her once more before she left at the very least, but Ylva was sure Ivar had other things to do today. So she slowly got onto her knees and moved closer to him. "I guess I can leave you alone now, as long as you promise to see me once more before I go!" she told him with a smile on her face. A bold idea popped into her head, and so she leaned into him and went to give him a kiss on the cheek, however she couldn't see what direction his head was facing because she was blind. So when she leaned in to place the kiss, she noticed right away she was not kissing his face, but was somehow kissing his lips. Shock took over her and she just sat there, with her lips on his own for a few moments before her whole face turned bright red and she pulled back. Ylva had just lost her first kiss by mistake, and she wasn't sure how to feel about it at all. "Oh..." she said first, her brain not working right. "I....I had meant...your...cheek." she stammered out at him in her shocked mindset. What was Ivar going to do to her now? He had pushed her down onto her back for the kiss, but now she had just kissed him, and part of her liked it too. Part of Ylva wasn't one bit sorry, and thats why she hadn't said it yet.  

Back to top Go down

Ivar Ragnarsson
Ivar Ragnarsson
Thegn

RPG SHEET
Viking profile

PostSubject: Re: alone in the dark-Ivar Ragnarsson alone in the dark-Ivar Ragnarsson EmptySat Dec 23, 2017 11:37 am

He was amused by how ignorant she was about life, the world. Ivar was young himself but he payed a lot amount of time on watching others life the live he probably never would have. Not because he was jealous, just because he loved to know it all. He saw how life worked. He often sat in the great hall while his mother was dealing with the people of Kattegat, it was a messy way of doing business. So if Ylva thought she could pick everything in her life herself then she was wrong on so many levels. He had thought she would understand that by now … given she had to sail back and hadn’t the courage our choice to stay but no. And that made him chuckle in amusement. ‘I’m always right.’ He said, full of himself like usual to. ‘I told you that night on the Harvest feast that you should do more then only be a poor daughter of a man that beats you. I see things, I know things, you should listen more and then you would maybe know,’ he felt silence, leaning a little closer to her. ‘that life isn’t all that good to the women of this world. You don’t get to pick.’ He just stated, amused while pulling back. For him it was all a game, a funny observation, not in a second he thought about how it would make her feel.

When she said she would come back to stay, when she said how she would turn out to be he didn’t answer, letting her live that dream she so eagerly consumed. If she thought it would be that easy, to come back, then she was wrong. What if she got to marry? What if she didn’t became a healer? Ylva saw everything so bright and large and he was afraid that it would shatter her totally if everything in that turned out wrong. But she would learn out of it, that was why he didn’t say a thing and let her live her fantasy for a little longer, until the gods decided to stop it.

It was wrong for him to just blurt it out and let her panic over nothing really. Her words made him look over the father, slightly humming on the fact he would love to kill her father. But what would that prove, that he cared? He didn’t want to be that, he didn’t want to be anything really … aside somebody that is feared by many. ‘Then tell him.’ He shrugged if she said that her father would demand all the details of their conversation. ‘Isn’t this what he wants? Beside,’ he smiled again. ‘it’s not that I’m gonna tell a girl like you there is to know about Kattegat. You’re blind anyway.’ That would sting, he knew it but he was faster in talking then actually thinking. When she said her father said there is not much good waiting he looked aside to her. ‘Then see it as an opportunity to rise to the occasion.’ He just shrugged, not half compassioned about her situation. If she so badly wanted to get stronger, this was what she had to do. Ivar didn’t became this person just by sitting and pouting about life. He was sunken away in his own thoughts as he saw her move on her knees and move closer. His body tensed within seconds, looking aside to her with those big warning blue eyes again. ‘I don’t make promises.’ He just stated. He would see her sail away, she only would see him for it would be another sign that he cared. He would watch in the distance. As she moved closer his whole body froze on the gesture. Her lips softly pressed against him. Ivar was never kissed before, he never had the urge to be kissed and she did it again, surprising him. He didn’t had the courage to pull back, he didn’t had the power to do anything only to feel her lips on his in his full extend. Until she pulled back and he looked at her bright red head. He turned his head away from her, lifting his finger to touch his own lips, like he wanted to feel it again. The corner of his lips traveled a little up, not really smiling, more like a poor grin before he forgot all of it and pushed his body away from her. ‘Go.’ He just said, flat, cold, without any emotion. Not angry but certainly not happy about it as he started to drag himself away from her. What was she doing?
//©️
Back to top Go down

Ylva Halvorsdóttir
Ylva Halvorsdóttir
Læknir

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: alone in the dark-Ivar Ragnarsson alone in the dark-Ivar Ragnarsson EmptyTue Dec 26, 2017 9:26 pm

Ylva just bites her lips when she hears him say ‘I’m always right.’ to her. ‘I told you that night on the Harvest feast that you should do more then only be a poor daughter of a man that beats you. I see things, I know things, you should listen more and then you would maybe know,’ he tells her next and Ylva just nods her head at his words. He is right weather she likes it or not. Then Ivar is leaning closer to her and saying ‘that life isn’t all that good to the women of this world. You don’t get to pick.’ to her and Ylva just turns her head away from him. He was wrong in that aspect, she was going to be a women who picked what she wanted, and she was going to be strong enough to get what she wanted too. What she wanted was to learn to heal and to come back to him here. Even if he was sarcastic to her, and a little mean sometimes. There was just something about him that was drawing her in so strongly. Making her want to be around him more and more. Ivar just had this power, strength that made her want to be around him. It made her feel more bold, more empowered herself.

The conversations changes a lot and ends on the fact that he scared her to death making her think her father was near when he wasn't. He made her tell him why she had gotten so scared and she told him. ‘Then tell him.’ Ivar tells her first. ‘Isn’t this what he wants? Beside,’ he says next before adding ‘it’s not that I’m gonna tell a girl like you there is to know about Kattegat. You’re blind anyway.’ he says to her next. ylva just shakes her head at him and his words. Always reminding her that she is blind, like it was something she could ever forget herself. " I will only tell him things that I want to tell him, and I wouldn't tell him anything you said not to tell. That is not how friendship works...I am loyal..being blind has nothing to do with it." she tells Ivar gently but firmly. Then she tell him that her father has plans for her. ‘Then see it as an opportunity to rise to the occasion.’ is what Ivar says back to her and Ylva just nods. She would do that. She would use this to get stronger.

Ylva would make sure she would be able to handle and conquer anything that was thrown at her. However it was time for her to go, even if she didn't want to. She had taken so much of his time and she knew he would get sick of her at some point. She tires to make him promise to see her again and Ivar just says ‘I don’t make promises.’ to her in return. then Ylva messes up really bad. She goes to kiss him on the cheek goodbye , but ends up kissing his lips instead. They both frozen when it happened. Ylva had said she didn't mean to do it, but not that she was sorry. She hadn't been sorry at all. She had maybe even liked it,giving her first kiss to him the way she had done. At least that was something she got to do, and wasn't taken from her or decided for her. Even if she hadn't meant to do it. Ivar doesn't yell or do anything she thought that he might do afterwards. He just says ‘Go.’ to her before she hears him start to crawl away from her. Ylva worries that she just ruined things for them, but she does as she is told. She gets up, grabs the lead of the rope to her dog, and rushes past him as he crawls on the ground. Ylva rushes back to her tent and right to her bed, where she lays down and touches her own lips once more.She would remember this kiss for the rest of her life.

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PROFIEL
RPG SHEET

PostSubject: Re: alone in the dark-Ivar Ragnarsson alone in the dark-Ivar Ragnarsson Empty

Back to top Go down
alone in the dark-Ivar Ragnarsson
View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1