Sofie Stafnsdóttir
Frú

PROFIELMessages : 39
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :
Place of birth : Skagen

PostSubject: The gift-Hakon Odinsson Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:11 am

Sofie has heard from her deer sister Freyja  that she was to be getting a gift from the blacksmith Hankon. Her sister hadn’t really explained what the gift was, or at least if she had done so Sofie hadn’t been listening all that well. She tends to zone out a lot when she is with her sisters. Most of the time she is trying ignore the bickering or sassiness they gave each other. So Sofie made a mental note to make sure that after she was done training she would go visit Hankon. Maybe while she was there she would give him a hard time too. She thought he and her sister Freyja would be cute together. Him or Haskell would be a good match for her sister. Not that she wanted Freyja to get married and move out right away. She just wanted her to have a man to love and cherish her like she deserved. Freyja  worked hard for her whole family and Sofie wanted her to start getting things her way more. Plus they were closer to Freyja's age or she would totally hit on them herself. Sofie liked flirting with boys, but Hankon was a boy she knew would tell on her. Which would just get her in trouble. Even if he was pretty cute for an older guy. Haskell was pretty stinking cute too, why were there so many cute older guys. There needed to be more cute guys her age, or she was going to have to go to some other villages.  

Sofie had just finished training with her friends when she headed down the path to the blacksmith shop.Sofie hoped he would be in the forge at this time, but she would just find out when she got there. If he wasn't there, then well she would have to try and remember to come another day.Maybe she should have been paying more attention to her sister when she told her why she was suppose to come here. She didn’t even knock as she opened the door and walked in. “Hankon?” She said as she walked in the door.“ Freyja told me I was to come here because you had something for me?” She said as she spotted him near the forge. Smiling she walked the rest of the way toward him before stopping right in front of him and put a hand on her hip. “So what do I get? Hopefully something really cool!” She said with a laugh and reached her hand out toward him in a joking manner. Her family had known him for a few years now because of her older sister. So she was sure he was use to her silliness by now. A lot of people knew that Sofie could be childish and silly, but she could be serious when she needed to be. This however was not one of those moments where she needed to be on her best behavior.

@Hakon Odinsson
It's a little short sorry
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Hakon Odinsson
Blacksmith

PROFIELMessages : 29
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: The gift-Hakon Odinsson Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:36 am

Hakon has just pulled a container of bronze out of his forge and was pouring it into a mold when the door of his shop opened. He carefully set the mold down on his work table to let it fool. The bronze needed to set anyway, so his mysterious visitor had perfect timing. He glanced toward the door but found that the person who had entered his shop was standing right beside him. He gave Sofie his usual small smile, merely raising his eyebrows at her outstretched hand. ”I did have something for you, but I gave it to someone else instead.” Hakon’s face is entirely serious as he looks at her, then after a moment a small smile cracks his serious expression.

He pulls off the heavy leather gloves he uses to protect his hands and tosses them onto his work table. He quickly strides over to a rack near the counter that holds a collection of knives of all sizes and styles. The one he selects is small and easily concealed, the blade only about the size of his palm and razor-sharp. It’s cased in a simple leather sheath, with a few small protection runes carved into the polished antler handle. He inspects it for a moment before holding it out to Sofie. “I know you have a sword, but you cannot conceal a sword.” He doesn’t offer any explanation for his words or his choice of gift, and merely watches as she takes the knife. “How is your training going? Haskell being hard on you?” Hakon grins. He’s known Haskell since childhood, and is very fond of him. “He’s a great teacher.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Sofie Stafnsdóttir
Frú

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: The gift-Hakon Odinsson Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:32 am

Sofie was still smiling at Hankon when she saw him smile back and then raise an eyebrow at she before saying “ I did have something for you, but I gave it to someone else instead.” To her. Sofie felt her face fall at his words. He didn’t look like he was joking and she was staring to think her sister and Hankon had tried playing a trick on her when she saw him crack a smile. Huffing,Sofie watched as he pulled off one of his gloves and then the other before throwing them onto his work station and start walking around. She was glad he was doing so, for if he and her sister had tried to trick her and embraced her she would have had to get them back ten times as bad.For Sofie was the trickster, not the person who got tricked. Not yet anyways. She watched as he walked over to a row of knives. He seemed to look at them for a moment before picking one. Then Sofie watched as he looked it over for a moment before handing it over to her. Saying “I know you have a sword, but you cannot conceal a sword.” Taking the knife into her hand, Sofie looked it over. It was very well done, like all of Hankon's work was. She could see he had put runes onto it as well. It made Sofie wonder what had happened that he wanted to give her a knife with protection runes on it.“How is your training going? Haskell being hard on you?” Hankon asked next before adding “He’s a great teacher.” at the end.

Taking the cover off, she turned it around in her hand. Looking at every inch of it, before putting the cover back on and looking up at him."This is beautifully done Hankon, thank you." she said to him first before taking a deep breath. "Why are you giving out knives, what happened?" she asked him next. Sofie wasn't as ignorant as some of her other sisters There was a reason Hankon felt the need to make and then give out knives to her and her sisters for free. She knew he might not give her an answer, but it made her curious about it. Enough so that she would do some looking into things to find out the answer on her own if she needed to." Training is great, Haskell is hard on all the Frú's." she said looking at him and then crossing her arms. "He is a great teacher, this is true. He is one of my favorites. Seeing as he is the only one I don't want to play tricks on yet." she added with a small laugh.

Looking around his shop for a moment Sofie got an idea. She would get him back for his little joke he had made when she first got here. She would tease him, and at the same time see if she was right about a few things."So how are things with you? How is blacksmithing going? I hope you are getting a lot of work. It is some of the best I have seen.." she said to him. Playing it off as her being nice and talking back to him like a normal person. She mostly was at the moment anyways.."Have you been able to spend more time with my sister Freyja?I know you are good friends.. I'm sure she is just too beautiful to stay away from too huh?" she said next. A smirk falling onto her face as he looked at him. "You do think she's beautiful right? Or.....am I more to your taste?" she asked him. A small laugh falling out of her mouth at the last part of her words. She was just messing with him now, waiting to see what his reaction would be. She hoped he would get all red in the face and embarrassed. For that would be so great, and make Sofie's day.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

Hakon Odinsson
Blacksmith

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: The gift-Hakon Odinsson Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:56 pm

Hakon watches as Sofie takes the sheath off the small knife and inspects it. She seems pleased by it and thanks him, not because of her thanks but because he remembers what Freyja said when he gave her a knife. She’d been teasing him and promised he would get exactly the proper number of thanks from her sisters when he gave them their knives, and just the thought of her laughing voice is enough to bring a smile to his face. But all Sofie would think is that his smile is just because she thanked him. ”You’re welcome.” His voice is a little gruff, and he ignores the compliment of his work being beautifully done. He knows his work is good, but it’s nice and I hear it anyway. He just isn’t good at compliments. The small smile melts off his face when she asks why. He doesn’t want to tell her, he told Freyja. It’s her place to decide what to tell her sisters, but on the other hand he wants them to be safe, and they’ll be safer if they know. He settles for an answer that isn’t really an answer. ”A house full of women should have knives. Even a rabbit has teeth.” He gives her a crooked smile. ”May the gods have mercy on any man who tries his luck with you or your sisters.”

He smiles at the thought of Sofie playing a trick on Haskell. His friend is good natured and loves to laugh, so it might not be such a disaster. Not like, say pranking Hakon would be. ”He’s no harder on you than your enemies will be.” When Sofie asks about his blacksmithing and his work, Hakon automatically tenses. He doesn’t know Sofie as well as he knows Freyja, but he knows enough to distrust her easy chattering. Sofie is a notorious prankster, and he’s never had a conversation with her that didn’t turn into sass and bantering. And his suspicion is immediately confirmed when she not so innocently asks him if he’s been spending more time with Freyja. It’s no secret him and Freyja are friends. But it’s her next words that really throw him off—about how beautiful Freyja is. And he knows she’s beautiful, he’s thought so since the first moment she stepped into his shop years ago.

But more than that... More than that is who she is. Her kindness, her laughter, how hard she works, how fierce she is, the depth of her loyalty. The way she makes him laugh, how she makes him feel more free, more relaxed, and more at ease than he ever has. He can remember feeling it before, but only like the distant memory of the sun’s warmth in a winter night. He doesn’t know what the feeling is, doesn’t know how to call the things she brings out in him. Maybe he’ll never know. All he knows is that she makes him feel strong and weak all at once; lost at sea but safe in harbor at the same time. And the only other thing he knows is that he can’t tell any of this to Sofie. All this he realizes in just a few breaths, something that rips the world out from under him and yet rebuilds it stronger than ever. But he keeps his face neutral, merely raising his eyebrows at Sofie. He snorts. ”Children are not to my taste. I’m not spending time with her because she’s beautiful. I need to learn to carve better, for my handles. She’s much more skilled than I am with woodcarving.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Sofie Stafnsdóttir
Frú

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: The gift-Hakon Odinsson Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:27 pm

Sofie smiled at him when she heard him tell her ”You’re welcome.” for the knife. She really did like it, and he was right. It would be easier to hide then her sword any day of the week. Plus she didn't have a knife before, and now she had a very nice one. His work really was the best she had ever seen. Hankon spent a lot of time in his shop and it showed in his blades. However Sofie still wanted to know the real reason why he was giving it to her. ”A house full of women should have knives. Even a rabbit has teeth.” he said and Sofie raised an eyebrow at him, but bites her tongue to not sass him right away. He had just given her a gift, that would be rude. She needed to wait at least a minute before she sassed him.”May the gods have mercy on any man who tries his luck with you or your sisters.” he said next and Sofie laughed."They are in for a real surprise thats for sure. I pity the boys that try to date my sisters. I will prank them endlessly. So be ready for that Hankon dear." she says with another light laugh. Not out right saying anything, but insinuating.

When he started to talk about Haskell more she smiled when he said ”He’s no harder on you than your enemies will be.” that was true. The enemies weren't going to give her a break so why should the people who are training her do so. She wouldn't get strong enough to fight if they did give her a break."This is true, at least Haskell is good to look at while he is training us so hard. He gets all sweaty and stuff." she said with a smirk at him."You know, for a older man that is..He has a nice body. Don't you think? However I tend to like my men a lot younger." Sofie said next as she bit her lip and looked to the side to keep the giggle inside. While it was true that Haskell was good looking she was sure Hankon didn't want to hear those words coming out of her mouth. Thats why she said them to him too. To see how his face was going to react to her talking about his friend, a man twice her age in that fashion.

”Children are not to my taste. I’m not spending time with her because she’s beautiful. I need to learn to carve better, for my handles. She’s much more skilled than I am with woodcarving.” Hankon said to her teasing and Sofie took a gasp of air in her lungs. "Well its a good thing your too old for me, and like my sister then huh?" she said as she crossed her arms and huffed at him."And I am holding something with your woodcarving on it right now. You do a great job. You may fool my sister, but your not fooling me." she told him before winking at him and then laughing. "I can help you with her if you like? It comes with a price however old man." she told him last before looking around his shop some more.

@Hakon Odinsson
its short sorry
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Hakon Odinsson
Blacksmith

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: The gift-Hakon Odinsson Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:00 pm

Hakon only raises his eyebrows when Sofie warns him about pranking the men that try to date her sisters. He's no fool, he knows what she's implying, but he refuses to rise to the bait. She can't sass and tease him if he doesn't let her. Unfortunately for Hakon, he has no idea just how persistent Sofie can be in her tricking and teasing. He's about to find out, though. He can't resist, though, one quick little quip. "Ah, so you have a new sister then? Named....Eirika? Hakon finishes on a question, squinting as he tries to remember. "Mmhmm, that was her name. Redhead." He nods knowingly, smirking. There's no possible way she can turn that one around on him, right? Probably wrong. He didn't know hoc much time Sofie spent in the taverns, but she was around the Vikings and shield maidens, and his friend Haskell, very often. Hopefully she hadn't heard anything about his more private life, although he was starting to get a bit of a reputation. Hakon the blacksmith, never spends the night with the same girl twice.

He rolls his eyes to the ceiling when she talks about how handsome Haskell is, although he supposes he deserves it after the remark about the redhead. He raises his eyebrows and crosses his arms over his chest. His eyes--one blue and one hazel--are serious as he considers her. "If you have time to notice his body, you aren't being trained hard enough. I'll talk to Haskell, maybe he'll agree you need to be challenged more." He tilts his head to the side. "It will help with your discipline, too." Finally, a small smile cracks his neutral mask. He's mostly joking.

Again when she brings up Freyja, he raises his eyebrows and chooses not to rise to her challenge. "The handle on that is antler, not wood. And runes are easy to carve. But," he crosses over to the rack that holds his knives and holds one out for her to see. The middle of the blade os full of swirling patterns, inlaid with softer steel that glints in the light. "I can put patterns like that in steel,but not in wood. I need to learn. It will improve my craft, and I'm going to be the best blacksmith around." He doesn't add that he already is, at least in his opinion. The smiths of Uddevalla can rival him, maybe, but certainly not Skaggerak or Kattegat. He rolls his eyes again at her offer of helping him with her sister, then narrows them as he looks at her. "If I wanted to be with Freyja, I wouldn't need your help, but we are just friends and likely to remain that way. Also, I'm not old." He gives her a look of mild indignation, shaking his head as he watches her look around the shop.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Sofie Stafnsdóttir
Frú

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: The gift-Hakon Odinsson Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:16 pm

Sofie felt her face drop at his words. "Ah, so you have a new sister then? Named....Eirika? he said and she felt the dirty look come onto her face, and she didn't even try to stop it. She watched his facial expressions and the way he was acting like he was trying to remember, and Sofie lost a little bit of respect for him at his next words. Mmhmm, that was her name. Redhead." She knew that he was maybe doing it to get her back, but it still pissed her off just the slightest bit. Was Hankon some kind of man that slept with all kinds of woman? If so maybe she didn't know him as well as she thought she did. She tended to not pay attention when the other women talked about who they slept with in training. Because as much as Sofie did want to find a man of her own, she wasn't going to sleep with them until she knew they really cared for her. She had seen so many women get slept with and used, and she wasn't letting that happen to herself or one of her sisters. She was going to have to look into this more now. She would be disappointed if he was just like every other man, but she supposed that was normal. So Sofie just decided to sick up her nose at him and not make a comment at all in return.Maybe that was just what he wanted, but she didn't care.

When Hankon spoke next "If you have time to notice his body, you aren't being trained hard enough. I'll talk to Haskell, maybe he'll agree you need to be challenged more." he said to her and Sofie could see that he wasn't kidding she was starting to think all her joking were back firing on her a the moment. Great now Haskell was going to make training harder for her, and he wasn't going to look at her the same way ever again. It will help with your discipline, too." Hankon said next,and Sofie was just about to tell him off when she saw the smile crack on his face. "Ugh, I thought you were being serious for a moment there..and I don't need any more discipline when it comes to training, other areas..maybe..." she said as she ran a hand over her face."You win, I won't make jokes like that again. Just don't tell him." she said next to him. She wasn't feeling as into the mood of pranking anymore at the moment. She was really going to need to think of something quick that he couldn't come up with a good reply to.

Sofie watches as Hankon raises an eyebrow at her before saying "The handle on that is antler, not wood. And runes are easy to carve. But," he said first. Stopping to walk over to where he keeps his blades, he grabs one and holds it out for her to look at. Stepping closer she looks at the blade and can see the amazing job he has done on it. "I can put patterns like that in steel,but not in wood. I need to learn. It will improve my craft, and I'm going to be the best blacksmith around." Hankon says next and she guesses he was right. She wanted him to be the very best he could be, and her sister was amazing with carvings. So she was glad that Freyja was going to help him. Sofie hadn't even noticed the handle of the knife he had given her was an antler and not wood. She started to look around the shop as she thought of something to say. "If I wanted to be with Freyja, I wouldn't need your help, but we are just friends and likely to remain that way. Also, I'm not old." He spoke again and Sofie stopped looking around and turned back to him."Well fine, thats true. Freyja is the best, so I hope she helps you become the best too. You are already pretty close." She said to him.

"Maybe you think so, but I know her better then you." she said crossing her arms over her chest. She looked at him up and down for a moment. "Keep lying to yourself I don't care. I have eyes however, and know how to use them" she said next before letting out a huff of air at him.He could act like he had no idea what she was talking about all he wanted. But she was almost certain he wanted more then friendship with her sister. She hadn't minded the idea of them together, but if he slept around a ton maybe she had been wrong."No, your not old by normal standers. However you act like your old." she said with a shrug and stuck out her tongue at him. Sofie was trying to change her mood and the mood as a whole back to joking."Why do you act so old? Huh Hankon?" she asked next with a small laugh. She could turn this around yet.

Back to top Go down
View user profile

Sponsored content

PROFIEL
RPG SHEET

PostSubject: Re: The gift-Hakon Odinsson

Back to top Go down
The gift-Hakon Odinsson
View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1