Herra

PROFIELMessages : 93
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :
Place of birth : Skagerrak

› hollow Empty
PostSubject: › hollow › hollow EmptyFri Nov 17, 2017 8:45 pm

For the millionth time this afternoon, his training partner managed to hit him on an exposed part of his body. "Freyr!" He could hear his mentor shout, impatiently and annoyed. "Yes?" He asked, as polite as he possibly could. "If you can't focus, I don't want you on my training field", The older Viking said with a very stern tone in his voice. With a feeling of guilt, he nodded, not really having the energy to discuss the subject. He sheathed his sword and wrapped his shield around his shoulder. Quickly he shot an apologetic smile at his training partner and hurried off the field. He already felt bad, and now it was worse. He used his training to keep his mind occupied, so he wouldn’t think about his father too much.. But it hadn’t really helped and now he wasn’t even allowed to go on with his practise. It had been ten days since his father left with two of his warriors. To go on a hunt. They would only stay away for three days, but they still hadn’t returned. It was bothering his mother as well, and obviously that affected him.

Of course he was worried. Some people were still not quite happy with the way Rigas overthrew the previous earl. It was typical for him to think the worst, and he couldn’t get his mind of thinking someone had set up an ambush. His father was a fierce warrior, but if someone could surprise or outnumber him.. The boy quickly shook his head, in an attempt to get rid of the thoughts. He wandered through the village, where most people were preparing for winter. The crops were harvested, and now some stuff had to be processed, so it would be preservable throughout the winter. Freyr stopped for a minute and watched the bustle. When he was done with that, he was ready to go back to the great hall. Maybe he could ask his mother if he could go to the stables, as he didn’t want to disappear suddenly. That would only scare her more.

When he walked past some carts filled with hay, an older lady shuffled from between them and grabbed his arm. A bit disturbed he looked down, as she was a lot shorter than he was. "If you keep waiting, life will happen, and bad things will come to Skagerrak!" She said, looking at him with intense green eyes. Freyr frowned. ”What? What are you trying to say?” He asked, but the lady only cackled and scuffed off. ”Wait! What do you mean with your words!” He shouted, but when he ran around the carts, the lady had disappeared.

Confused and a bit scared, he hurried back to the great hall. He had some feeling in his gut that this was about his father. He had to talk to Gunnvor about this. When he entered the hall, it was more crowded than usual. The rumours about his father’s disappearance were spreading like wildfire. He found his mother in conversation with two shield maidens and a viking warrior. Luckily his mentor was nowhere to be seen, as he kind of expected him to come over and complain about his behaviour. He waited impatiently for Gunnvor to finish her conversation. ”Mother”, He then greeted her, with a little smile. ”Can we talk in private?” He then asked, kind of gesturing to the dining room with his head.

&Gunnvor

Back to top Go down

Gunnvor Skaeringsdóttir
Gunnvor Skaeringsdóttir
Countess

PROFIELMessages : 62
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :
Place of birth : Skagen

› hollow Empty
PostSubject: Re: › hollow › hollow EmptySat Nov 18, 2017 3:17 pm

There's a little bit of devil in the way she looks

Her finger tapped the throne she was sitting on, nothing in her face radiated the concern she felt on the inside while she listened to one of the villagers. She was hardly listening, yet she caught words of what he was telling, how his neighbor destroyed his crops. Her distinct green eyes slowly shifted from the farmer to the empty seat aside her. Rigas was away for days now, much longer than he was planning on doing. How much faith she had in her husband, her stomach made her aware of other thoughts. ‘We will talk to your neighbor, see in which way we can set this right.’ She stated, slowly looking back to the farmer. He looked to Rigas his empty seat and Gunnvor tensed under that look, her flatten face looking at the farmer. He swallowed when he caught her looking and started nodding. People started to notice Rigas not being around and it worried her for what that could mean. ‘Thank you, Countess.’ He bowed, running off as fast as his feet could carry him. Gunnvor breathed out, looking to the shield maiden see had sitting around. Finally she just stood up and left the great hall.

The bed was an empty place, a room she was reminded of everything Rigas was, his smell, his clothes, everything. She lingered in the doorway, looking to the emptiness of that small room. People would start to talk, if it wasn’t now it would be tomorrow. Gunnvor didn’t showed anything but doubt was tearing her apart from the inside as days kept passing without him returning from his trip. He went with two of his men and nobody returned, not a horse, not a man, nobody. At in a way that threw a major shadow over Skagerrak, everybody asking the same, where was Rigas.

When she returned to the great hall everything was still the same, that tensing, that doubt. She called two of her shield maidens towards her when she saw Freyr walking in. She looked to him for a moment, before returning to her conversation. ‘Scout, one day, tops two, if you don’t find anything you come back.’ She instructed them. They both bow and left the great hall. Gunnvor looked at them leaving, looking aside to her son when he asked for her attention. She tried to relax a little, pulling up a loving smile while she stepped away from her place towards him. She laid her hand softly under his chin, greeting him with this tender gesture before walking him towards the dining room. ‘Out.’ She commanded the thralls who were setting a table, three plates, three seats. She turned around, looking at them leaving before she dropped her guard and looked towards Freyr. If she was this concerned, how would it be for him? ‘How are you doing?’ She asked carefully. He was the only thing that was still left to keep her saint, he was her son, her life, they needed each other more than anything else right now.

Back to top Go down

Freyr Rigasson
Freyr Rigasson
Herra

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

› hollow Empty
PostSubject: Re: › hollow › hollow EmptySat Nov 18, 2017 10:54 pm

While he was waiting for his mother to finish her business, he tried to recall the worrying encounter with the old lady again. It didn’t matter how hard he tried, he couldn’t remember her face. It was as if he had never seen her before, and wouldn’t be able to pick her out of a line if he had to. Which was weird, as his memory was quite powerful. It was something he was rather proud of. He loved to observe people, or events, and made it some kind of game to remember as much as possible. He was always impressed by his own brain, and liked to push it to its limit. But now, his memory was failing him. In such an important matter. Could it be that this woman put a spell on him? No, that was insane. Only the Gods could use magic, that was common knowledge. Maybe he was just too distracted by her words. The message was cryptic, and if it hadn’t been such a weird timing, he would’ve probably shaken it off right away. But now, the words echoed through his mind. Bad things will come to Skagerrak.

Of course they were waiting for Rigas to return though. He didn’t even want to think about the fact that he might not come back. He belonged in Skagerrak, on his throne. For now Gunnvor was taking care of business, but they both needed him. When she was done, she greeted him with a soft touch of her hand, and his smile broadened a bit. He followed her to the dining hall, where some thralls were already setting up the table for dinner. ‘Out.’ She commanded them, authoritarian as always. When she was in public, she maintained this perfectly crafted mask. When they were alone, she immediately softened her demeanour. She turned to him, her gaze concerned. ‘How are you doing?’ She asked. Freyr took a sharp breath. ”I don’t know, to be honest”, He admitted softly. He walked over to his chair and sat down, his arms crossed on the table in front of him.

”I got kicked out of training today”, He then said, looking up with his eyes full of shame and regret. It hadn’t been his smartest move. He might have insulted his mentor. ”I couldn’t focus, and suddenly everything I did was going wrong”, He continued. He decided not to mention the old lady right away. He inspected his mother’s face for a second. Now she was more relaxed, he could see she was tired. In front of the villagers, she managed to keep up her walls. She didn’t show any sign of weakness, like he had done today. Pretended like everything was fine and she wasn’t bothered. But he knew better. ”Did you get any sleep last night?” He asked, also a bit worried about her. He loved her dearly, and he didn’t want her to feel broken or alone. If there was anything he could do, he hoped she would tell him, because he would go to the end of the world if she needed him to.

Back to top Go down

Gunnvor Skaeringsdóttir
Gunnvor Skaeringsdóttir
Countess

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

› hollow Empty
PostSubject: Re: › hollow › hollow EmptyMon Nov 20, 2017 2:25 pm

She was trying on leaving everything as naturel as possible. But just as she felt lost some of the men and women did to. The thralls started doubting how many plates they needed to place, the warriors started to ask themselves if they needed to work further with the tasks Rigas gave them. They weren’t to blame, it was a feeling everybody close to Rigas needed to go through. But it was especially a feeling she and Freyr needed to go through. She tried on keeping an eye on Freyr without him noticing it. She didn’t wanted to unbalance him even further by being too much around. But as a mother she couldn’t help herself on protecting her only son. What if Rigas was captured? What if they would come for her or Freyr. So many scenarios and Gunnvor treated each one of them with her ice cold judgement. She wanted to be ready, for whatever would come but more than anything she wanted to see her husband walk into that door any moment. But every time she looked up he wasn’t there.

Freyr kept waiting for her to give orders before she turned towards him. Just as she was good at keeping her emotions in public, he was to. But not for each other. She could read his pain as much as he could read hers. She scared the thralls away that were in the dining room before she turned back to him with the one question she always hoped to get a positive answer on … but it wasn’t. She saw his doubt and she signed, looking down to the table ready for three. She didn’t know either.

Her eyes followed him to the table, how he sat down and leaned over the table, admitting he got kicked out of training. Gunnvor walked around the table, sitting on the edge just aside where he sat. But he looked so ashamed, regretting that he did. ‘A good warrior fights without mercy but gives in on the right times. You’re not a bad fighter because you care, because you are worried Freyr, if so I would be a bad shield maiden to.’ She answered on the look he just threw. She laid her hand on his elbow, looking him in the eyes, letting him study the look in hers. With his questions she looked away, forcing a smile on her lips. ‘Not really.’ She admitted, not in any way wanting to lie to him, certainly not now. ‘It’s empty, cold. I’m sitting way more on that damn throne overthinking options then sleeping.’ She muttered for her own, squeezing his arm again before pulling back. ‘The gods will give us something, if it isn’t today it will be some other day.’ She followed, believing in the gods. Maybe she needed to make a sacrifices for Rigas, praying on his safe return.

Back to top Go down

Freyr Rigasson
Freyr Rigasson
Herra

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

› hollow Empty
PostSubject: Re: › hollow › hollow EmptyTue Nov 21, 2017 12:14 am

Until his training earlier, he had been quite able to keep it together. Keeping up his daily schedule, as his father would expect from him if he was around. Of course he did it for his mother as well, and for himself. If they acted normal, it might feel like he was still around. There was still the chance that he would come home any time soon now. With a story of how they got trapped by a bear in a cave, or something like that. The thinking track where he got hurt or killed, was to be avoided. He didn’t want to make himself down by thinking about it. It would probably leave him not capable of leaving his bed in the morning. And that would be bad. His mother counted on him, to continue his training and to help her out whenever he could. That’s why he felt so bad about being kicked out of training. It was hard to admit, but he didn’t want to lie to her either. Her judgement was also important to him.

So when she gave her opinion on the matter, he felt relieved. ”Of course you are not a bad shield maiden. You’re the fiercest warrior in Scandinavia”, He said, and although he chuckled, he really meant it. He knew how over protective she could be over him and Rigas. He hadn’t been on a battlefield himself, he could imagine how she was a raging storm if someone came too close to her husband. He would bet she didn’t leave his side for a second, protecting him, even though that was probably not even necessary. Being separated from him had to be very hard for her. So naturally, he was worried about her as well, even though she was his mother. ‘Not really.’ She replied to his question. ‘It’s empty, cold. I’m sitting way more on that damn throne overthinking options then sleeping.’ She softly said. With a little squeeze in his arm she pulled her hand back.

‘The gods will give us something, if it isn’t today it will be some other day.’ She continued. This was the perfect opportunity to tell her about the old woman. ”Well, actually, I think they might have done that today?” He started, contemplating about how he had to share the information. ”When I was walking back, I made a stop at the market. There was some old lady I have never seen before who grabbed me by my wrist and told me something very vague. And she didn’t want to explain and when I ran after her, she was suddenly gone”, He continued. It was still an experience he couldn’t quite wrap his mind around. Who even was this woman and where had she gone? Nobody could literally go up in thin air.

Back to top Go down

Gunnvor Skaeringsdóttir
Gunnvor Skaeringsdóttir
Countess

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

› hollow Empty
PostSubject: Re: › hollow › hollow EmptySun Dec 24, 2017 11:28 am

They only had each other, for that Gunnvor hold on to Freyr and what they got together. She always trusted her son, in his judgement, his feelings and words. Freyr may be young, she may have been very protective about him but it all turned out for the better. He would be a good earl one day and that was what she was afraid of … that now Rigas was away people would start challenge her, or worse, her son. She looked at him for a second, trying to figure out the measures she should take for his protection. She didn’t want to pull him back because of Rigas his disappearance but she was afraid that it would affect him, like it didn’t had already put enough burden on his shoulders. That was were she was afraid of, the safety and sanity of her own son, who meant everything to her.

When he said she was the best shield maiden around she smiled slightly, seeing what he was trying to do here. But she didn’t went in on it, she gave him just a loving smile and took a short breath after squeezing his arm. Living in this kind of doubt was worse then knowing Rigas was dead, at least they could do something. Now Gunnvor didn’t knew what to do … leave Skagerrak to go look for her husband herself or stay to protect Freyr. Should she leave things like they were, in his image or should she start changing things. She only hoped the gods would give her clearance and guidance.

When Freyr started talking about the gods her green eyes immediately went to his face, her own expressions serious for she never doubted a sign from the gods. Gunnvor put a big effort in sacrifices, looking for the right path … given the gods came to them now was only a hint of her devotion to it. ‘A woman.’ She repeated. ‘What did she say?’ She asked carefully. Did she wanted to here the words of an old lady, did she wanted to embrace the truth given by the gods? Her eyes slowly sunk down from him and went through the room, slowly breathing in while shaking her head. ‘Did you saw her face?’ She asked not much after. If this woman was a sign from the gods they wouldn’t probably see her ever back. And why did she approached Freyr instead of Gunnvor. Was there a burden to put upon the pile Freyr already had or was it just the honest way of communication, through innocence.

Back to top Go down

Freyr Rigasson
Freyr Rigasson
Herra

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

› hollow Empty
PostSubject: Re: › hollow › hollow EmptyThu Dec 28, 2017 3:23 pm

It was hard to see his mother like this, but he couldn’t deny the fact that they both were suffering. Not knowing what happened was worse than having to deal with the knowledge that he was gone forever. Because now they both had hope, and it consumed them all day and night long. The uncertainty was becoming unbearable, but they could not lose focus. Not now. If people knew they were doubting themselves, then some might mistake it for weakness. It was not the time to worry about a possible mutiny. They had to find Rigas, and they had to do it fast. Not only for the sake of the village, but also for their sanity. If he didn’t come back soon, then they would have to accept he might not return. He knew he would have a hard time dealing with that. Sure, his mother would support him emotionally and she would always be there for him, but it would not be the same. He needed Rigas as much as he needed Gunnvor.

The message of the old lady had made him even more worried though. Bad things were about to happen and he honestly didn’t want to find out what those bad things were exactly. Maybe his mother would understand her words more, so he carefully brought up the subject. ‘A woman.’ She echoed his words. ‘What did she say?’ She then asked. Freyr took a deep breath and tried to repeat the words as accurate as possible. ”"If we keep waiting, then life will happen, and bad things will happen to Skagerrak”, He said. ”Maybe not in those exact words but it’s what I remember”, He then said with a little apologetic smile. It was quiet for a moment. ‘Did you see her face?’ Gunnvor then asked. ”I did, but I don’t think I have ever seen her before and I doubt I would recognise her if she was standing right in front of me. It all went by so fast and when I ran after her, she had disappeared”, He admitted. He had tried to get an explanation out of her, but he had failed, and he hoped it wouldn’t make everything worse.

Back to top Go down

Gunnvor Skaeringsdóttir
Gunnvor Skaeringsdóttir
Countess

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

› hollow Empty
PostSubject: Re: › hollow › hollow EmptySat Dec 30, 2017 11:58 am

As soon as Freyr talked about a woman warning him her eyes became thoughtful. Did she really wanted to hear this, did she really wanted to face the reality. Some night she stood outside, looking up to the sky while she asked the gods for a sigh, or that she just prayed that Rigas would come home, that Freyr would be safe, that Skagerrak wouldn’t change. But the gods never gave her a sign, they did nothing else then watching down over the objects they called humanity. It didn’t frustrate her, the silence of a night in which she was waiting but she silently hoped for something. And that seemed to be today, not to her but to her son she held so dearly. Would the gods disguise themselves into an old lady, or was it just a woman bring her dreams to a young boy in Skagerrak?

As soon as Freyr spoke the words Gunnvor pushed herself away from the edge of the table, looking before her as she tried to understand those words. Bad things would happen if they kept waiting, waiting for what? For Rigas? She walked away from her son turning her back to her as she listened to what he said more. Her fingers tapped on a chair as she shook her head. ‘If that were the gods speaking we won’t see her again.’ She whispered, turning around to look back to her son. ‘If the gods are right in sending this,’ she shook her head, lowering her eyes to the table. ‘then we can’t wait.’ She followed. ‘If they are right then maybe bad things are already on the way.’ She finished, taking a deep breath, shaking her head all over again. There was so much possibility in those words, so much room for interpretation and all Gunnvor could think of what that Rigas his disappearance is making Skagerrak vulnerable. ‘Your father build this village, with more then only respect and strength, its up to us to keep it that way.’ She said to her son, swallowing her own doubt. ‘What do you think?’ She asked after a little silence. Her opinion was hardly that important, he would be the future of Skagerrak, it was to him she would listen the most.

Back to top Go down

Freyr Rigasson
Freyr Rigasson
Herra

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

› hollow Empty
PostSubject: Re: › hollow › hollow EmptyWed Jan 03, 2018 1:01 am

As most people living in Scandinavia, Freyr was a firm believer in the Gods. Just like his mother, he had been waiting for a sign, praying for his father’s return and holding on to his faith to get him through these rough times. And now the Gods had sent them a message, but he wasn’t sure if he liked it or not. The words had confused him and honestly frightened him as well. He was not sure what to think of them, and hoped that at least his mother would understand them better. He was realistic enough to know she was no seer, but she had more experience in these matters than he had. Unfortunately, she was also a bit in shock by the words he repeated. They were kind of dark, and he was worrying about both his father and the future of Skagerrak. The effort both his parents had made to make this village flourish, were too valuable to just throw overboard now. They had to do something, and they had to do it quickly.

‘Your father build this village, with more then only respect and strength, its up to us to keep it that way.’ Gunnvor said, as if she could read his mind. At least they agreed on that topic. But now they would have to find a solution for it, without risking a mutiny. ‘What do you think?’ She then asked for his opinion. Freyr went quiet for a moment. It wasn’t as if he hadn’t been overthinking this whole matter late at night, when he couldn’t sleep. He had thought about a lot of options, but none of them seemed to fit. He’d much rather postpone taking a decision, but the words of the old lady had made an impression on the young boy. But it hadn’t make things more clear. ”I don’t think I have the right answers”, He started, sitting up straight in his chair again.

”The people respect Rigas, but now he is gone we are in a vulnerable position. So we need to stay strong, because I’m scared either someone from inside will try to take over or another village will hear about his disappearance and try to invade”, He replied, sharing his worries with her. He had no doubt that she must have had the same fears. ”But they also respect you. I think our best option is if you take over and rule in his name, because I still have to prove myself in battle. I don’t think I would have much support if I took over the throne now”, He looked up at her and smiled for a second. ”And I don’t think I’m ready for that either”, He confessed. He had been trained to follow up his father, but he didn’t feel like he was strong or smart or wise enough to even consider leading a small group of vikings, let alone a whole village.

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PROFIEL
RPG SHEET

› hollow Empty
PostSubject: Re: › hollow › hollow Empty

Back to top Go down
› hollow
View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Ragnarok :: Scandinavia :: Skagerrak :: Inside the village :: Manor :: Dining room-
Jump to: