Thora Haraldsdóttir
Shield maiden

PROFIELMessages : 150
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :
Place of birth : Uddevalla

× The calm before the storm [Eldora] Empty
PostSubject: × The calm before the storm [Eldora] × The calm before the storm [Eldora] EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 3:04 pm

Thora is full of too much energy to hold still, but she refuses to follow Ivar anywhere or admit that he has good ideas. He's the one that suggested that they explore the village, and while she grudgingly admits inside her own head that it's a good idea, she would never give her implied approval of his idea by being part of the scouting party. That's how Thora ends up staying at the beach, helping the others who stayed behind to set up the camp. She's quick to jump into the ship, gather armloads of gear, and leap back into the chill ocean, happily splashing during the few steps from the ship to the beach's edge. After everything they need is unloaded and organized in haphazard stacks, Thora pauses to quickly catch her breath and take a look around. She sees a young woman that she only knows from the voyage over, whom she thinks is the healer.

She watches as the woman methodically begins to set up her station, and after gulping some water, Thora strides over to offer her assistance. She knows she could never be a healer, but of course she respects them. A healer saved her from an infected wound once, and so she always does what she can to help healers, whether setting up their supplies, searching for herbs for them, or defending them from foes as they attend to a wounded friend. She grins over at the woman, all restless energy and wild green eyes, as she speaks. "I'm Thora. Do you need help with anything?"
Back to top Go down

Eldora Eiríksdóttir
Eldora Eiríksdóttir
Læknir

PROFIELMessages : 40
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :
Place of birth : Kattegat

PostSubject: Re: × The calm before the storm [Eldora] × The calm before the storm [Eldora] EmptyMon Jan 15, 2018 11:21 pm

Everything seemed to be set up and sorted, however its the inside of Eldora tent, her tent was one of the biggest tents next to the Princes of Kattegat, she had own quarters and the rest of the tent would be used to help heal and nurse back there injured warrior. "I'm Thora. Do you need help with anything?" Eldora looked up from what she was doing and smile at the blonde and gently nodded her head. "Thank you. I'm Eldora. Would it be possible if you could help set up the table of herbs and the surgery table in case, I have to fix a broken leg or something. This is exciting times for us are you excited for this opportunity to prove yourself to the Gods." Eldora grinned, nothing would please her more, but everyone had the same mindset, to prove themselves to there fellow comrades in arms and to the God's for glory and fame, which is something King Ragnar has set alight in everyone from Kattegat, they wanted to become someone the poets sing about.

Eldora moved over to where a heavy trunk was, she grasped the handles at the side and smile when Thora did the same, the women slowly moved the trunk inside of the tent, carefully and slowly, lowering into the corner that Eldora wanted, they slowly bend down placing the trunk on the floor with a light thump."Have you had the chance, to set up your own tent or are you helping us simply folk with our station first before attending to your own?" Eldora asked her curiously, some of the warriors stayed behide to help set up the campsite, it did help that Ubbe stayed behide ordering where certain station should go where, like the servants, farmers who would provide food for the camp, blacksmith dress makers would even come on raids to fix torn clothes and make sure there armour isn't damaged or anything like that.

Eldora started to organise her sleeping quarters, she did have those two women to assist her but after meeting them on the boat, Eldora hadn't seen them since, which is odd instead.
Back to top Go down

Thora Haraldsdóttir
Thora Haraldsdóttir
Shield maiden

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: × The calm before the storm [Eldora] × The calm before the storm [Eldora] EmptyTue Jan 16, 2018 4:42 pm

Thora grins over at the woman, noting her name should she need to find her during the course of the raid. Eldora. It's a nice name, calm and full of beauty, suiting for a healer. She notes how large the girl's tent is and the large amount of supplies she brought, and she muses that at least the healer is well-prepared, even if she isn't terribly optimistic. She supposes its hard to be optimistic when you make your living tending the sick and wounded, cleaning up the messes made by blades and armies, but Thora can't feel too bad about that. She loves fighting, loves her warrior's life. She was raised for it, raised to trust in her own abilities and the strength of her steel, raised to trust and love the ones beside her, to sacrifice herself for them so they can return home. And if they're not fated to return to their home, she was raised to honor them, to drink sweet mead in their honor and celebrate that they lived with the gods now, basking in triumph and glory. What is Valhalla but the hall of the victorious?

She follows Eldora over to the large trunk, grasping the handles on the side and lifting it easily. She lowers it into the place the healer chooses, hearing it thump lightly in the dirt, and she's quick to step back and search for the next thing that needs to be moved. Healers always seem to have many things, and heavy things at that. She grins over at the other girl, shrugging. "I've proven myself to them before, but I am always grateful for the chance to do so again. And to be part of Kattegat's first raid in so long! What of you?" Thora isn't from Kattegat, but in the time since she's moved here, she's come to love the large, bustling town and the cheerful folk that live there. She's built friendships and forged a bond of love with Ubbe, and even just the thought him is enough to make her heart soar in her chest. She's excited to watch him fight, to see him prove just how smart and strong he is, just how great of a warrior. She's never doubted him for an instant, although he's young and unproven. She knows he will not fail, and since raids never go completely smooth, no one will blame him if it doesn't go badly. It is only his first one, and there's a lot of planning and strategy that goes into a raid. Thora wishes there were more experienced warriors among them, but she's excited to be among the young, enthusiastic crew anyway.

She throws back her head in a laugh when Eldora asks if she's set up her own sleeping place yet, and she shakes her head slowly. "I'll sleep in the ship, to guard it. Someone always should." It's a lesson that was drilled into her from Uddevalla. Ships are vital. Ships are life. They are precious and must be guarded and cherished. Thora loves ships, nearly worships them, because ships are the way to new lands and the way home. Besides, she's comfortable on ships, where the waves gently rock her and the soft creaking of the wood and ropes is like a lullaby.
Back to top Go down

Eldora Eiríksdóttir
Eldora Eiríksdóttir
Læknir

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: × The calm before the storm [Eldora] × The calm before the storm [Eldora] EmptyFri Jan 19, 2018 1:02 am

"I've proven myself to them before, but I am always grateful for the chance to do so again. And to be part of Kattegat first raid in so long! What of you?" Thora asked her, for a moment Eldora thought she wouldn't of been in this position she was in to be exact, this was her first raid and as such Eldora did feel the pressure of being the only healer on this raid. But it was a blessing, the Gods trusted in the abilities they have gifted her with, they had faith in her hands to cure, heal and fix the broken, wounds and even crippled bodies of warriors on this raid.

"This is my first raid, though nervous I am always excited and honoured that I can have a chance to prove to my fellow vikings, Shield-maiden and folk. That I too am willing to put myself in danger for there benefit after all..." Eldora suddenly grinned at Thora. "If anything happens to me on this raid, you guys are truly in trouble but I doubt that shall happen." She joked with a playful lingering on her lips, she turned attending back to the things, she was doing before.

Thora seemed like a very nice warm person, she certainly was glowing with excitement. Eldora turned her head back to Thora, hearing her laughter echo throughout her tent."I'll sleep in the ship, to guard it. Someone always should. That was interesting to hear her say such things, very wise of Thora to do that,the ships were everything to Vikings without a ship, everyman shall greet Vallahal with open arms."That is very wise,but take care when your in battle, do not let your own confidence over shadow your opponent capability, for I have seen that happen much in Kattegat, when a simply innocent spar turns person and someone gets hurts badly."Eldora felt the need to just give Thora a gently advice, she seemed like a lovely person and she wouldn't want anything to happen to her or anyone else for that matter especially Ivar, she blushed quickly turning her face away from Thora before she could see.

[justify]"Make sure you are well wrapped up, there nothing worse than going to battle with a cold. So tell me.." Eldora said casually changing the topic of the conversation, whilst untying the robe around the fur that would be on her floor."Was your first raid along side King Ragnar? My mother told me, my father and brother were the first lot of men to go with King Ragnar to England..." Her voice trailed off, almost a hint of sadness could be heard."I didn't know them." She informed her, moving to turn the fold to access the area where, she will sleep."But I am certain my father and brother would be proud of me and what I have become.You must cherish the ones you love and protect them with all your strength, because we don't know when the God's wish for them to join them." Eldora smiled at Thora help her out, it was nice she had someone to help her out. because unloading and sorting out everything would take her all evening.
Back to top Go down

Thora Haraldsdóttir
Thora Haraldsdóttir
Shield maiden

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: × The calm before the storm [Eldora] × The calm before the storm [Eldora] EmptyMon Jan 22, 2018 7:09 pm

Thora is cheerful most of the time, a generally happy-go-lucky person, although she's had her fair share of ups and downs since coming to Kattegat. But then, who doesn't have their fair share of ups and downs? She supposes it's all part of being human, and simply hopes that her actions amuse the gods enough that they grant her entry to Valhalla someday. She moves to help Eldora arrange stacks of dried herbs and rags, and although she has no idea what the specific herbs are used for. She does enjoy the sweet smell of them, and pauses to take inhale deeply. She's almost a bit nervous to touch the plants, since she knows nothing of the magic they can perform. All she knows how to do is tie a tight bandage, and carry a wounded comrade to a healer. She tilts her head as she listens to Eldora speaking, and she shakes her head, the beads braided into her blond hair clinking, and gives the other woman a warm, friendly smile. "Do not be nervous, the gods reward bravery." She tilts her head with a shrug, though, as she continues. "Although perhaps it is different for a laeknir? My hands do not hold healing power, so I don't know."

Thora knows Eldora means well, but she can't help rolling her eyes when she tries to give her advice. She's strong and skilled and she knows it, she's proven it before in Uddevalla. Coming to Kattegat, though, fighting for another village, is an opportunity to prove herself all over again, and she relishes the challenge. Of course Thora is arrogant, most warriors are. Her response is out of her mouth before she can stop it. "Without confidence, a warrior is dead with the first clash of the blades. It doesn't matter if you're facing the least skilled warrior on the battlefield, if you do not think you can beat him, you won't." She moves on from the herbs, because she doesn't want to ruin them, and begins arranging rags along the healer's table. She's too restless to hold still, and part of her wishes she'd joined the scouting party. The problem with that is that Ivar is leading it, and she isn't exactly on friendly terms with the youngest son of Ragnar. Or with the eldest, for that matter, but Bjorn is far away and so isn't a concern for her right now.

She can tell that Eldora meant well by giving advice, though, as much as Thora feels she doesn't need it, and she hopes that she didn't upset the other woman too much by basically saying she didn't need it. Thora isn't always the easiest to get along with, but she's always honest, at least. She shakes her head as Eldora asks her if she's raided alongside King Ragnar. Thora was only a child when he was raiding, although her father loved to tell the tales of him, and would always say that he was a man he wished he could fight for. "No, my brothers and I were just children when Ragnar began raiding. I am from Uddevalla, and my first raid was there." She gives the girl a crooked smile, not liking the hint of sadness that creeps into her voice at the mention of the father and brother she never knew. Kattegat is a strange place to her, it sometimes seems, where they mourn the death of those who join the gods in eternal victory. She was raised to view death in a very different light. "My father always said King Ragnar was a man he would love to follow, but he was wounded in a battle before I was born, and lost the use of his arm. You must be very proud of them. Surely the gods have blessed you, to make you the daughter and sister of men who were part of such a legendary journey." She smiled over at the girl, warm and friendly, attempting to comfort her. Thora can't stand serious conversations for very long.
Back to top Go down

Eldora Eiríksdóttir
Eldora Eiríksdóttir
Læknir

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: × The calm before the storm [Eldora] × The calm before the storm [Eldora] EmptySun Feb 04, 2018 9:00 pm

Eldora smiled at Thora, she was very kind and it would seem that she was trying to make an effort to assure her that all shall be well. "Do not be nervous, the gods reward bravery. Although perhaps it is different for a laeknir? My hands do not hold healing power, so I don't know." She told Eldora who nodded her head. "Indeed, tis different but we have the ability to make sure that our men and women live to fight another day or give them the honour of joining Odin in his halls in Valhalla." Eldora said whilst getting a rope, all the dry herbs that she had collected over the last several months, will be hung up on some robe, it would be easier for her to see everything with a quick glance. All the ointments, oils and various other herbs and tree barks, spices shall we scatter around the two to three tables that will be set up.

"Without confidence, a warrior is dead with the first clash of the blades. It doesn't matter if you're facing the least skilled warrior on the battlefield, if you do not think you can beat him, you won't." Eldora glanced over to Thora at her words, after she had giving her some advice, granted. everyone needs confidence but there is a thin sliver lining when it came to being too over confident. "That maybe true but you must never underestimate your opponent, after all you do not know what skills he or she posses." She pointed out, whilst wrapping a bunch of lavender with a robe to be hung up. There conversation swiftly turned to her first raid and whether or not she was there with King Ragnar.

Eldora was interested to hear that she did not come from Kattegat but Uddevalla, afterall she had heard that it was rather difficult to live there, even more difficult to try and locate and find. The chances of anyone trying to leave that place were always slim, due to its location and wilderness."How did you manage to leave your home to come to Kattegat, of course it is different for those who there but I heard it is quite a challenge alone to leave that place." She told her, wondering if not those words were true or not. "My father always said King Ragnar was a man he would love to follow, but he was wounded in a battle before I was born, and lost the use of his arm. You must be very proud of them. Surely the gods have blessed you, to make you the daughter and sister of men who were part of such a legendary journey." Eldora gave Thora a thankful smile and thanked her, knowing of course the topic of conversation was awkward one to go deeper into.

"You are right. But unfortunately the gods have not blessed with someone else heart. I know it is foolish to dream of being someone partner or girl-friend but what women wouldn't like a Viking as a husband. Do you have someone you love here?.. Sorry to ask I am curious afterall us women look at our men just as much as they look at us." She teased with a playful grin against her pink lips.
Back to top Go down

Thora Haraldsdóttir
Thora Haraldsdóttir
Shield maiden

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: × The calm before the storm [Eldora] × The calm before the storm [Eldora] EmptySat Feb 10, 2018 10:11 pm

She nods, thoughtful, as Eldora states that yes, it is different for healers. Thora wouldn't know. Her strengths are the opposite of healing. In fact, people like Thora are the reason people need healers. She loves to best her enemies, to feel the sword-blow shiver up her arm, to hear the ringing of weapons against shields. She was born for the shield wall, but she's thankful for those that were born to heal. Without them, she may not be alive to fight in this raid. Thora is confident in herself because she has suffered defeat, has screamed as a sword hacks her flesh, and has burned from fever after the wound festered. She still bears the scar, long and jagged, a rough and angry red, stretching from her wrist to her elbow on her sword-arm. "Warriors are always grateful for healers." She grins over at the other girl, watching as she ties her herbs onto a rope. She grabs another rope and ties a bunch of herbs, hanging it from the ceiling just the way Eldora has done.

"Having confidence is not the same as underestimating your opponent. Just because I believe I will win doesn't mean I think my opponents are weak." She knows Eldora's perspective on raids is probably drastically different from her own, and she knows Eldora thinks she's helping by offering advice. But Thora, arrogant as she is, doesn't think she needs it. She knows it probably comes from some protective impulse in the other girl, that if she gives her advice now, she may not need to see her wounded later. The problem is that Thora has a lot of trouble taking her advice seriously, since she assumes the other girl has never touched a weapon, let alone faced a howling enemy shield wall. Thora has, and she's lived to tell of it. She learns from every raid, from every enemy she faces. Words are less useful to her than her own experience.

She grins over at Eldora when she asks how she managed to leave Uddevalla. She knows what people say about the place she grew up. She has trouble thinking of it as her home now, Kattegat has become that for her. She shrugs in response to the question before she answers. "It is very remote, but I have traveled before on raids, so I knew the way to leave. Finding Kattegat was a challenge, because I have never been here before. I found a wanderer, and he was able to point me in the right direction. It is true that the king does not like people to leave, but I just left anyway." She shrugs again.

She giggles at the other girl's statement about having a Viking as a husband. "It is not foolish to dream of loving someone." She ducks her head to hide her blush, momentarily embarrassed. She does have someone that she loves her. He was her first friend when she came to Kattegat, and over the course of time, they've become more than friends. She supposes it's alright to tell Eldora, although she's told few people of it so far. "Ubbe." She murmurs with a small smile, biting her lip shyly. We've been together for only a little while."
Back to top Go down

Eldora Eiríksdóttir
Eldora Eiríksdóttir
Læknir

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: × The calm before the storm [Eldora] × The calm before the storm [Eldora] EmptyMon Apr 16, 2018 9:05 pm

Eldora gave Thora a soft smile, she was grateful for her words regarding her work and looking after the wounded and the weak, war and going into battle came with fame and glory, that their culture and people thrive on, is that not why everyone on this raid, put themselves forward. Because they wanted to prove whemseleved to the God's that they are worthy of glory and a place in Valhalla.

"It is very remote, but I have traveled before on raids, so I knew the way to leave. Finding Kattegat was a challenge, because I have never been here before. I found a wanderer, and he was able to point me in the right direction. It is true that the king does not like people to leave, but I just left anyway." Eldora glanced over her shoulder to Thora for a moment, and wondered if it was true what was whispered about there King, she he a mad man? consumed by grief, Eldora wasn't one to listen nor follow idle gossip, however when Thora mentioned there her former king disliked his people leaving. "Why does your king not like his people to leave?.. would that not anger your king to know that, you have not seeked his consent to leave" Eldora said quietly as if she thought her words might anger the gods, but she had to admit that was a very couragous thing to do.

"Thora?... You do not have answer, my question but I wonder, is it true about your king,
being mad?.... Tis whispered for many many miles, the mad king who lives in the mountains stricken by grief and anger..."
Eldora continued hanging up the different herbs from the robe and sighed deeply, taking it the didn't scents that were slowly taking over her tent. Eldora glanced over to Thora and smiled at her words, she knew it was not foolish to dream about loving someone, but it was hardly something Eldora can do considering her position and patients and people she had to attend to her love was her job. "Ubbe? Eldora murmured as if she was trying to put his name to his face and smiled. Oh yes! she knew him.

"Well I am happy for the both of you and I wish that the gods, bless the both of you....
I-i like someone, but I do not think he likes me, h-hes.... interesting and not like any man I have met.
something about his spirit interest me..."
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PROFIEL
RPG SHEET

PostSubject: Re: × The calm before the storm [Eldora] × The calm before the storm [Eldora] Empty

Back to top Go down
× The calm before the storm [Eldora]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1