Ubbe Ragnarsson
Thegn

PROFIELMessages : 353
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title : Prince of Kattegat
Place of birth : Kattegat

The morning after [Thora] Empty
PostSubject: The morning after [Thora] The morning after [Thora] EmptySun Oct 22, 2017 8:06 pm

Don't fear death if it comes, embrace it as if you lying down next to a beautifull woman. Don't look back to what you had but look forward to what you can achieve, in that way the Gods can gift you with beauty that even a woman doesn't have.
It was all so blurry, like he dreamt the whole thing, not even remembering how he even got home properly. He held it all up, trying to sleep but hardly finding away while it repeated all before his eyes again. How her lips felt in the first place, how he craved for more. And then it was Björn pulling her away, the look he gave Ubbe. He dreamt of Porunn that night, how fierce she was, how little he still was. How she was around Björn and how much she looked like Thora … the child they had. Ubbe found it hard to drawn a line between the reality and his dreams. That whole night he shifted and turned, not knowing what happened until he fully woke up again, gazing in the darkness and remembering. How could  that so quickly escalate? What it his fault? She walked away and he had no idea what happened after that. The only thing he knew for sure was how difficult it would be facing Björn again, or Thora for the matter. He felt silent in his own thoughts before falling asleep again, restless. His harvest feast wasn’t one to forget, sorted between all the other memories which would never leave his mind in the first place.

He got something blunt against his head, it hurt and he grunted, trying to get his eyes open. He scoured around him looking for the piece of wood before throwing it back only to be mocked with Ivar’s sarcastic grin. ‘Get up brother.’ He instructed. Ubbe muttered something and he felt it again, right against his shoulder. ‘If you don’t stop,’ ‘What then?’ Ivar challenged him. Ubbe forced his eyes open only to be meted by the light, causing him to shut them again. His head hurt, the distinct signals he had too much to drink last night. He turned his head and forced his eyes back open, looking over to his youngest brother. Ivar was mocking him, almost proud he wasn’t the cause of the scene. ‘Laugh all you want.’ Ubbe grunted. ‘I will, what is so interesting about that woman?’ He asked curious. Ubbe thought back on last night, on Thora and how she had felt, tasted, smelled. What was so interesting about her … a lot. But Ivar couldn’t know the cause because he was way too little to remember. ‘You were a spoiled little brat back them. You can’t know.’ ‘So there is a story.’ ‘Shut up Ivar, I’m not in the mood for your talks.’ Ubbe reacted, turning away, eager on taking some more sleep. ‘Euuh,’ Ivar started, thoughtful. ‘Björn isn’t gonna tell me, does she know?’ He asked further. ‘Get out.’ ‘Maybe I need to find that Thora myself, see what is worth fighting for.’ He teased, dragging his body from the bed on the moment Ubbe turned around. ‘Let it be.’ Ubbe just said. Ivar nodded before leaving with that stupid annoying grin on his face while dragging himself out. He wasn’t going to leave it alone.

The silence did him good, he slept some more before he tried on getting out of bed, showing Kattegat he was still very much alive. But father then the door he didn’t get, splashing some water over his face to wake him fully before sitting down on a crat, gazing over the street. He groaned again, pushing his head away in his hands, trying on not thinking much for the headache just kept taunting him.
Back to top Go down

Thora Haraldsdóttir
Thora Haraldsdóttir
Shield maiden

PROFIELMessages : 150
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :
Place of birth : Uddevalla

PostSubject: Re: The morning after [Thora] The morning after [Thora] EmptySun Oct 22, 2017 9:27 pm

Thora is certain Thor himself has taken up residence in her skull, beating against her mind with his mighty hammer. Her brother Audun is snoring blissfully across the room, and she grabs the first clothes that come to her hand and ducks behind the curtain to pull them on. Her hair is still braided from last night, and she doesn't bother to straighten them out, only pulls her boots on and heads out into the sunlight. She immediately curses the sun itself, raising a hand to shield her sensitive eyes. She deserves this. She is weak and wavering, and she deserves so much worse than a hangover. She feels terrible and uncertain about her place in the world, confused images of last night swimming through her head like some nightmare she can't escape. She keeps her head down as she aimlessly wanders the streets, because looking up into the light is painful.

She lets her feet carry her where they will, just thankful for the clean, crisp fall air. She looks up at the sound of a groan, and immediately pauses. Ubbe, his head in his hands, looking every bit as terrible as she feels. Something in her stomach roils violently, but by some miracle she doesn't vomit. She wonders if the rolling in her stomach is the aftereffects of the ale or her kiss with Ubbe. She feels guilty for walking away from him, for the way the night turned out, and she hopes she didn't ruin her friendship with Ubbe by following his brother outside. She wouldn't blame him if he didn't want to see her, but he's too important to her to just walk away from. Thora takes a deep breath, bracing herself, and continues walking toward him. She stops a little in front of him, wants to reach forward and run her fingers along his temples to soothe the headache she's certain is bothering him. She resists the urge, in case he doesn't want her to touch him.

Before last night, she would have touched him with little hesitation, certain of his friendship. She isn't sure what changed because of last night. She opts instead for a light tone of voice. "You look like how I feel." Her voice is a little raspy, she clears her throat and gives him a small smile. There's uncertainty and guilt in her green eyes, and she can't help taking another step toward him. "Ubbe?" Her voice wobbles on his name, and she gulps. She braces herself like she's waiting for him to strike her, to tell her to leave Kattegat and never come back, because she's so weak and so foolish. It's hard for her to look at him--not only because of her guilt, but because he's sitting in the sun. "I'm sorry. Do you want me to tell you everything?" Gone is the joking, the easy game of teasing they usually play, replaced by her fear of Ubbe turning her away. He's been nothing but a good friend to her, and she's not worthy of him but she wants to be.
Back to top Go down

Ubbe Ragnarsson
Ubbe Ragnarsson
Thegn

RPG SHEET
Viking profile

PostSubject: Re: The morning after [Thora] The morning after [Thora] EmptyMon Oct 23, 2017 7:03 pm

Don't fear death if it comes, embrace it as if you lying down next to a beautifull woman. Don't look back to what you had but look forward to what you can achieve, in that way the Gods can gift you with beauty that even a woman doesn't have.
He could still smell the air of ale around him. He didn’t took the time to pull some clothes of and he probably should need to get this set of but it just went by on him. Gazing to the people, asking himself how much of them saw what happened on that Harvest feast. It wasn’t that he was embarrassed of something, it was just … it shouldn’t have happened. Clearly the gods thought otherwise, learning him and Björn a lesson he still didn’t understood. Maybe Björn needed to move on from Porunn, or maybe Ubbe just needed to go a little less drunk headed into women like he normally would do. Whatever lesson it was, Thora was caught up right in the middle and Ubbe had no idea what to do with that piece of information. He tried to think of what they would have done together but wasn’t that jealousy, wasn’t that selfish? Ubbe never wanted to harm Thora, or Björn and in a way he harmed both.

With his head buried between his eyes he started on begging the headache to stop. Everything was spinning, not only his head, also his stomach. In the few times he was drunk this one surly made to top of the list, not only with worse headache but only with the worse memory. And just as he thought the darkness of his hands covering his eyes helped he felt somebody watching. For a split second he thought about his brother, or one of his brothers but this was another kind of feeling. He glimpsed to his fingers down to the ground only to see a shadow, followed by her voice. Did he wanted to see her? Yes, but he wanted her to leave in the first place either. But yet again, he didn’t want to be jealous or selfish and like the situation occurred, she had to speak with Björn.

He tilted his head up out of his hand, squeezing his eyes together against the sun before looking up to her. He signed on that small smile, the ways she spoke his name so different. He back rested against the house while he studied her face. ‘You look like how I feel.’ He replied those first words right back, forcing a smile on his lips she couldn’t ignore. She seemed more disturbed by the evening then he thought she would be. And when she excused herself he titled his head. ‘Why, it’s not your fault.’ He started. His voice was rather husky, little far away. ‘Did he tell you?’ He asked carefully. If Björn didn’t told her he wouldn’t do it either, despite he so badly wanted it. Seeing the doubt and insecurity on her face the question came on it’s on. ‘You think I’m mad at you?’ He guessed, looking down to not have to look into the sun up to her. ‘Thora,’ he spoke softly. He wanted to touch her in a way but he didn’t knew what happened so he kept his distant. ‘I don’t blame you, why would I. But don’t have regrets either.’ That last part he spoke more for himself, thinking back on the kiss they shared. He slowly looked back up to her, in a way hoping she wouldn’t sunk deeper but ready to pull her out any moment when she does, cause that is what he would do for her.
Back to top Go down

Thora Haraldsdóttir
Thora Haraldsdóttir
Shield maiden

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: The morning after [Thora] The morning after [Thora] EmptyMon Oct 23, 2017 8:22 pm

When Ubbe looks up at her, leaning his back against the wall, and speaks her own words back to her, most of the tension melts from her. He smiles up at her and she grins back with a small laugh. "Then let's agree to never drink that much again." She takes a small step toward him, encouraged by his easy tone, some of the fear of his anger leaving her. When he says it isn't her fault, she only shakes her head and drops her eyes back to the ground. She scuffs the toe of her boot into the dirt, watching a small dust cloud rise and settle before she's able to look up at him again. "It feels like it is, though." She shook her head. "He didn't tell me anything except that the only thing I can give him is pain." A small, slightly bitter laugh escapes her. "I'd thought he and I reached an understanding earlier in the night, but," she shrugs, "I was clearly wrong."

When he guesses her thoughts--that she thinks he's mad at her--she isn't surprised. He's always so good at reading her emotions. His voice was soft when he said her name, and just that was enough to make her feel a little better. When Ubbe says he doesn't blame her, her knees nearly buckle with the relief of it. He isn't angry, he doesn't hate her. "You have every right to be mad at me. I shouldn't have walked away from you. I didn't want to. I won't walk away from you again, not unless you tell me to." She closes the space between them and sinks to the ground with a small groan. "Everything hurts," she notes with a grimace. Thora leans forward, rubbing her forehead against Ubbe's knee to ease the ache there. She lifts her head to playfully bite the bend of his knee, a slow smile growing on her face as she moves her bright green eyes to meet his blue ones. "I don't regret anything, either." She considers for a moment. "Well, not that, anyway."

She rests her chin on his knee, looking quietly up at him for a moment before she speaks again. One hand curls lightly around the back of his leg. "But I owe you an explanation or an apology, your choice." She tilts her head, chin still resting on his knee. "Probably both." She admits. "I'm happy you aren't mad at me, Ubbe."
Back to top Go down

Ubbe Ragnarsson
Ubbe Ragnarsson
Thegn

RPG SHEET
Viking profile

PostSubject: Re: The morning after [Thora] The morning after [Thora] EmptyMon Oct 23, 2017 9:19 pm

Her words, the agreement to never drink again made him chuckle, a chuckle in which his eyes closed out of pain from his headache. ‘We can say that now, we will never uphold.’ He reacted, rubbing his finger against his temple. If you stopped drinking then where was the fun of a feast like the one last night. He wouldn’t resist anyway, it was part of the fun and it was fun … until he kissed Thora and Björn came in between. He thought about that moment, over and over and over again and in a way he still didn’t understood while all he did was indeed understanding. He looked how she pushed her booth in the ground, into the sand before the little house. ‘It isn’t.’ He whispered, into his own thoughts before she starts answering the question. His eyes softly got back to her, slowly shaking his head in anticipation. ‘I want to tell you Thora,’ he looked at her, studying the soft featured in her head. ‘But I can’t, it isn’t my place to do so. Just don’t blame yourself, it’s just,’ he took a deep breath, looking back to the ground. ‘the past haunting him down.’ He followed, forcing himself away from the subject. She couldn’t feel guilty, he had to be the one feeling guilty.

His eyes fell on a little straw blocked between some wood and he took it between his fingers, focusing his mind on it only to hope the headache would leave him for a little while. When she talked again he shook his head, smiling a little. ‘I won’t be. I’m the guilty party, there is no need for you to apologize for what happened, for any of it.’ He urge her to settle on it. She couldn’t feel like this, he wouldn’t let her. When she said she wouldn’t run away again he just looked at her, trying to understand what she just said. ‘You go whenever you want, I wouldn’t hold you back.’ He stated looking down when she settled herself on the ground before him, groaning. He softly chuckled on her words. ‘You’re not the only one.’ He smiled lightly. How would Björn feeling, a total mess, just like them or worse? When she rubber her forehead against his knee he just looks at her, with that slight smile. In a way he was more than happy that they just fell back in their own habits, that she wasn’t distant. Her smile grow and so did his for a moment, nodding on her words before softly laughing. ‘Glad not that whole night was a disaster.’ He reacted, laying a strand of her hair in the right direction.

Normally there was always that playful banter but now … after tonight. He just looked at her, just as she looked back at him. And it calmed him in a way, resting his underarms on his upper legs, feeling her hair ticking over it. ‘Thora,’ he signed, shaking his head before looking back to her when she said she was glad he wasn’t angry. He lowered his head, pressing his lips against her hair. ‘I promised to stay by your side,’ he whispered, pulling a little back to look for her green eyes. ‘I’m just glad that you came back. I was planning on looking for you, if I could think a little more clearly.’ He leaned back a little, gazing over the street. ‘You don’t owe me anything.’ He murmured, eyes scouting the people, glad that she was so close again.
Back to top Go down

Thora Haraldsdóttir
Thora Haraldsdóttir
Shield maiden

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: The morning after [Thora] The morning after [Thora] EmptyTue Oct 24, 2017 5:14 pm

She sees the way his eyes close when he chuckles, and guesses it's because of the hangover. She sympathizes, but his little laugh awakens some small happiness in her. She's happy to see him again, and so grateful he isn't angry with her. She chuckles herself when he says they can promise to never drink that much, but they'll never stick to it. "You're right." She feels his eyes on her as she kicks the dirt, and the smile she gives him is edged with sadness when he whispers that it isn't her fault. "You may change your mind when I tell you the full story. I'll take responsibility for my part in it, just as Bjorn will have to. But you..." Thora shakes her head, slowly, and the movement makes pain shoot through her temples. "You did nothing wrong." She settles herself on the ground, looking up at Ubbe as he speaks. Thora doesn't know what she did to earn Ubbe's presence in her life, but she's grateful for it.

She looks up at him, her chin still resting on his knee, green eyes glinting with some of her usual humor. "I promised you before I even knew who you were, Ubbe Ragnarsson, that I would always stand by you. You told me to follow Bjorn. I tried to come to an understanding with him, you saw how that turned out. So I return to my original promise: I will fight at your side if you will have me." His hand is gentle as he smooths a strand of her hair into place, and she leans into Ubbe's hand with a soft sigh, her green eyes closing for a moment before she looks up at him. Thora grins, turning her head to press a quick kiss to Ubbe's hand. "It still surprises me sometimes, how gentle you are." He's sighing her name, then, and worry rises in her chest. Then his lips are on her hair, soft and gentle, and she calms. The light kiss is so different from last night--his demanding mouth, the warmth of him pressed against her. This is something softer than ale-soaked lust, something more serious than the time she bit his lip in the woods.

Of course they can't always be playful banter and easy teasing. Sometimes they'll have to be serious, but it doesn't mean things between them are hard. Because even this, even the vulnerability she's about to show him, feels safe. She trusts Ubbe. He's had the chance to hurt her so many times, and he's never done it. She meets his eyes as he says he promised to always be by her side, and rises quickly to her knees. One hand rests on his shoulder to help her balance, and she presses a quick, gentle kiss to his cheek. "And I'll be by yours." She squeezes his shoulder once before letting go and sinking back to the ground. She snorts. "Of course I came back. I don't think I could stay away from you. And really, I'd rather not find out."

She pauses to rub her aching forehead against his knee again, before resting her chin on his leg and looking up at Ubbe once more. "Alright, so I don't owe you anything, but I want to give you an explanation." She sighs, looking away quickly before settling her eyes back on Ubbe's face. Maybe there's some lingering touch of ale in her blood, or maybe the hangover makes it easier to lower the walls she usually keeps up. "Did you know I was a little afraid of you, when we first met in the woods? Before I came to Kattegat, I lived in my brother's house in Uddevalla, always afraid my husband was going to drag me out the door by my hair and take revenge for the scar I left on his face." She's talking quickly, eager to get the story over with. "Bjorn stepped in last night when some drunk tried to lay his hands on me, and he asked me why I was afraid, so I told him. Then he walked away, and you found me, and you know what happened next." She sighs, a sound that seems to come from her very bones. The first time I ever spoke to Bjorn, he told me there was no place for a girl like me in the shield wall. Sometimes I think he was right. I had a shield split in half in my hand and was not afraid. Rough hands frighten me more than death itself." She raises her head from his knee, searching his blue eyes, waiting. She's come clean, and now, surely, this is what will make him turn from her, because she is not fearless like she should be.
Back to top Go down

Ubbe Ragnarsson
Ubbe Ragnarsson
Thegn

RPG SHEET
Viking profile

PostSubject: Re: The morning after [Thora] The morning after [Thora] EmptyTue Oct 24, 2017 7:27 pm

It wasn’t much at the time but the expressions in her face changed again, like she found a certain comfort again, like she was happy to be free from that tensing feeling, those thoughts, memories of last night. In a way Ubbe wanted to forget it to but with Thora aside him he couldn’t forget right away, not without them both going through it first. He felt lighter to, until the moment she said there was a full story to it … offcourse there was. He looked back to the strand of hay, shaking his head that he wasn’t guilty. ‘Maybe, maybe not.’ He looked back to her and the smile on his lips softened, died a little. He had the facts, he knew that Thora looked exactly like Porunn and yet he kissed her, yet he felt so different around her. Did he knew that Björn still was hung up from his lost love? No, but surly he had his part in it. More he didn’t say, if they would debate the faults in last night they could go on all day. He didn’t wanted her to take part in it but she clearly did so why would he talk her out of it, she would be to stubborn.

The last time he saw those green distinct eye of her from close by he was planning on kissing her. Now they were discussing all the moments after. To be honest, he had saw it a whole different then the way it ended. She spoke and his eyes rested down on hers, tugging the corner of his mouth up in a relaxing grin. It died while he softly nodded, stroking that hair out of her face, fingertips scouring her skin, a lot more gentle then he did the day before. ‘I will have you.’ He repeated her words. He would fight alongside her if the time would come but it wasn’t only fighting with a sword he would do for her. Just like yesterday he also wanted to protect her from others, even if that was his brother in pain. He enjoys the closed eyes, the way she pushed her head onto his fingers. The smile slowly came back with her words. ‘Don’t tell anybody else.’ He winked, pulling a more bigger grin on his lips. Yes, he could be gentle and caring, he was probably the best Ragnarsson for the job in that department. ‘Who are we even if we can’t show the gods a little kindness and the women a little love. Can’t be violent all the time, not turning into my brother.’ That last just a muttering while he thought about the way he was woken up earlier. ‘For you,’ the strand of hay breaks and he looks down to it, not even finishing his words, it wasn’t that hard to guess anyway. What was it with Thora? What did she do …

His words rose her up to her knees, placing her hand on his shoulder and a kiss to his cheek. Ubbe turns, his eyes shifting to her as he intense gaze towards her, not really replying her own promise to stay at his side. He had the urge to pull her in his lap, to do something but he let it go as soon as she sat down again. ‘Glad to hear.’ He nodded, tossing away the broken stand of hay while looking at her, slowly smiling. Did the event of earlier night made them even stronger, probably, but it did other things to. Things he was refusing, because he felt guilty, guilty towards his own brother.

She still wanted to give an explanation, even when he said she doesn’t had to. He folded his hands together, arms resting on his upper knees while studying her face, slightly nodding on the first words. When she said she was afraid of him his eyebrows raised a little, not interrupting her to ask why for the why not far after followed. When she talked about her husband his fingers tensed a little, folding to a fist, not leaving her eyes with his. She had a husband who mistreated her? And Björn just left her after she told him that? His eyes grew a little and he looked away, rubbing his fingers over his beard while he repeated that. He touched her, he didn’t know and maybe could triggered some of those memories. Still, he didn’t talked only to let her finish. When she was finished, he looked for a second to his own hands before gazing back to her, repeating it all. ‘Why didn’t you tell me?’ He asked, angry on himself. ‘Thora, I was drunk last night, I touched you, I could have,’ he pressed his lips against each other and straightened his back, leaning against the house again. He wanted to ask if her husband was still alive but what was the point, she was here and he in Uddevalla. ‘We are all afraid of something.’ He changed the subjected. ‘I’m not afraid of battle, Thor his storms, rough fingers, but I’m afraid to see the people I love die.’ He stretched his hand but didn’t touch her, he let his hand fall down on his free knee. ‘You can fight, you can win, if a shield wall doesn’t want you surly the gods have other plans for you. Björn has no say in your place in all of this.’ He pointed around. ‘And he shouldn’t have left you at the feast.’ He said, still angry on himself, angry on his brother, on everything except for her, that at least pointed the reassuring in his eyes out. Maybe it wasn’t bad, her saying this.
Back to top Go down

Thora Haraldsdóttir
Thora Haraldsdóttir
Shield maiden

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: The morning after [Thora] The morning after [Thora] EmptyTue Oct 24, 2017 8:53 pm

She watches the movements of his fingers as he plays with the strand of hay, admiring the grace in his hands. When he says he maybe, or may not be guilty, she looks up at him with a smirk. "If we're still blaming people for the way last night turned out, I would like to add my brother Audun to the list. I should have thrown something at him before I left my house this morning." Her voice is light, joking like usual, but in a way it's true. She wouldn't have gone to the feast if Audun hadn't come, and then it had been he who pushed her into the line of dancers because he knew how much she loved to dance. And if she hadn't been dancing, she wouldn't have been shoved into Bjorn had revealed so much of herself to him. She never would have seen the vulnerability and pain in him, never created a chance for Bjorn to draw his ax on Ubbe. But if Audun hadn't convinced her to go to the feast, she never would have shared that kiss with Ubbe, and that's one thing she will never regret.

She doesn't answer when he says he would have her, only closes her eyes and pushes her head into his gentle hands. She opens her eyes to kiss his hand, then looks up at him when he says not to tell anyone else how gentle he is. The wink he gives her makes a warmth rise in her belly, his smile draws a laugh out of her. "Your secret is safe with me. I'll be sure to tell everyone only how fierce and brave you are." She listens as he continues talking, and tilts her head as if she's thinking. "Kindness and love," she muses, voice quiet, bright green eyes considering him. "They're scarce in Uddevalla sometimes." She chuckles a little when he says he isn't turning into his brother, that he can't be violent all the time. "I'll thank the gods every day that you are yourself, and not turning into your brother." She turns her head to nuzzle her cheek against his knee, almost like an affectionate cat does. Thora is a little surprised with how open she's feeling this morning, but maybe the events of last night tore down walls that she's kept up for too long. Maybe this will all make her stronger. Only time will tell.

She only snorts as she sinks back to the ground, something like amusement glinting in her green eyes as he tosses the hay away. And then she's giving him the explanation she feels he deserves, although he says she owes him nothing. He's her friend, and she trusts him, and she thinks he deserves to know why she is the way she is. She watches him, the way his hands clench into fists, and slowly one of her hands goes to his, stroking along his thumb, soothing. She's never seen Ubbe angry, and she doesn't want to be the cause of it. She doesn't flinch at the anger in his voice as he responds, only looking up at him with steady eyes. "I never told you because it never seemed like the right time. And yes, you were drunk and you touched me but I wanted you to touch me, and I trust you." Thora doesn't add that she will allow him to touch her anytime he wants to, she feels it's obvious from the way she rests her chin on his knee, from the way her hand is wrapped around his leg.

She only watches him as he speaks again, reaching his hand toward her but letting it fall onto his knee instead of touching her. She doesn't ask if she's one of the people he would be afraid to see die, because she's afraid he will say no. "That is not an uncommon fear, but it is one everyone faces eventually." She gives a heavy sigh and turns her head so her cheek is resting on his knee. She grabs his hand, the one resting on her knee, and turns the palm to face her. She studies his calluses briefly but turns her gaze back to him as he speaks again. "That may be true, but I have always known I was born for the shield wall. If that is taken from me, I don't know where my place is." She snorts when he says Bjorn shouldn't have left her at the feast. "For all his strength, it seems to me that maybe Bjorn is more full of pain than anyone realizes." She shrugs one shoulder, a slow smile growing on her face. "But if he hadn't left me, you wouldn't have found me. And now I don't have to wonder anymore what your kiss tastes like." If he reads between her words, he'll understand what she's saying: that she had thought about kissing him ever since that day in the woods. She quirks her eyebrows at him, wondering if he'll catch the meaning behind her words.
Back to top Go down

Ubbe Ragnarsson
Ubbe Ragnarsson
Thegn

RPG SHEET
Viking profile

PostSubject: Re: The morning after [Thora] The morning after [Thora] EmptyTue Oct 24, 2017 10:23 pm

He chuckles as soon as she talked about her brother, blaming him for what happened last night. This was where he was fearing for it they would keep blaming each other, that others would get involved. If he had to blame somebody it would be the ale, or the man making the ale. But in a way he couldn’t blame the ale … because it gave him a kiss with Thora, one he wouldn’t forget any time soon … probably never. ‘We should blame the ale to.’ He said in a little amusement. He didn’t want to air the feeling between them by getting all into their bantering again but it didn’t hurt to laugh and he loved to see her smile. His eyes sunk down to her lips in her joke and he shook his head smiling. ‘Let’s just blame ourselves and not each other.’ He concluded. It wasn’t her fault in his eyes, he took the blame on him, but she saw it different. It that way they could discuss it for a very long time, he probably wouldn’t give and neither would she.

The way she kisses his hand, rests her head on his knee, it all felt so familiar, like it was a usual sight of them two sitting like this, being like this. He asked himself what Björn would do, if he would walk by. But as soon as those thoughts set foot into his mind he curses them away because he didn’t wanted to know. He didn’t wanted to pull away from this, him and Thora being so close to each other. When she told him his secret was safe he smiled. ‘As I will tell everybody how fierce and brave you are.’ He returned. He wanted to be only kind and gentle to her today. It wasn’t bad, sitting here, both with their hangovers. ‘And that is why the gods brought you here into Kattegat. We are all about kindness and love.’ He joked slightly, tilting his head while looking at her. ‘Don’t worry, the last person I’m turning into is my brother. I think the gods have their handful with just one of him.’ He chuckled, thinking about Ivar, you surly didn’t wanted two of them. The way she snuggles her head against his knee made him smile like that again, so affectious.

The slight humor lingering inside of him died away when she started to talk again, owing him that explanation. It all turned around, he felt his anger, his defensive protective side coming up for a story that started in Uddevalla, which was a long journey from here. He looked down to his hands as her fingers stroke along his thumb. He softly breathed out, opening his hand and traveling it over her fingertips, looking at it while she continued her story. Not that it changed much, he still felt like some kind of an intruder. He couldn’t know. Still he says it out loud, in the way he felt, angry, frustrated maybe, not knowing what to do or say. When she said it wasn’t like the right time he looked back before him. She was right, not in the woods, not on the feast. He slowly looks back to her as she goes on. ‘Thora,’ he signed, looking down to her hand wrapped up between his. She wanted him to touch him, she trusted him, those word left him speechless except for her name. He rubs his fingers over his nose and stroke it over his hair, looking away before turning his eyes back to her. ‘I can’t understand where you were going through back in Uddevalla, know I will respect, whatever,’ his words lingered again before he pulled up a weak smile, hoping she would get it. But given she was so close he believed what she said earlier, that she wanted to be touched, that she trusted him.

When she starts about the fears he gazed in thoughts down to his hands, counting all the people he didn’t wanted to loose but probably on some point would. Thora was one of them, she had no idea what she was causing. He follows the motion she made with his hand, turning it to face her. ‘I will get you in the shield wall Thora, that is a promise.’ He knocked his hand slightly against her. ‘Whatever my brother has to say about that.’ He followed, almost as an encouragement. When she starts about Björn Ubbe slowly looked away again. ‘I didn’t, I remember in all and he never showed.’ He whispered in thought. Thinking about Porunn, how Björn coped with that loss. When he looks back at her she started smiling and he squeezed his eyes a little together, waiting for what to come. Her words made him slowly smile. ‘Hmmm,’ he nodded, looking down at her. That kiss. ‘Came to a rather quick end.’ He stated, remembering how harshly Björn pulled him away. ‘But,’ he pulled his hand stroking his fingertips over her the side of her head to the back of her neck where he rested them for a moment, still looking at her. ‘Still enough to wonder about.’ He shrugged, a little amused. He leaned back, relaxed, fingers playing with that little bit of hair on the back of her neck. ‘We need a repeat on that one day. Without the Björn.’ He chuckled, turning is head to look at her, pulling his eyebrows shortly up for two times. ‘I think I’m still half drunk.’ He muttered for his own. Maybe the tensing, the serious start of the day floated a little away, causing him to get back to his old back a little.
Back to top Go down

Thora Haraldsdóttir
Thora Haraldsdóttir
Shield maiden

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: The morning after [Thora] The morning after [Thora] EmptyMon Oct 30, 2017 1:22 pm

Thora, like Ubbe, comes from a big family. Unlike Ubbe, she's the youngest of four, and one of two daughters. She's been tested and taunted her whole life by brothers who liked the fire in her, who taught her to fight like a fury. She'd been taught to weave and sew and cook by her older sister, the one who had no desire for the shield wall. Her brothers encouraged the fighting, gave her a battered old shield the summer she turned ten and taught her to wield it like it was part of her. Her sister, resigned that Thora would never be a calm woman, had taught her what little she knew of binding wounds. That was the one thing she'd taught that Thora found useful and interesting. She had no great healing skill, though, merely enough to hopefully keep a wounded man alive until she could get him to a healer. She doesn't know how to ease pain, to restore strength and how to calm a person in pain. Those skills are far beyond her. What besides ale could have made her think she could help Bjorn? She is no healer, only a killer.

"How about we don't blame anyone but the gods? Blaming is a waste of time, all we can do is deal with it as best as we can." She grins up at him as he talks about his brother, wagging an accusatory finger at him. "Kindness and love," she repeats again, laughing as she looks up at Ubbe. "You say it's here in Kattegat, and yet I haven't seen it." She winks as she finishes speaking. Of course she's seen kindness in Kattegat, and the man who's shown it to her is sitting in front of her. The thought fills her with something strange that she ignores because she doesn't know how to deal with it. He's been kind to her since the very beginning when she scared away his deer, all the way up until now. He's forgiven her for following his brother without hesitation. He's kind, he's one of the best people she's met in her life, and in that instant Thora would die for him without a second thought. He inspires devotion, this kind man before her, and it's so strong it startles her. Thora's reasons for coming to Kattegat were simple. Her father had loved the stories of Ragnar Lothbrok, but lost the use of his arm and been unable to fight. Thora wants to honor his memory by wielding her father's sword for the sons of Ragnar. She did not expect to care for them beyond that. She would die for them because it is her duty, but she would die for Ubbe because she's devoted to him beyond simple duty.

"You love your brothers." Thora states, narrowing her green eyes like she's accusing him of something terrible, but she's smiling. It's a simple statement but it fills Thora with the ache of homesickness. She consoles herself by remembering that Audun is snoring away in her house right now.

After her explanation, Ubbe wraps her hand up in his, and he's sighing her name. She's revealed so much of herself to him now, but she doesn't feel vulnerable like she thought she would. She only feels safe, and unburdened, like telling her secret to Ubbe has taken away some of its terrible power. She's not as afraid in Kattegat, she doesn't live with the constant, gnawing fear that her ex-husband is going to come looking for her. Even though here she lives alone and it would be easy, she's confident he won't come. Kattegat is a safe haven for her, a place of healing. She looks up at Ubbe as he tells her he couldn't understand, but he would respect what she went through. "It is in the past now, Ubbe. I'm trying to make it stay there. I'm not afraid in Kattegat, like I was in Uddevalla." She shrugs, offering him a weak smile. "I hope it does not change the way you look at me." Her voice is a murmur. Part of the reason she didn't tell many people about it was that she was a shieldmaiden. She was supposed to be fierce, strong, and yet she'd been so weak. She was ashamed.

Ubbe is speaking again, saying he will get her in the shield wall, and she grins up at him as his hand knocks against hers. "Of course you will. You'll need me in the shield wall, to keep you safe." She laughs, knowing Ubbe was fully capable of defending himself. She knew he would be fierce in the shield wall, a force to be reckoned with, and she only wanted to see him fight. He would be a whirlwind of sword and shield, beautiful splattered in the blood of his enemies, and she only wanted to fight by his side like she'd promised. She shrugged again as Ubbe says he knows all that happened, but never guessed at Bjorn's pain. "He is Ironside. He feels he can have no pain, no weakness." She may not have a name like Ironside to live up to, but she feels the same drive: to be seen as strong, as ferocious, always without weakness. There is part of Thora that understands Bjorn, and it's that part of her that bade her to follow him outside last night.

She throws her head back laughing when Ubbe says there's still plenty to worry about, then drops her head into her hands with a groan, her head throbbing. Thora looks up at Ubbe through her fingers, bright green eyes glinting. Her hands hide her teasing smirk. "I invite you to settle your curiosity whenever you want." She drops her hands to rest on Ubbe's knees, and tilts her head as she looks up at him. Ubbe mutters that he might still be half drunk and Thora only laughs a little. She licks her lips quickly as she contemplates Ubbe. She's thinking about kissing him again, wondering what would happen if she stood up and pressed her lips to his this very moment. "I think I'm still a little drunk, too," she admits, her gaze dropping from Ubbe's eyes to his lips.
Back to top Go down

Ubbe Ragnarsson
Ubbe Ragnarsson
Thegn

RPG SHEET
Viking profile

PostSubject: Re: The morning after [Thora] The morning after [Thora] EmptyThu Nov 02, 2017 10:37 am

Blaming was a waste of time … He couldn’t deny that. Ubbe didn’t do much blaming in his life and if he did … He thought about his father. Not knowing if blaming Ragnar for leaving them was the right choice. They all did it in the end, the blaming part. And maybe Thora was right, maybe they should just blame the gods. His eyes traveled up for a moment towards the sky where gods were watching their every move. It seemed like the right things to do, blaming them for everything, certainly when their lives were built around the gods and their believes. ‘You are right.’ He muttered, still looking up before he looked aside. He really didn’t had to deal with that kiss, he had to deal with his brother. So maybe when he was sober and he had the change, he should go talk with his elder brother, although he didn’t really wanted to.

When she repeated his previous words again his eyes drift back aside to him. He had to laugh for a moment, feeling his usual playful self-coming up while he bowed his head closer to her. ‘Are my efforts not good enough for you Thora, all I did was,’ he cocked his head and smiled challenging, not even have to finish those words for he knew he was right anyway. ‘You just doesn’t have the luck to bump into the kindness Kattegat has to offer.’ He explained, feeling like he had to reassure her a little on the subject. He knew Kattegat, he knew the stories about Uddevalla … he was quite sure here were more happier stories then Uddevalla had.‘And if you don’t find it anywhere then just,’ he felt silent, grinning in mischief. ‘Well, you know where to find me.' He winked to her, stating he was kind and gentle and all the way teasing her in his own words. When she stated he loved his brothers his face flatten a little, nodding. ‘Yes I do, every single one of them.’ He just said, although he didn’t really had to say those words out loud. Even Ivar in all his anger and frustrations had the need to be loved. Ubbe would always protect them, even those who didn’t need it.

Knowing she has a past did something to him … making the urge to keep her safe maybe bigger? She had a husband … one that didn’t respect her, didn’t support her, didn’t do anything and it made him angry. He saw those kind of men here to and he always had the feeling like he had to help but he didn’t, simply because he doesn’t was his life. When she talked he looked back to her, with even a little doubt. He wanted to say something until she started with the words if it wouldn’t change something in the way he looks at her. His fingers scour under her chin, bringing her head that little closer to his. ‘Why would in change anything?’ He asked her, compassioned in the words she just had spoken. He felt weak around her, in a way he felt like he needed to protect her even more. ‘The only thing it does is making me want to keep you even closer then I already did.’ He smiled, a weak one before his fingertips left her skin despite he didn’t wanted it to.

The whole conversation became lighter as soon as she taunted him. He laid his hand on her head, pushing her a little away while he laughed. ‘We need to have some more fights, so I can prove you how much I can take care of myself.’ He smiled amused. But the thoughts of having there really would make him stronger in a way. His eyes got a little dreamy for a moment, while he looked how a woman and her daughter walked by, carrying baskets with them. When she started about Björn he just nodded. ‘Every man has pain and weakness I just don’t,’ He signed and looked back to her. ‘It’s Björn, like you said.’ He didn’t get further on it, he just shrugged, thinking about his elder brother.

That subject took a new turn, a lighter one and Ubbe dove back into his drunk feeling of yesterday. He smiles as she rubs her painful head and all he wanted to do in that moment was pulling her closer to ease the pain they both head by sinking into the feeling of yesterday. His smile grew wider as she looks to him between her fingers. ‘Hmmm,’ he thought back to that kiss, wanting nothing else. But in a way he felt guilty somewhere, thinking about Björn. But he couldn’t do nothing else then looking at her, not feeling the guilty like it would have to. She looked to him and he looked to her. ‘It is really hard to suppress that urge if you look at me like that.’ He whispered, thinking back to Björn while his head dropped a little closer to hers. His fingers stroke her skin, wiping a strand of her hair away, touching her skin so softly. He was still hangover, half drunk … could he do this? Or would it be another way of challenging his elder brother?
Back to top Go down

Thora Haraldsdóttir
Thora Haraldsdóttir
Shield maiden

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: The morning after [Thora] The morning after [Thora] EmptyThu Nov 02, 2017 1:18 pm

Thora can't help the playful grin she gives him when he says she's right. "Of course I'm right, I'm always right." She's laughing as she says it, knowing full well that Ubbe is aware of many times that she actually wasn't right. But for the sake of their game, she says it. Their game is comfortable, their game is safe and familiar, and Thora still desperately wants to feel calm. It's hard with the storm raging inside her, the confusion and hurt from last night, and the lingering fog of the ale. But she knows Ubbe will know she's just joking, that that's just part of their game, and so she says it. When he says his efforts at kindness weren't good enough for her, she knows he's joking but her playful demeanor is gone in an instant.

"All you've ever shown me is kindness. So much more kindness than I deserve." She murmurs, shaking her head, before looking up at him with a small smile. "It's why I promised to fight by your side. Not because of your father's name, but because of that kindness. There's a shortage of kind people in the world, I think." Thora shurgs, not quite able to meet his eyes. She's seen violence in more places than just the shield wall, and maybe it left more of a mark on her than she'd first thought. But maybe it matters less, now that she's in Kattegat and has seen there's still kindness left in the world, in Ubbe and Sassa. She laughs, his mischevious grin pulling her out of her strange thoughts, as he tells her that if she wants kindness, all she has to do is find him. "Then I guess it's lucky I seem to keep finding you right when I need kindness most." She still can't be as playful as she usually is, with the dark thoughts and ale lingering so nearby, but she can still smile up at him with anusement glinting in her green eyes.

When he asks her why her past would change anything, it's a struggle for her to meet his eyes, but his fingers are gentle under her chin and she relaxes at his touch. She takes a deep breath before answering. "Because I'm supposed to be strong, and I was weak for too long. I left him with a scary, at least." She shrugs, as if it didn't matter. As if finding the strength to stand up for herself hadn't been harder than standing in the shield wall. She presses her face wordlessly into his fingers when he says he only wants to keep her closer, and hopes that's enough for him to understand. She wants to be by his side, it's just hard to express it right now, when she feels so vulnerable.

She's finally able to laugh when he says they need to fight some more, so he can prove how strong he is. "Maybe I think fighting you is a joy. Maybe I'm teasing you so you'll fight me again."  She challenges, grinning up at him with a wink. She watches his eyes to unfocused as he looks beyond her, and his next words are heavy. They can't escape the events of last night, no matter how badly they may want to. "Someday he will have to face that pain,
or it will tear him apart."
She sighs. "If it hasn't already. I would try to help him, but he probably does not want my help." She doesn't add that maybe that's for the best, that maybe her trying to help Bjorn would make them both weaker. At first she'd thought it would make them stronger, but now she isn't so sure. She would rather stay here, safe and comfortable with Ubbe, than try to find and confront his stormy, pain-filled elder brother.

She sees the guilt on his face when she looks up at him between her fingers, her gaze dropping to his lips, and it brings her back to the moment they're in. It's so easy to forget what happened last night when Ubbe is smiling in front of her, but she can't. They can't. His head drops closer to hers, his finger twirling in a strand of her golden hair, and all she wants to do is give in to him. To press her lips to his and forget everything else for a few minutes. But following that impulse is exactly what created the trouble they're now facing. "I'm sorry." She whispers, turning her head to brush her lips lightly along the fingers against her face, and then abruptly she backs up with a heavy sigh. She scoots backward, giving them both some space. Being with Ubbe is so easy, and it's easy to forget the problems with him nearby and the ale eager to help her forget. "Probably not the best time for us to think about kissing." She tilts her head, giving him a crooked little half-smile, before winking at him. "As much as I would like to." There's a hint of teasing in her voice when she says the last bit, hoping to steer the conversation into a little bit of an easier place.
Back to top Go down

Ubbe Ragnarsson
Ubbe Ragnarsson
Thegn

RPG SHEET
Viking profile

PostSubject: Re: The morning after [Thora] The morning after [Thora] EmptyThu Nov 02, 2017 7:34 pm

He rolls his eyes, hearing her say she was always right. He heard that way too often to be honest and it only gave him the urge to prove her wrong. But for now he only gave her that tiny little smile, disagreeing with only his eyes. He wished in a way that everything could be like this, meeting Thora was probably one of the best things that happened past weeks. Just her easy smiling, the connection on so many levels, he loved it, he loved the sight of her green eyes. Would be always looking for them on a casual day as a prince.

When she speaks about kindness again, his kindness he just looks to her, studying the way her lips move, the way her expressions change in her bright eyes. ‘Don’t get just to it.’ He winked, like he was gonna change every moment in somebody else who wasn’t all that kind and gentle. He wasn’t all the time, he could have his temper to … he was a Ragnarsson after all. They all had Ragnar his temper, the one more than the other. He wasn’t that persistent, not like Björn or Ivar were. He just tried to keep up with life as it was floating now rather than running ahead of it. When she speaks again, explaining why she wants to fight for him she isn’t looking at him, she is gazing over the street. Ubbe leans back a little looking down to her while he let her words sink in. In his way he hears more than only those words and he can’t relate to it. He tries to understand … but … he let his eyes wander away for a moment, thinking of what he should say. ‘You deserve more than all of this Thora.’ He only says, forcing himself to not linger on the feeling but just let it slip away in his thoughts for later. When she smiles, despite he didn’t found it to be a real one, speaking up he looks back to her, smiling himself. ‘I will be always here.’ He whispered in his thoughts, promising her to be around for as long as she wanted it.

It seems like the heavy subjects didn’t left them alone. Every time they find the comfort in a little banter again there is something else pulling them down. Feeling her skin under his fingers made him breath more easily. He wasn’t somebody who could talk serious matters for way to long, and just finding the connection on the right times made it in this case more easy. ‘You are not weak Thora.’ He insisted. Her head leans in closer and his finger wander away, causing his hand to cup her face. ‘It is only strength that pulled you through those days. There is no weakness in that.’ He tried to get to her, but seeing how defenseless the subject made her he felt weak on his own. He places his lips on her hair, taking in the smell of her. ‘You aren’t.’ He whispered before pulling back and looking at her with confident. She wasn’t weak and she couldn’t think that from herself.

And finally it’s there, that little spark of a laugh out over her lips. ‘I will fight you again.’ He reacted right away, leaning closer for a short moment. ‘Until I beat you, until you make me stronger.’ She was still older, had more experience. That wink spread a big smile over his lips, enjoying it when it happened. But Björn, the thoughts of him lingering between him made that smile fade away. ‘I will talk with him.’ He nodded. As soon as he felt sober enough he would talk to Björn. He first had to catch some sleep again, process it for his own. How badly he wanted to tell her why she was caught up in the middle but couldn’t.

Their situation hits back as soon as his expression revile it. Björn was around, as long as this wasn’t talked over he couldn’t do this, how badly he wanted it. And it pained him, knowing where Thora went through before coming here and wanting to give her something that would forget all of that. He didn’t know the feeling causing him to think like that and he didn’t wanted to speak it out loud but it was there, lingering. For a split second he feels her so close before reality pulls them apart. ‘I know.’ He muttered on her sorry, looking how every contact disappeared by Thora sitting a little further. On her words he looks back to her, softly nodding. ‘No, you are right.’ He smiles despite it isn’t a real one. He stroke his hand over his face, hiding his eyes in his hand for a moment. When she spoke again his hand slowly fell from his face, balding to a fist to rest his head on. ‘Me to.’ He muttered, looking at her. As darker side of him just didn’t want to care about Björn being in the middle of this but he wasn’t Ivar, he had respect and admiring for his brother. He wasn’t challenging him, even it that meant all of this.
Back to top Go down

Thora Haraldsdóttir
Thora Haraldsdóttir
Shield maiden

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: The morning after [Thora] The morning after [Thora] EmptyThu Nov 09, 2017 6:12 pm

Thora laughs when he tells her not to get used to his kindness, her first real, honest laugh all morning, because she believes in her bones that Ubbe is good, and nothing will ever change that. The corners of her bright green eyes crinkle as she looks up at him, still giggling a little, and she raises her eyebrows and tries to look serious. "Of course not. I'll expect you to start being mean to me at any moment, if that makes you feel better." She chuckles again, the lightest she's felt all day. She doesn't know why that statement tickled her the way it did, maybe she's finally going just a bit insane from all that's happened the past few days. One thing she's glad for is that the ale seems to be slowly loosening its hold on her, the headache less fierce than it had been when she woke up, and her stomach has settled into a less uneasy state. Maybe that's why she laughs, because she finally feels a little more human. Not much more human, but enough to make a difference.

She only rolls her eyes when he tells her she deserves more than all this, and she isn't quite sure what he means by that but she decides to address it anyway. "That isn't for you to decide, Ubbe.
I'm content to let the gods decide what I deserve, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't curious about their intentions."
She merely shrugs, acknowledging that the strange whims of the gods are beyond her understanding. The hand that she's curled around the back of his leg squeezes gently when he whispers that he'll always be here, and she smiles softly up at him. "So will I. I swear it." He makes the weight of the world fall away somehow, and she does the same for him. The connection they have is one she can't ignore, but nor does she understand it quite yet. She's grateful for it--it makes them great companions for the shield-wall, but even better friends. She's glad that even something as foolish as a drunken kiss hasn't changed whatever it is that lies between them, but the events that followed it seem to be pulling them closer together. As if together they can handle it, can help each other grow stronger. Most of their friendship had been based on teasing and laughing, but she finds that she's glad they can speak of serious things, too.

She only raises her eyebrows when he says it's strength that pulled her through those days. She wants to tell him that if she was stronger, Bjorn wouldn't have affected her the way he did. That if she was stronger, they wouldn't be in this situation right now. But she doesn't say it. She knows he's only going to tell her that she is strong, and right now she can't bear to hear that lie again. She only wants to forget her weakness, to banish it to a place where it can't hurt anyone anymore. She knows she needs to get stronger, and she knows that she will. She just isn't quite sure how yet, but that will come in time if it pleases the gods. Instead she just presses her face against Ubbe's fingers and lets his gentle touch erase the things she's worrying about for a moment. She grins at the smile on his face when he says he'll fight her again, he'll fight her until she makes him stronger, until he beats her. She grabs his hand for a moment and inspects the calluses on his hands, reading the story of the weapons he's handled and the training he's gone through, and she only shakes her head as she looks back at him, smiling. "Then we'll fight every day until you beat me, in a hundred years." She teases, squeezing his hand for a beat before releasing it. She's looking forward to fighting with Ubbe again. She knows he's good enough that he could fight in a shield wall although he hasn't yet, and she intends to be by his side. For that, they'll need to fight together often. To learn each other's quirks and habits to become a better fighting team.

And then they're talking about serious matters again, because today is not a day for laughter and fun. "Be careful, Ubbe. He might still be angry. Maybe take one of your other brothers?" She knows it's foolish to worry, but Bjorn is a legendary fighter who clearly has little control of his temper when he's drunk. She can't help but worry a bit for Ubbe's safety, although he doesn't seem bothered by the thought of talking to his brother. And why should he? They're brothers. But most of what Thora's seen from Bjorn has been violence and anger, with some small hints of tenderness and pain. She hates that she wants to help him, after how he's acted. But she does. She hates that the thought of Bjorn, the memory of last night, makes her pull back from her and Ubbe. She hates the small space between them, but Thora knows that right now it's for the best. She gives him a small smile when he says he would rather be thinking about kissing, too, and winks up at him. "Maybe when all this is sorted out...." She trails off with a shrug and looks up at him. Who can tell where this is headed?
Back to top Go down

Ubbe Ragnarsson
Ubbe Ragnarsson
Thegn

RPG SHEET
Viking profile

PostSubject: Re: The morning after [Thora] The morning after [Thora] EmptyFri Nov 10, 2017 9:11 pm

Being mean … it wasn’t in Ubbe his skillset, not as much as it was in Ivar his. From all his brothers, he and Hvitserk got the most of peace in their bodies, the calm ones but on the end also the childish ones from time to time. When she said she expected him to be mean he couldn’t do anything else then chuckle about it. If she wanted to see him mean she had a lot more to do then only smiling so beautifully. He was rather patience, not as easily stepped on his toes like Sigurd and Ivar always did, last night showed that. He could be angry with her for running after Björn but he didn’t. It would only evolve in more problems and he didn’t wanted that. Aside, if he would be mad about something, what good a ruler would he be in the future. ‘Why would being mean to you make me feel better.’ He stated with a small smirk, studying her face while shaking his head. He couldn’t be angry on her.

It was a Viking thing he guessed, to doubt your own strength from time to time. To don’t find themselves worthy after something happened, or they failed. He slowly looked back to Thora, not immediately jumping on her words. Besides, if she gave him a long good look she would already know the answer on her first words. His eyes trailed slowly up to the sky, thinking about the gods and it that way always about his father. ‘If they set your course here it is for a reason.’ He stated, looking back to her in a softly way. ‘Maybe it is their way on giving you a new start.’ He smiled, closing in while saying that. He was always a big optimist, but a realist way to often. His strong believe in the gods came from the many tails. The fact that his father left … he thought that it was because of them. And he hoped after time that they would bring Ragnar back. For that he needed to be patience, just as Thora had to be for her answers. Whatever the gods had planned for all of them, they had to wait, follow the little crumbles the gods left, hoping to find a much bigger destiny. It was a hard subject for Thora, he knew her already a little. She pressed her face closer in on his hands and he signed for himself, scouring his fingers over her soft skin. He didn’t say anything, he just let the feeling speak.

Fighting was all what Vikings did, aside drinking and getting tattoos. For that Ubbe wanted to be the best and it so happen that she was one of those shield maidens everybody would look up to. She didn’t only prove to be a good fighter, she also wasn’t from around here. What made her a different fighter. And Ubbe wanted to learn. He smiled at her when she said it would only take hundred years. ‘Lucky I’m such a fast learn or it would take you two hundred years.’ He fired her right back, looking down to the ground while chuckling. ‘No mean tricks next time.’ He stated, giving her a rather devilish smile before sitting up. It seemed that talking to her made it a little easier for him to let his head rest, it felt better, or at least he imagined himself it felt better. Despite he would need a little more sleep, for today he would survive.

This morning couldn’t stand it to be joyful for the both of them. When she pressed out her worries about Björn he looked down to the ground. ‘I can get angry to.’ He shrugged, like it was no big deal for him to be angry. He wanted to be angry, Björn was making a big mess of it. He hadn’t been heartbroken himself but if somebody would pass by and would look the same he wouldn’t act in this way. When she suggested to take one of his brothers he looked back up to her. ‘I’ll be fine. What could possible happen?’ He just said. Maybe he should ask Hvitserk to come but even with the two of them they wouldn’t be a match against Björn. So he would do it only by himself, hoping Björn would leave him in one peace to return back to Thora. The thoughts lowered his mood a little. He leaned back against the house and looked at Thora for a very long time, slowly nodding on her words. ‘Maybe.’ He just said, still looking at her. He signed and pushed himself of the cradle he was sitting on. ‘I should probably go check on the damage I made, I guess my mother won’t be all to pleased.’ He noticed, looking in the direction of the great hall before he turned to Thora, offering his hand to help her up. ‘You should catch some more sleep, this beautiful face needs it rest.’ He winked in a charming way.
Back to top Go down

Thora Haraldsdóttir
Thora Haraldsdóttir
Shield maiden

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: The morning after [Thora] The morning after [Thora] EmptySun Nov 12, 2017 1:20 pm

Thora raised her eyebrows when Ubbe asked why being mean to her would make him feel better. Because she'd caused all the problems, obviously, but Ubbe had already told her he didn't blame her. She guessed by his logic it made no sense for him to be mad at her, but even so she thought he had the right to be, if he chose. She doesn't answer, not wanting to go back into blaming when they'd already decided that was a waste of time. She's only grateful he isn't angry. She expected him to be angry when she found him. Maybe he was right about one thing though. Maybe the gods had set her here for a new start. She's managed to make a mess of things in the past few days, but before that things had been going very smoothly. She smiles up at him. "You're right. Ubbe the wise." she winks quickly, reaching up a hand to tug gently on his beard.

She looks mildly offended when he accuses her of mean tricks, but slowly that morphs into a wicked grin. "Mean tricks? And here I was thinking you liked that trick as much as I did." Her grin fades as he says that he can get angry too, and she shakes her head, looking thoughtfully up at him. "I fear your anger more than Bjorn's. Even the gods may flinch before a kind man's anger, because it is usually justified. Anger is a powerful fuel, but I hope it never fuels you." Her smile turns sad, slipping off her face, but her green eyes are steady. "But if it ever does, I won't run from your anger, Ubbe." She doesn't answer, only shakes her head and looks away, when he asks what could possibly ly happen if he's alone with Bjorn.

She's back to smiling when he says he has to go check on his damage, and she snorts. "You didn't make any damage, Ubbe." She wants to touch him again, to close the space between them, but she leaves it be. She's almost ashamed that she can think of touching him during a time like this, but she smiles when he tells her to get more rest. She stands, stretching as she does, and sighs. She considers Ubbe, his charming wink and easy smile, and finally her face cracks into a wide grin. Her cheeks are pink, even after last night, or maybe because of it, she's far from immune to his charm. "First I have to prove to my brother that I can throw an ax better than he can, but maybe after that." This time she doesn't give in to the urge to close the distance between them, her fingers gentle as they trail over it his cheek and then her hand drops to squeeze his shoulder. "Make sure you get some rest, too." She removes her hand and turns, quickly getting lost in the crowd.
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PROFIEL
RPG SHEET

PostSubject: Re: The morning after [Thora] The morning after [Thora] Empty

Back to top Go down
The morning after [Thora]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1