RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :
Place of birth : Skagen

Revenant Empty
PostSubject: Revenant Revenant EmptyFri Nov 17, 2017 11:37 pm

damned if i do
damned if i don’t.

Even when his day was supposed to be over, he was not done working. It was as if there was always something to do when he was around. The chores randomly spawned whenever he was walking by. This time he was told to clean up the docks after the shipbuilders had left. Because it was autumn, it got dark fairly early. He had to be careful not to trip over materials lying around, cluttering the work spaces. At least tugging on the heavy pieces of wood kept him warm. The sun was already setting and the breeze that was going through the bay, was quite cold as well. Even his warmest tunic couldn’t really protect him from the cold. And it wasn’t even winter yet. Oh well, he would make it through it, like he did every year. At least they were allowed to keep a fire going if it really got cold through the night. It wasn’t as if they were treating them like animals, right?

When he was almost finished, he happened to stumble across some tools that seemed way too expensive to be shared tools from the communal toolbox. When he picked them up, and inspected them more closely, he could see the initials FS. It didn’t take him long to figure out they had to belong to Freyja. A heavy sigh slipped over his lips. His day would go on a little while longer, so it seemed. If it had been anyone’s tools but Freyja’s, he would probably just leave them where he found them. But now.. Now he picked them up, carefully tucked them away in a piece of fabric and walked in the direction of the houses.

The houses were way more expensive looking than the shed he shared with some other thralls. With his dirty clothing, he almost seemed out of place here. So he hurried a bit, hoping he would knock on the right door. He had no idea if the huge family of sisters still lived in this house, but they had to. Otherwise he’d just ask for directions. With the bag of tools in his one hand, he knocked on the door with his other. His blue eyes followed the cracks in the wood for a bit. He took a deep breath. It had been a long time since he had spoken to any of the Stafnsdóttirs, except for Freyja. He wondered if they would still remember who he was, after all that time. He hoped it would be Freyja herself that would open the door, so he could just hand over the tools and leave. He still didn’t feel quite comfortable, and he tended to avoid these types of confrontation.

&Visna

Back to top Go down

Visna Stafnsdóttir
Visna Stafnsdóttir
Villager

PROFIELMessages : 60
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

Revenant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revenant Revenant EmptySat Nov 18, 2017 11:20 am

It was already the sunset. Visna and her mother were heading home from the shop where they had been for the whole day. It had been a rough day for Visna. She didn't really spent the day sewing as she wanted to do, but had to deal with some costumers. She hated when her mother made her do that, but if she was willing to take her mother's shop one day, she had to experience every part of the work, even the most annoying ones.
Halfway through their walk, Kara suddenly stopped, saying she’d forgot something back at the shop. The girl suggested she could go and take it home for her, but her mother insisted, so she just headed back home by herself.

When she entered her house, she was welcomed by her sisters, everyone being loud, as always. She huffed and shook her head. ”Where is mother?” Someone asked, but Visna couldn’t really tell who she was. ”She went back to the shop. She said she forgot something." She simply answered. She was pretty tired since she had to deal with customers complains for the whole day, so she just wanted to rest.

A knock on the door interrupted the girl who was heading towards her room to rest. Since she was the closest one to it, she turned around and opened the door to her mother. ”What did you forg-” That wasn’t her mother. A tall guy was standing in front of the door, holding a piece of fabric and something that looked pretty heavy and dirty tucked with it. ”Uhm.. Good evening. How can I help you?” She said cordially and smiled to the boy. She didn’t have any clue on why this guy could be knocking at her door. Was he looking for one of her sisters? ”Wait… She said, furrowing her eyebrows, looking closer at his face. ”Maurr?” She finally realised with a genuinely surprised tone. She haven’t seen him in years, but she was able to recognise him thanks to his blue eyes. They honestly weren’t easy to forget. ”It’s been such a long time!" She added, leaning closer to hug him. ”What can I do for you?” She asked again, more brightly this time while stepping back and ending the brief hug. "Woah, he's tall." The girl stated to herself in her mind.

Last edited by Visna Stafnsdóttir on Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:30 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://haukrhjarta.tumblr.com/

Maurr Ulfrsson
Maurr Ulfrsson
Thrall

PROFIELMessages : 42
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

Revenant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revenant Revenant EmptySat Nov 18, 2017 5:53 pm

damned if i do
damned if i don’t.

This neighbourhood wasn’t that strange to him, but he didn’t belong here anymore. He used to come here quite often, when he was a child. Playing hide and seek really helped with getting to know the area. He knew about all the little hiding spots, all the alleys and so on. Places to avoid as well, as adults usually weren’t too happy with yelling kids when they were trying to focus on work. He used to be comfortable around here. Now he felt like he should just turn around and run all the way back to the docks. His wooden shed might not be the best place to hide for the elements of nature, but it was home. In that aspect, his mother was more lucky than he was. As a female thrall, and an older woman, she could live in one of the rooms in the manor. It was alright though. He couldn’t imagine her surviving a winter in the shed he had to live in. He didn’t really have a good relationship with her, but he could be somewhat happy for her she had it better than he did.

When the door opened, as expected, she didn’t recognise him right away. He didn’t really know how to feel about it. Did he have to be sad? Offended? Maybe he was a bit lucky though. Now he could just hand over the tools and leave. But then a spark of epiphany was visible in her eyes. ”Maurr?” She exclaimed. ”Yes hi ehh-..”, He started, but then he was interrupted by the younger girl giving him a hug. Well, that was.. Unexpected? A bit confused he managed to wrap his arm around the small frame of her hips though. He didn’t want to be rude, but it was.. Kind of uncomfortable. It didn’t feel right for him to act like he was anything more than a thrall.

”What can I do for you?” She then asked. He lifted up the improvised bag with the tools. ”I found these while I was cleaning up. I think they belong to your sister”, He explained. He had no idea if she would recognise the tools, or if she possibly might go see if her sister could come out to confirm they were hers. But he was fairly sure. Hopefully she would appreciate his efforts. Not that he expected her to. It was kind of his job to do things like this anyways.

Back to top Go down

Visna Stafnsdóttir
Visna Stafnsdóttir
Villager

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

Revenant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revenant Revenant EmptySat Nov 18, 2017 8:36 pm

Visna, her sisters, Maurr and the other children that lived nearby, used to play right in those streets. She then haven’t seen him for years. At first she kept questioning the other kids about him, but the she didn’t get any news, so she just assumed he moved on with his life. Sometimes she still missed him, so having him right in front of her was great.

Her hug was spontaneous, but she immediately got the feeling that he was uncomfortable with it. Nevertheless, he still hugged her back, so that made her feel less stupid. They used to play with each other, physical contact wasn’t an issue back then, so Visna just reacted to him how she would’ve reacted when they were kids. ”I’m sorry,” She started, taking a step back and smiling awkwardly at him. ”I am just… Happy to see you that’s all.” The girl quickly explained her behaviour, then tried to laugh it off while scratching the back of her head.

”I found these while I was cleaning up. I think they belong to your sister” He said when she changed topic and asked him why he was visiting. She looked at the object he had in his hands and grabbed it. ”Oh, let me see.” She knew her sister’s tools since she spent days bragging about them and how nice they were. She unwrapped them and nodded. ”Yeah, they’re hers.” She murmured, then looked up to the guy once again. ”Thank you for coming all the way here, you didn’t have to.” She cordially smiled at him. ”It is almost dinner time, do you want to join us?” She added, voicing her sudden innocent thought. Visna just wanted to enjoy his company a little more, like the old times.
Back to top Go down

Maurr Ulfrsson
Maurr Ulfrsson
Thrall

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

Revenant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revenant Revenant EmptySun Nov 19, 2017 12:59 am

damned if i do
damned if i don’t.

It was pretty clear Visna hadn’t changed much. She was still this spontaneous, vibrant person. Not afraid to give him a hug either, so it seemed. It took him by surprise, as he was not used to someone voluntarily giving him some sort of affection. It wasn’t as if he didn’t like it though. It actually felt quite nice. But thanks to his hesitation, he made her feel uncomfortable too. She felt like she needed to explain herself. ”Oh no, don’t get me wrong, I’m happy to see you too”, He reacted, after which he looked down for a second, avoiding her gaze. ”It surprised me for a second”, He then shrugged. He looked up again, managed to pull up the corner of his mouth in a little genuine smile. He didn’t smile much, so that too felt a little weird, but he did mean it. To cover up the awkward moment, he held up the tools and revealed the reason that brought him to her door at this time of the evening.

”Oh, let me see.” Visna said, and he handed over the package. She took a look at the content and quickly confirmed they were Freyja’s. ”Thank you for coming all the way here, you didn’t have to.” She then said. ”It’s no problem, it was on my way home anyway”, He replied. That was actually a lie. He didn’t live anywhere near her house. It was just hard to admit to her he had changed. Everyone seemed to be so happy with their fate. No one complained. He was the only one who hated his ‘job’. Who struggled to adjust to his destiny.

”It is almost dinner time, do you want to join us?” She then asked, distracting himself from his own thoughts. Again, he was surprised. She didn’t have to ask him. Share their food. Winter was coming, and soon people would have to survive from their stockpile. But it would be nice to have a decent meal for once. Not go to bed with an empty stomach. ”I would love to but.. Wouldn’t your mother mind? Or your sisters?” He asked. He didn’t want to invade their privacy, or eat the food they would probably need when it got colder.

Back to top Go down

Visna Stafnsdóttir
Visna Stafnsdóttir
Villager

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

Revenant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revenant Revenant EmptySun Nov 19, 2017 9:42 pm

It was clear that Maurr was uncomfortable with the hug she gave him, but he was still kind and polite enough to tell her that it was only because she surprised him. Why didn’t he expect her to hug him after all those years? At least he said he was happy to see her, but she didn’t know if she could really believe in those words. She hoped that at least those were true though. The only thing Visna managed to do was a weak, awkward smile while nodding.

Luckily he covered the awkwardness with a change of the topic, helding up the tools he had in his hands and telling her he came to bring those back. How could Freyja forget those tools when she literally loved them that much? Building boats was her job and basically her whole life, it was so unusual of her to forget about such a thing as her important tools. She thanked him for bringing them here at their house. ”It’s no problem, it was on my way home anyway” He said then. Visna smiled at him, even though she wasn’t sure that those words were true. She hadn’t seen him in years and if he passed by her home everyday to get back to his own house then why she never saw him?

She didn’t say anything about that and instead invited him inside the house, asking him if he wanted to have dinner with them. For what she knew, everyone had to have dinner yet, but she wasn’t really sure. Visna had to eat for sure though, she was literally starving. ”I would love to but..” He started and Visna couldn’t hold back a smile. ”Wouldn’t your mother mind? Or your sisters?” The girl immediately shook her head from left to right vigorously. ”They probably already ate dinner, but I am starving. She said to him with a happy tone. ”So you will have to settle for me probably." The girl added with a giggle and then raised both shoulders. ”Come on in, these tools are heavy, I need to put them down." Visna pointed to the inside of the house with a brief movement of her head and pushed the door open with her back, then waited for him to enter the house.
Back to top Go down

Maurr Ulfrsson
Maurr Ulfrsson
Thrall

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

Revenant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revenant Revenant EmptyMon Nov 20, 2017 7:25 pm

damned if i do
damned if i don’t.

Apparently he was good in fucking things up. When they both were kids, hugging had never been an issue. Why did he make it an issue now? Instead of just hugging her back, he had flinched, and now she thought he didn’t like her hugs anymore. Which was not true at all! In fact, he had missed them a lot. He had missed her. But now he had ruined it, maybe beyond repair. He should just drop of the tools and go home. It would be better for the both of them. He didn’t want to make her feel bad again. She didn’t deserve that. If he knew anything about her, was that she was a kindhearted person and he was only lucky she still knew who he was and seemed to care about him in a way. Otherwise she wouldn’t have hugged him, right? Or was he overthinking it too much?

It was probably the case. She still invited him inside to have dinner. And even though he already felt bad about eating their provision. Plus, she wasn’t alone in the house. One of her sisters, or even her mother, might not be that happy if he was to walk in randomly. ”They probably already ate dinner, but I am starving." She said, trying to convince him to come in anyways. ”So you will have to settle for me probably." She continued. That was the final little push he needed. If it was just the two of them, it would be much calmer and he would be able to adjust quicker. ”Just you is fine”, He said, even with a little smile. Maurr walked inside when she opened the door further. The interior was mostly the same as he remembered it. ”This way, right?” He asked, pointing in the general direction of the room where the kitchen was.

Back to top Go down

Visna Stafnsdóttir
Visna Stafnsdóttir
Villager

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

Revenant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revenant Revenant EmptyWed Nov 22, 2017 10:38 pm

The fact that he wasn’t able to hug her back right away bugged her a little bit, but he being there was too much of a joy for the girl to be salty or angry at him more than ten literal seconds. She felt a little awkward, but seeing him, hearing him saying he was happy to see her, fixed everything. He fixed everything. Visna really hoped that her reaction wasn’t too exaggerated, because the last thing she wanted was him to feel uncomfortable with her.

She opened the door further and the boy walked in. ”Just you is fine.” He smiled and Visna couldn’t do anything but smile brightly back at him. ”This way, right?” The girl walked inside the house while nodding at him. ”You still remember.” She stated positively surprised. After all those years he still knew where things were in their house which was still the same. It looked like nothing had changed, when, actually, probably everything did. They weren’t kids anymore, Visna couldn’t even recognise him right away. He had changed a lot physically and the girl hoped that apart from that he was still the same. She still wanted him to feel like when they were kids towards her. Nothing more. She still wanted him to love her as he did before.

The tools were getting heavier so she just turned around and left them on the first piece of furniture she found, before turning back to him. ”Come on, let’s go eat.” She said with a smile and pointed to the kitchen direction with a nod of her head. She then instinctively grabbed his hand before heading to the room. Just few seconds after she realised what she had done, but taking her hand away would’ve lead to another awkward moment, and that wasn’t what she wanted. She entered the kitchen were, as expected, nobody was eating. ”Please take a seat.” She stated, turning around and smiling at him. ”Mother made a soup.” The girl added, casually letting go of his hand to go and grab a couple of bowls that she filled with the soup that was in a big pot. Visna then headed back to the table and placed both bowls on it before grabbing two spoons and giving one to the boy and taking a seat next to him.
Back to top Go down

Maurr Ulfrsson
Maurr Ulfrsson
Thrall

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

Revenant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revenant Revenant EmptyThu Nov 23, 2017 1:19 am

damned if i do
damned if i don’t.

Crisis avoided. They moved past the awkward part, and instead of sending him away, she invited him inside. It was hard for him to accept, but he couldn’t just say no and turn his back on her. Again. It felt wrong, so he walked inside instead. It had been years since he had been in a real house. He rarely had to go into the village to pick up stuff or to deliver messages. When that happened, he would never even cross the threshold. His shed only had one ‘room’ where he and the others would sleep. It wasn’t really a house. They just slept on the floor. They were lucky to have blankets, and when it started freezing, they were allowed to light a fire in a pit in the middle of the room. Walking in here also brought a weird feeling of nostalgia to him. He used to run into this house as if he was one of them. The place hadn’t changed much. He even remembered where the dining room was!

”You still remember.” Visna commented, and he smiled because of the enthusiasm in her voice. ”I do, vaguely”, He chuckled. ”Come on, let’s go eat.” She said, and out of nowhere she grabbed his hand. He was more prepared for it now though, so after the initial sudden touch, he kind of automatically held on to hers as well. ”Please take a seat.” She said when they had arrived in the kitchen. ”Mother made a soup.” She let him know. ”Soup sounds really nice”, He said, and he really meant it. The only thing the thralls got to eat was some cooked fish and bread. If they were lucky, the fish was freshly cooked. During the winter they were promised one hot meal a day, but their owner tended to forget that promise. When he got the bowl in front of him, he almost started drooling. ”This smells so good”, He noted, quietly. Did she even realise how rare this moment was for him? Probably not.

Maurr took a spoon full of soup and stuffed it in his mouth after blowing on it softly. It wasn’t that hot anymore, because the pot had been standing on a low fire for a while. But it didn’t matter. It was still so much better than what he had expected to eat tonight. ”So, what have you been up to lately? It feels like I don’t even know what’s going on in this village anymore”, He asked. He had no idea what she did for a living. He knew Sofie had started her training to become a shield maiden, but he couldn’t remember Visna doing the same. Probably because she didn’t. Which left him thinking about what she could have chosen to learn as a job. If he would have had a choice, he would have done the same as Sofie, to be honest. But instead he was a thrall, and he would be one for the rest of his life.

Back to top Go down

Visna Stafnsdóttir
Visna Stafnsdóttir
Villager

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

Revenant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revenant Revenant EmptySun Nov 26, 2017 4:16 pm

After his first reaction, Visna wasn’t really sure he would accept having dinner with her. She asked because she really wanted to spend more time with him, but she almost immediately pictured the boy saying he was sorry and that he couldn’t stay. When he agreed and entered her house, she couldn’t hold back her smile nor her excitement, so she instinctively grabbed his hand. Just few seconds later, she felt her small hand being held back by his bigger one and her heart skipped a beat. Why was she feeling so excited? It wasn’t like they never held each other’s hands before. The girl tried to hold back a little giggle but she failed miserably. She had missed it. She had missed him.

She announced the menu for the night, hoping it was good enough for him. ”Soup sounds really nice.” His voice was clear and gave her the feeling that he meant what he was saying. That four brief words gave her a little hope. Maybe he wasn’t so different after all. Maybe he didn’t change that much as she thought he did. The girl hurried and gave him the soup. ”This smells so good” He said those words quietly, but she could still hear him while she was grabbing the spoons. Once she handed him one of the two spoons, Visna sat down and then brought her spoon full of soup to her mouth almost at the same time he did. It wasn’t too hot, so she could taste better the flavour and she had to admit it, Kara knew how to cook.

”So, what have you been up to lately? It feels like I don’t even know what’s going on in this village anymore” The boy interrupted the silence between them and Visna shrugged her shoulders. ”I work with mother at her shop.” She simply said after swallowing the soup. ”I am pretty good at it.” She then added with a smirk and winked at him. ”What about you? I know you work with Freyja at the docks. Are you her apprentice?” She asked him lightly before eating another spoon of soup. She sometimes heard Freyja talking about him working at the docks with her, but she never actually mentioned what he exactly did, so the girl just assumed he was learning how to build ships.
Back to top Go down

Maurr Ulfrsson
Maurr Ulfrsson
Thrall

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

Revenant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revenant Revenant EmptyWed Nov 29, 2017 3:10 am

damned if i do
damned if i don’t.

After the initial awkwardness, he adjusted pretty quickly to how spontaneous she was. She didn’t seem to mind they hadn’t seen each other for years. She still hugged him and grabbed his hand. It came so naturally, and he was kind of in awe. It felt like he was thrown back to his childhood, when everything was not as complicated as today. He felt more in touch with himself than he had in a while. When she giggled, he could feel his chest warm up. A light chuckle rolled over his lips as well. Her good vibes were putting him in a better mood as well and it showed. Lately, he didn’t laugh much. There was not a lot to be happy about. But now he was. He was happy to have found Freyja’s tools, and happy Visna was the one to have opened the door when he knocked on it. Sitting at the table, casually having a conversation and eating soup, almost made him forget about the harsh way of life he had to deal with every day. As if she blocked that part of him out by just being herself.

His question was a logical one, but it would get him into trouble. ”I work with mother at her shop.” She replied. ”I am pretty good at it.” She then said, with a little wink. "I bet you are", He chuckled. He just had another spoon of soup when she asked her next question. ”What about you? I know you work with Freyja at the docks. Are you her apprentice?” She said, and he choked on his soup. He could barely hold back the tears when he coughed pretty intense. She didn't know. Oh no. Oh no no no, this was bad. When he finally was able to stop coughing, he stared at her blankly for a couple of seconds. ”Nobody told you?” He asked, still quite baffled by the fact she had no idea he was not an apprentice, but a thrall.

Maurr put down the spoon and folded his hands in his lap. He pinched at his own skin for a second, after which he sighed softly. ”I ehh.. I’m a thrall, because my mother is one too”, He confessed, as he braced himself for her reaction. Would she judge him? Would she suddenly regret inviting him in? At this point, he felt like he had been hiding it from her. As if he had been lying to her. And it made him feel even more bad. ”I’m sorry, I really thought you knew”, He said quietly. ”If you want me to go I’d understand”, He continued, finally focussing his blue eyes back on her.

Back to top Go down

Visna Stafnsdóttir
Visna Stafnsdóttir
Villager

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

Revenant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revenant Revenant EmptyMon Dec 04, 2017 11:02 pm

The mood switched pretty fast, from their initial awkwardness, they were able to act like they were completely comfortable with each other within seconds. Her giggle made him chuckle and Visna’s heart warmed up. She felt like he never left her and she was glad that their relationship was still strong as it was once.

Maurr asked about her life now and what she was doing for a living, and Visna was more than happy to update him with her stories. ”I bet you are” The boy said after the girl winked at him. The chuckle that came afterwards caused a little laugh to escape from the girl’s mouth. The atmosphere was light and lovely, Visna couldn’t help but smile continuously, for everything he did or say. With the same light heart she asked him how his life was, but she obtained a weird reaction from him. She didn’t expect him to literally choke on his soup, she didn’t expect his black stare straight at her face. ”Nobody told you?” Visna furrowed her eyebrows. Of course her sisters talked about Maurr working at the docks, but that was it. She really couldn’t understand what was wrong in her question, so she stared blankly back at him. ”Was there something to tell?” She said with her voice lowering towards the end of the question.

His movements were more and more weird to her. His head was lowered down and his hands were on his lap. Visna captured every single movement he made with his hands and could feel the uneasiness. ”But why?” She asked to herself in her mind, before being interrupted by a soft sigh coming from Maurr. ”I ehh.. I’m a thrall, because my mother is one too” The world froze at those words. How come she didn’t know anything about it? She felt so awful because she really didn’t want to come up with such a question, she realised why it was so hard for him to answer only after she heard how bad the answer was. Her mind was blank, she couldn’t think of anything apart from the fact that one of her best childhood friends was in fact a thrall. It was so unfair. Why there was such a difference between people? She always considered Maurr as her equal and she surely will keep considering him the same, that was a certainty.

The boy’s voice broke her thoughts and the silence that fell between the two of them. ”I’m sorry, I really thought you knew” Visna furrowed her eyebrows once again. Why was he even apologizing? ”If you want me to go I’d understand” Those words made the girl jump from her seat. She saw his eyes in hers and couldn’t help but moving quickly towards him. It was automatic, she wasn’t even thinking about what she was doing. The boy was still seated and Visna sat on her knees next to his chair to look at him closely. Her hand moved by itself towards his cheek and she softly touched it, her gaze piercing through his eyes. ”Do not even think about it.” Her voice was firm but gentle. She grabbed one of his hands with her free one and held it tight. She wanted him to feel that she wasn’t afraid to be next to him, that she still wanted him close to her, that she still loved him and that his status didn’t change her feelings towards him. Visna inhaled sharply from her nose. ”You know that I don’t care, right?” She asked seriously, her voice had a softer touch to it. ”You know that this doesn’t change the fact that I still love you, right?” Visna really hoped that those words were words he wanted to hear. She felt so stupid for asking him such a question, but maybe thanks to that, she got to understand what mattered. That boy was important to her.
Back to top Go down

Maurr Ulfrsson
Maurr Ulfrsson
Thrall

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

Revenant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revenant Revenant EmptyWed Dec 06, 2017 3:45 am

damned if i do
damned if i don’t.

The casual conversation they got going soon got interrupted by a question he should have seen coming. He had started this subject and kind of assumed she was aware of his ‘profession’. So he hadn’t expected she would return the question to him. He choked on his soup and coughed a couple of times to get rid of the tickling feeling in his throat. Then came the horrid moment where he had to tell her the truth. He felt very vulnerable, and above all scared. What if she would get mad at him? What if she didn’t want to associate with people like him at all? It scared him so much, as he suddenly realised how bad he would feel if she decided to kick him out. They had just tried to reconnect, after a long time of not talking, and it felt like they had spent every day together. Even Maurr knew that had to mean something. With her he could feel like a human, not just a tool or property. But maybe that would change now.

The silence in between them almost hurt him physically. He was getting more nervous by the second, and he tensed up without controlling it. It was his defence mechanism kicking in, trying to trigger the fight-or-flight reflex. He couldn’t just bolt out though. So he asked her if she wanted him to go. He would understand if she said yes. He wouldn’t discuss the matter, he wouldn’t refuse. She seemed to be surprised by his words. She immediately jumped up and ran over to him in a few steps. He didn’t see it coming, so he kind of froze on the spot as she knelt down and grabbed his hands. His blue eyes met hers, as they were locking his. ”Do not even think about it.” She said, firmly, not allowing any protest. ”You know that I don’t care, right?” She then said, after which she continued. ”You know that this doesn’t change the fact that I still love you, right?”

Again, his heart seemed to stop, but this time not in a bad way. Even though he could feel his cheeks glow softly while they were turning red. He didn’t know if she really meant to say it like that. Still, it didn’t happen a lot someone actually showed some type of affection to him. So naturally, he started to tear up. He gently pulled his hand away from hers to rub his eyes until he was sure no drop would escape. He exhaled softly. He wished she could be closer to him, but he didn’t dare to just touch her without her permission. ”Can I get another hug, please?” He therefore asked, his voice shaking a bit with the emotions he was feeling. He just wanted to hold her tight for a while, but only if she agreed to that of course.

Back to top Go down

Visna Stafnsdóttir
Visna Stafnsdóttir
Villager

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

Revenant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revenant Revenant EmptyThu Dec 07, 2017 12:17 am

The quickness with which Visna reacted to his words completely opposed to the slow and thrilling mood the boy created when he was hesitating to answer her question. She acted out of instinct, without thinking about what she was doing, so she only hoped she was doing the right thing. The words she said slipped out of her mouth directly from her heart and exactly as they should’ve come out.

They both had lost each other for years. She didn’t know why he left in the first place, but the thing that she thought about the most during those years, was that he could’ve not been well. The realisation that her worse thought was true, put a stone on her heart and made it fell at her feet. She needed to feel him close once again and she wanted him to know that she was there for him, so she caressed his cheek and grabbed his hands while talking.

Visna felt relieved when he didn’t pull back from her touch at first, but his hands slipping away from hers, thrilled her once again. She raised her gaze to meet his, only to understand he was wiping away tears from his beautiful eyes. She wished she had noticed it before he wiped them away by himself, she wanted to comfort him as best as she could. ”Can I get another hug, please?” Those words made her heart skip a beat, making her believe that he wasn’t crying out of pain, that probably those tears were out of a positive emotion, even if she couldn’t give a name to it.

She got up from her knees, moving slowly, unlike when she moved from her seat when he first spoke. Visna inhaled, a gentle smile formed on her lips when she grabbed again his hands kindly and put them around her waist. At the same time she sat on his lap and put her arms around his neck, starting holding him tight. ”Please, never ask me such questions again.” She whispered gently while tears started forming in the back of her eyes. She hated that he thought he needed her permission to touch her. ”Just know that the answer is always yes.” She then said, before hiding her face in the space between his neck and his shoulder. Few tears escaped her eyes and she sniffled quietly. She didn’t know why she was crying, the only thing she knew was that she loved the warmth he was giving her. She couldn't name any of the emotions she was feeling, but she liked them.
Back to top Go down

Maurr Ulfrsson
Maurr Ulfrsson
Thrall

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

Revenant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revenant Revenant EmptyTue Dec 12, 2017 3:06 am

damned if i do
damned if i don’t.

Their casual conversation had turned into an emotional rollercoaster. He hadn’t meant for it to take this turn, but it just happened. For a moment, he had no idea what to do or say. As per usual, he was completely dependant on her reaction. He didn’t know if she would judge him, or kick him out, or maybe even get mad at him for not telling her earlier. He was also scared he would lose her again. All those worries were unnecessary though. Quickly she reassured him she wouldn’t think of him any different now that she knew. She also promised it didn’t matter at all. It was hard for him to believe her, even though he could see she was genuine by the way she was looking at him. And again he wished he could just be normal, the shipbuilder apprentice she thought he was. So this whole thing wouldn’t be as complicated. She deserved someone better and it would take a long time before he would ever think otherwise. For now, he just enjoyed her gentle touch, her soft words and her attempts to make him feel better. It was so much effort and she didn’t even have to do this. But she did, and it touched his heart.

Not a lot of people ever did something for him without expecting him to pay them back in some kind of way. These types of gestures usually only came from his mother, and he hadn’t seen her in a long time. Since he had been sent off to the harbour, they had been separated. He didn’t even know if she was still healthy and safe. Not many people cared about thralls. But Visna did, or at least she wanted him to know that. Maurr was overwhelmed with emotions, and the urge to hold her close again. He didn’t dare to just pull her in his lap though. He never assumed he was allowed to do anything. So he did what he always did. He asked her for permission.

Immediately, she got up, but this time she was moving way slower. When she grabbed his hands and put them around her waist, he felt relieved. She sat down and he wrapped his arms tighter around her. She snuggled up against him and he softly inhaled her scent. It was so familiar but also so new. It wasn’t weird or awkward though. It just felt normal. It felt right. ”Please, never ask me such questions again.” She said, and he could hear how her voice was clouded with emotions too. ”Just know that the answer is always yes.” She continued. He just nodded softly, completely speechless by her gesture. When he heard her sniffle, he squeezed her a bit harder for a second. ”Don’t cry”, He said. ”You’re okay, everything is okay”, He continued softly, while rubbing her back gently.

Back to top Go down

Visna Stafnsdóttir
Visna Stafnsdóttir
Villager

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

Revenant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revenant Revenant EmptyThu Dec 14, 2017 1:16 am

If that was the Gods’ will, she just wanted to curse them. She knew their fate was already decided by the Gods since the birth, but that was just not fair. Visna realised that her thoughts were the ones of a little child, that she had to face the situation maturely, but her only thoughts navigated towards one word; hate. She hated that he was born a thrall, she hated that she wasn’t aware of that, she hated that she asked him. She hated feeling powerless in front of that situation and she hated how he felt more powerless than her. She hated him for asking her permission just to hug her, she hated herself for making him think she had to ask for her permission.

In the midst of all that hate, the only positive and probably strongest thought she had, was how fond she was of him. She couldn’t understand why, but seeing him once again, after all those years, affected her in a weird way, that she didn’t know whether it was good or not. Too many different emotions were crossing her mind, Visna just felt confused about herself, about him, about this whole situation. She slowly sat on his lap, silently fulfilling his request and that was when she knew that the only certainty she had was that she wanted to be there. Right on his lap, with her arms around his neck and his arms around her waist. Holding each other close, giving each other strength. Her tears started running through her cheeks as if they had their own will as she didn’t even felt them at first. The girl simply felt overwhelmed by those many opposite emotions crashing over one another.

Unlike her, he immediately realised she was crying and tightened up his grip a little. ”Don’t cry” His voice was so close yet felt so far away. ”You’re okay, everything is okay” His touch was gentle on her back as his voice continued reassuring her. It was so stupid and childish of her. She wasn’t supposed to act like that, yet there she was, crying in the arms of a boy who just told her he was a thrall since he was born. Who always had the hardest of the lives anyone could have and yet he still had the strength to reassure her, to be by her side even if she was having a breakdown when she didn’t have to.

Visna inhaled deeply and quietly, feeling his scent before pulling back from the hug to look at him in the eyes. Her hands moved to his cheeks, her thumbs caressing lightly his skin. The girl smiled, but that curve on her lips didn’t have much of a real and happy smile. She nodded at his words and pressed her forehead against his. ”Yes, everything is okay.” She repeated his words almost in a whisper, then pulled back again, locking her eyes in his once more.
Back to top Go down

Maurr Ulfrsson
Maurr Ulfrsson
Thrall

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

Revenant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revenant Revenant EmptyFri Dec 29, 2017 12:22 am

damned if i do
damned if i don’t.

Maurr had never been one to talk much, or be good with words in general. He was quiet most of the time, especially because he wasn’t always allowed to speak. Keeping his thoughts to himself was how he survived. There had been a time where he had sometimes argued with his master, but that had never turned out great for him. Right now, he wanted to speak, but he couldn’t come up with the right words. His throat felt as if someone was choking him. His heart felt like it could explode any minute. So many feelings were rushing through him and he had no idea on what to focus. He was happy and sad at the same time. He couldn’t express it though. He had never been good with words. But sometimes one didn’t need words to communicate. With her permission, he just held her, stroking her back as she was apparently overwhelmed by emotions as well.

It was a very weird position to be in, but he wouldn’t say a word about it. He wouldn’t judge her. If she felt the need to cry, then it was her right to do so. He also wanted to be there for her, trying to make her calm down again. It was his fault she was crying anyways, so he might at least do an attempt to reassure her. It seemed like it was working, luckily. She pulled herself back, and he let her go, although he moved his hands to her hips now. She touched him ever so lightly, shooting him a weak smile. ”Yes, everything is okay.” She echoed his words softly. For a second they just sat in silence, as he was looking up a bit to catch her gaze.

Of course he was in doubt now. His heart was basically screaming to kiss her, but his mind was too occupied with the consequences again. For once, he wanted his heart to win though. He already had a shitty life. It couldn’t really get any worse. So why not take the leap? Risk it all, as he had nothing to lose anyways. He would regret it forever if he didn’t do it. His blue eyes dropped down a bit, looking at her lips now. Slowly he minimised the distance in between them, closing his eyes as soon as his lips softly touched hers. It was still a bit hesitant, but he kissed her. He kissed her. After a few moments he let go of her. Again, he waited for any type of reaction, hoping it would be as positive as the last one.

Back to top Go down

Visna Stafnsdóttir
Visna Stafnsdóttir
Villager

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

Revenant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revenant Revenant EmptyWed Jan 03, 2018 10:43 pm

The whole evening had been a rollercoaster of emotions. She couldn’t hold back any longer and started crying on Maurr’s shoulder, for which Visna was extremely glad. He was the one having the worst life, but was still there to comfort her nonetheless. His shoulders, his arms around her body, his touch, everything was telling her that he was there to support her and the only thing she wanted was to be able to support him as well, to be strong with him, to be strong for him.

They hadn’t seen each other for years, but seeing him again that night, ignited a spark, a feeling she didn’t realise when she was younger. She cared for him, she knew he was one of the best things of her life, but couldn’t understand how deeply she felt that until now. Now that they were so close to each other and physical contact felt like oxygen. Now that words, reason, social status and other’s opinions didn’t matter at all. Now that the only things that mattered were the two of them. It was true, everything was okay.

Visna’s forehead was pressed against his for a while and when she pulled back a little to look at him, she could literally hear his thoughts roaming in his head, his brain working like a machine. He was conflicted, she knew it. To her surprise, his eyes dropped down to look at her lips and she couldn’t help but do the same. Their faces were so close and were slowly getting closer. Eventually, he cut the distance between their lips and softly touched hers with his. Her heart skipped a bit and then immediately started beating faster, she felt like it was trying to rip her chest apart. Maybe she really cared for him more than a friend should care for another friend. Maybe it was about time she opened up her heart to someone and she needed to face this weird and new feelings, accept them, learn to live with them, because she knew it wasn’t going to be easy. But he was worth it. He definitely was.

As soon as the girl felt the boy pulling back, she opened her eyes and locked them with his. Her tears were still wet on her face, but they weren’t running down her cheeks anymore. Her heart was still pounding in her chest, her breath a little short. Her mind was blank and the only thing she could think about was his lips on hers. How soft they felt, how shy and hesitant they were and how short the kiss was. Her instinct, her brain, her heart, every cell in her body was urging her to get close to him again, to kiss him once more. With her hands that were already cupping his cheeks, Visna pulled him close and pressed her lips on his once again in a deeper kiss. She moved one of her hands at the back of his head and tangling her fingers in his hair she pulled him even closer. She felt like the distance between them was too much, she needed it to disappear and feeling him this close felt just right.
Back to top Go down

Maurr Ulfrsson
Maurr Ulfrsson
Thrall

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

Revenant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revenant Revenant EmptyWed Jan 10, 2018 6:07 pm

damned if i do
damned if i don’t.

What if he made a terrible mistake? For a moment he looked at her, trying to say something, but he was speechless. The thought crossed his mind that he had crossed a line. A thrall wasn’t supposed to talk to anyone who wasn’t another thrall. They were to befriend the other thralls, if they were not fighting each other for the last warm fur at night. And yet here he was, sitting in the house where he had spent a lot of his childhood but didn’t really belong. On his lap, one of the daughters of the woman who had fed him when his own mother couldn’t afford to buy bread. As his mother before him, he had no property, no job, no money. There was nothing else to give her than his heart. Her mother must’ve had something else in mind for her. A strong warrior, maybe. Or a boatbuilder, like her late husband. Even another villager would be a better option, and now he was kissing her.

His heartbeat, that had been higher thanks to the rush of adrenaline and feelings, now seemed to stop completely while he was waiting for her reaction. He wanted to say something, do something, but he was completely frozen. His blue eyes were focused on her and he was about to sit back and take some distance from her. But then she pulled him closer, her hand reached for the back of his head and kept him in place when she kissed him again. This time, he didn’t worry about anything anymore, which made him enjoy the experience even more. He pulled her closer, shifting his body a bit so they would touch more.

A little bit out of breath he pulled back again, but he kept her firmly in place. He looked up to her, with a smile on his face. For the first time in forever he felt happy. A nice and warm feeling in his chest, that was spreading throughout his whole body. It was a fragile feeling though. At any moment, it could collapse again. ”Are you sure about this?” He asked softly. The fact that she had kissed him back, was the proof he needed. But he wanted to hear her say it out loud. Loving her would be easy. Loving himself enough to be confident she would love him back, not so much.

Back to top Go down

Visna Stafnsdóttir
Visna Stafnsdóttir
Villager

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

Revenant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revenant Revenant EmptySat Feb 03, 2018 8:52 pm

The only sounds that could be heard in that room were their breaths, but Visna felt like her heart pounding was as loud as a drum. Maurr’s thoughts were pretty loud too and she could read in his expression that he wasn’t exactly sure about what he just did. Was it because of his status? Visna figured he probably felt like he shouldn’t even be there, but there he was nonetheless, and so was she, right on his lap. It didn’t feel wrong to her, but deep in her heart, she knew that was exactly what was holding him back.

He looked like he was about to say something, as if he really wanted to speak to her, but it was pretty clear he couldn’t find anything to say. Afterall, it was Visna’s turn to reply to his silent confession and she chose to speak through her actions, just as Maurr did few moments before. She kissed him again holding him tight and when he kissed her back, she could feel he was a lot more at ease in the way he was pulling her closer to him. The way their bodies were touching now wasn’t that much different, but now that she could actually feel him so close, she felt a fire bursting in her heart.

How could that be wrong? How could feeling this way be forbidden? Visna knew that Maurr was the only one that could ever make her feel what she was feeling and for how much difficult that would be, she wasn’t going to give up on him anytime soon. When he pulled back again, the girl’s breath was short and her heart beating so fast wasn’t helping her catching it back. She noticed how he didn’t ease his grip on her, keeping her close, and she gladly didn’t do anything to pull back further than what she already did.

He broke the silence in which they had been for quite some time now. ”Are you sure about this?” His voice was a lot softer than the last time the girl heard it and that fueled the flame that was still burning strongly in her chest and was now spreading throughout her whole body. Was he really asking that, though? For a moment Visna felt like she was dreaming, like everything was perfect, but his question brought her back from the clouds she was dreaming on, to a more difficult reality; the one they lived in. The girl’s expression turned from ecstatic to a more serious one, but she didn’t lose her calm nor her confidence in her own feelings. She nodded firmly, locking her eyes in his. ”I am sure. Absolutely.” Her voice was a little raspy, but to her ears, her words sounded like the most concrete truth she had ever spoken. She wanted to say more, she wanted to reassure him that nothing and nobody was going to make her change her mind, but all she could do was lose herself in his eyes once again. The room fell in a silence that didn’t feel like one, their words were still roaming and echoing through the air that was surrounding them, an air that was loaded with a silent promise, one that Visna wasn’t going to break easily.
Back to top Go down

Maurr Ulfrsson
Maurr Ulfrsson
Thrall

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

Revenant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revenant Revenant EmptyThu Feb 08, 2018 2:49 am

damned if i do
damned if i don’t.

His heart and mind were in a constant battle with each other and there was no way to stop it. He tried really hard to let go of his thoughts. He wanted it really badly, not only for himself but also for her. To prove that he was as much into this as she was. He wanted to show her he had the same dedication. It just wasn’t as easy as he had hoped. The last thing he wanted, was to disappoint her. So he had to let his heart win. His feelings for her were undeniable. Whenever he would see her from a distance he would feel his heart skip a beat. His mind would linger to her at night, sometimes, when he couldn’t sleep. Or she was the reason he failed to drift of. He had never really figured out what it meant, but now he knew. Now it made sense. It was what people would call a crush, and he had it for a while now, without even realising.

For so long, he had suppressed those feelings. Because he was not supposed to have them in the first place. It could get them both in trouble. It was still possible that it would at some point. If not with her mother, then with his owner or maybe even the earl. And he would not be able to protect her. There was nothing he could say or do to justify him being with her. But at this point, that was the only thing he wanted. He needed to be sure if she felt the same way though. Because if he was to dive into this head first, take a leap of faith, then he would need someone to hold his hand. Figuratively speaking. He needed just a little bit of confirmation that he wouldn’t have to do this on his own.

”I am sure. Absolutely.”

Her words brought a little smile to the corners of his mouth and tears to his eyes. Again. Dear Odin he had cried a lot this evening. ”I’m sorry I’m just.. Overwhelmed”, He softly chuckled, in an attempt to lighten up the mood a bit. Both for his sake as hers. He rubbed the back of his hand against his eyes for a second, forcing back the tears again. She had just blessed him with the greatest gift. And he was happy. For sure he was. There was just so much going on at the same time, a storm of emotions he couldn’t calm down. Maybe he shouldn’t have to try. Maybe this storm was normal. Maybe she was feeling the same. ”I’m so glad you opened that door tonight”, He hummed softly, tracing the tips of his finger across her cheek towards her neck. How such a small event could change so much.

Back to top Go down

Visna Stafnsdóttir
Visna Stafnsdóttir
Villager

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

Revenant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revenant Revenant EmptyTue Feb 20, 2018 11:53 pm

Her mind was loaded with thoughts, emotions, sentences she wanted to say but couldn’t find her voice to do so, and at the same time, she felt like she couldn’t think, she felt like her mind was blank. She never liked when a situation was out of her control, but this time everything felt different, new, right. Her heart, pounding so hard in her chest, was telling her to trust her feelings. Those same feelings, that she didn’t know she had that same morning, now were her only certainty. Before seeing him that night, before opening that door, she didn’t realise how many times she thought of him during the years they spent apart from each other. But once her eyes met his, the little fire she had burning in her heart for him, started burning more and more stronger.

She spent her whole life looking at him as a friend, but now she knew he wasn’t just that. She realised she cared about him in a way she never cared about anyone else, and even though she knew they were taking a risk, she was sure he was the only risk she was always going to take. They lived in two different worlds, but when they were together, they were in their own dimension. They weren’t those same kids they once were, they were wounded and not so innocent anymore. Visna had lost her father, while Maurr lived one of the hardest lives only because he was born in it. But the girl knew that they could fix one another, that they were meant to be strong for each other. It was with those thoughts in her mind that she told him she was absolutely sure about them.

Maurr’s reaction was a little unexpected to the girl, she saw his eyes getting watery and couldn’t stop hers to do so as well. One, two, three tears running down her cheeks and she wasn’t even sure about the reason why that was happening. A slight smile on her lips, she dried out the tears from Maurr’s cheeks with her thumbs before giggling a little at his words. Overwhelmed was exactly how she was feeling, and she was glad she wasn’t the only one with all those emotions running through her head and her heart as well. She couldn’t find her voice to say something back to him. The only thing she could do was stare in his eyes, unable to hold back her smile. They were crying, but she was happy and finally free of expressing her feelings. Holding them back for so long, ignoring them, brought her to deal with them all at the same time and somehow she felt like he was in the same mental state she was in. ”I’m so glad you opened that door tonight”. Her thoughts were interrupted by his voice, his words making her heart racing once again, his fingers leaving a warm sensation on her skin. ”I’m glad you chose to walk through it.” She said with a soft tone, feeling like she was about to melt under his touch.
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PROFIEL
RPG SHEET

Revenant Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revenant Revenant Empty

Back to top Go down
Revenant
View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum