Halstein Toresson
Hersir

PROFIELMessages : 10
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :
Place of birth : SKAGERRAK

Fresh Blood -Steinar Empty
PostSubject: Fresh Blood -Steinar Fresh Blood -Steinar EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 11:51 am

Halstein had woken up to do this normal routine for the day, push whatever women that had spent the night in his bed out, and get ready for a long morning of training. He had to train himself, and then go about training all the other warriors in the village. This took up a large chunk of his time because were always so many people who thought they could be warriors. Skagerrak was long that they had so many people who wanted to fight and become vikings, or shield maidens. However some were just not cut out for it, they were too weak minded, too weak willed to survive his training routines. That was how Holstein weeded the weak out, he trained them unit their breaking point, if they only grew stronger from that, then he kept them, ranked them up. If they broke and quite, well then those were not the type of people he wanted fighting beside him. For as much as he could try, he would never be able to make training like a real raid. You would never be able to predict all of the things that could and would happen on a raid, but you could while training.

After a while you could watch someone enough and learn their every move. In a raid, you are fighting against people you have never met before, people who grew up completely different lives then you. So there for they would fight differently as well. To top it all off, he couldn't have weaklings that would pause for the deaths around them. He watched his own father die, and instead of pausing, he killed everyone in his path. Including the man who took his father away from him. He had lost control that day, but it had showed his real strength. He didn't rank up so young, and so quickly for no reason at all. He did it from dedication and his hard work. If he was able to show that to his other viking comrades, then they would want to push themselves more and more.

Once his training was done, he liked to sit on the sidelines and watch as some of the others finished up as well, to be around for a little bit if they needed him at all for something. Then when that was over he spoke to the Earl about new raiding plans, however with his Earl missing, he couldn't do that for now. He was not going to bother the Earls wife, not while she had to be struggling with the fact that her husband was missing. Once things calmed down a little more, he would go and speak with her. To see what she was going to want, and how he would be able to help her. Halstein got up was was just about to make his way toward home. So he could clean himself, and then go about maybe finding a women to share his bed with him when he felt someone touching his arm."Can I help you?" he asked before he turned around to see just who was touching him."Words are a great way of getting someones attention too, instead of touching a seasoned warrior" he corrected them as he turned around fully to see who it was."What is it you need?" he said lastly as he looked at the person in front of him.
Back to top Go down

Steinar Sigurdsson
Steinar Sigurdsson
Huskarl

PROFIELMessages : 9
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :
Place of birth : Skagen

PostSubject: Re: Fresh Blood -Steinar Fresh Blood -Steinar EmptyFri Jan 05, 2018 3:50 pm

Steinar’s patient, old eyes glared over the training field. He could lively remember, when he had been the one who was facing the experienced vikings, instead of being the experienced viking himself. Over the years, he had forgotten how many young boys and girls he had trained, but he did remember the ones that had grown out to be successful warriors. With his teeth he bit down on the wooden pipe that was in his mouth, and watched Halstein as he moved around the training field. He was like a raging storm, sometimes a little bit too rough, but after all a good trainer. He reminded Steinar much of himself when he was younger. But over time he had changed so much, that he couldn’t stand certain parts about the young man. Just a much as he couldn’t stand the old parts from himself, that he always tried to hide so desperately.

A certain amount of time passed by, and Steinar was still observing the training fields, smoking his pipe and leaning down onto a wooden fence. His presence wasn’t very striking, over time he had learned how to blend in with the background and the people without being seen as strange. But then, when Halstein made that one movement, that one typical movement, Steinar knew that he was done training. He knew everybody’s behavior, sometimes even better than they knew it themselves. Steinar straightened his back, emptied his pipe and shoved it in his pocket. At the same time he saw one of the Frú’s heading towards the broad man who was sitting on the sideline. As Steinar came in closer, he could overhear their conversation. Or at least the words that Halstein said. ”Words are a great way of getting someones attention too, instead of touching a seasoned warrior.” The big man turned around to the much smaller girl, and Steinar could see how she almost sunk through the ground. Obviously frightened because of the way Halstein had spoken to her. ”What is it you need?” He heard him last say, and then Steinar knew it was time to step in. ”Halstein.” He said, with his rough voice to draw his attention. Then he stepped towards both him and the little girl. For a second he stared into the younger girl’s eyes, and immediately she knew that she had to go. So without any further word, she joined her friends and walked away from the training field. Steinar looked after the girl a little longer, before he turned his eyes to the other Hersir. ”Have you seen Gerolf lately?” He said and inhaled a breeze of cold air. His absence was being noticed, or at least by Steinar. And there was just something that didn’t felt right. Skagerrak was changing.

Back to top Go down

Halstein Toresson
Halstein Toresson
Hersir

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: Fresh Blood -Steinar Fresh Blood -Steinar EmptyFri Jan 05, 2018 4:31 pm

Halstein turned around to see a small girl to be the one that had been touching him. Didn't he teach them well enough that you shouldn't approach viking without saying something, that you should always say something before sneaking up on a person. The little girl looked so scared of him that he almost felt bad, almost. She still hadn't told him what it was that she wanted form him, and he was just about to ask her for a second time when someone else spoke. ”Halstein.” he heard his name and looked up to see Steinar walking toward him and the small girl. Taking a deep breath Halstein watched as Steinar simply looked at the little girl before she turned and walked away. Great, now he was going to have to remember to hunt the small thing down later to see what it was she had wanted from him. Not at all something he wanted to be doing with his time when he left here. He watched until the girl and her group of little friends were gone before he turned his attention back to Steinar. The other man clearly wanted something from him, or he wouldn't have scared the girl off. Hopefully it was important, because he just created work for him that he really didn't want. As much as he respected and admired the other man, he knew that they didn't see eye to eye about all things.

When Steinar opened his mouth, Halstein had not expected him to say ”Have you seen Gerolf lately?” to him. Crossing his arms over his chest he gave Steinar a look before looking for a moment. It had been a few days since he had last seen the little psychopath. Normally Gerolf was at all the training every morning with everyone, but Halstein figured that he was sick or something. He generally did his best to avoid Gerolf. He was an amazing fighter and warrior, but it was clear that there was something clearly wrong with him. With how he killed people and how he treated thralls. He helped them win in raids, and that was why he was still around and still a viking. "Now that you mention it, its been a few days since I last saw him. I guess I was enjoying the break" he says to him first before giving a shrug."Maybe the little weirdo is sick?" he says to him before shooting Steinar a smile. It would be nice to keep having his break from Gerolf, because he himself was rough with the younger training warriors, Gerolf was brutal with them. There had been many times he had to stop fights or calm the other man down. Remind him that they are training, and this was not a battlefield.

Looking up to the sky for a moment he hopes that Gerolf hadn't done anything while he was enjoying his free time form him.He would feel bad if something had happened under his nose because he figured all was well, and Gerolf was ill or something."Why whats wrong? Did he do something wrong?" he decided to ask him as he looked back toward Steinar. "Do I need to go check on him?" he says next before he lets out a breath of air at the whole idea of it. "You and I both know he's difficult...as a person." he says to him next. What about the brother, maybe he could talk to that one. Kettil or something like that, he was a farmer if Halstein remembered right. "What about the farmer brother is he missing too?" he asked as he was in thought. If they were both missing then maybe something really was going on, if not hopefully Gerolf was just ill and would be back. If something happened, and Gerolf did something, it would be on his ass too. Why was he suddenly getting a sick feeling in his stomach. Looking to the other man he waited to hear his thoughts.

Back to top Go down

Steinar Sigurdsson
Steinar Sigurdsson
Huskarl

PROFIELMessages : 9
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :
Place of birth : Skagen

PostSubject: Re: Fresh Blood -Steinar Fresh Blood -Steinar EmptyFri Jan 05, 2018 5:40 pm

The broad man crossed his arms as he thought about the question that Steinar had asked him. ”Now that you mention it, it’s been a few days since I last saw him. I guess I was enjoying the break.” Steinar raised an eyebrow because of his answer, before he glared over the environment again. ”Even is he was sick, he would be here.” Over time Steinar knew Gerolf good enough that he would never miss a training because he was sick. Maybe he wouldn’t take part in it, but he would definitely be here. Steinar looked at Halstein from the corner of his eye when he smiled widely. Did he not feel that there was something going on right beneath their noses? ”Why, what’s wrong? Did he do something wrong?” Steinar shook  his head from left to right. ”No, not yet. But I do not trust his absence.” - ”Do I need to go check on him?” Again Steinar shook his head. ”I have a strong feeling he does not want to be found. And if Gerolf does not want to be found, you will not find him.” Halstein breathed out deeply, and Steinar frowned his eyebrows. ”You and I both know he’s difficult..as a person.” There was a certain truth in that. Difficult people are mostly the most clever ones. We shouldn’t have let him get from underneath us.” Steinar turned around, tried to notice something strange. But everything was as peacefull as ever. He wondered how long it would take, before something went really wrong.

”What about the farmer brother, is he missing too?” Steinar again, shook his head from left to right. ”I have spoken Kettil the day before yesterday, but haven’t seen him since. He told me Gerolf was gone, but I did not ask him where. We were talking about the wolf that is roaming Skagerrak, and my focus was on that. Not on Gerolf.” A tiny bit of regret grew in his chest as he thought about the conversation again. ”Have you ever noticed that Kettil is nothing like his brother? It is hard to believe how one mother can give birth to two souls that are so different from each other. She was a good woman.” he remembered her.. One of the most fierce shieldmaiden he had ever fought alongside with. And beautiful too, with hair black as the night’s sky and eyes like hazelnuts. Steinar pushed away the thoughts about her, and looked back at Halstein. “The boy looks like a trustworthy man, maybe he can tell us more about Gerolf. In fact I was expecting him today, he would give me all the new information about the wolf and I haven’t heard from him in two days. Strange, if you could have seen how enthusiast he was about the fact that we would not kill the beast of right away.” Steinar took a deep breath and held the air captured in his lungs. What was he missing in this story?

Back to top Go down

Halstein Toresson
Halstein Toresson
Hersir

RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :

PostSubject: Re: Fresh Blood -Steinar Fresh Blood -Steinar EmptyFri Jan 05, 2018 6:30 pm

Halstein hated to admit that Steinar was right in what he said next, but he was. ”Even is he was sick, he would be here.” had been his words and it was true. Gerolf never missed training for anything at all. If he was not training, he was at least there to watch what was going on if he wasn't training himself. Halstein had just been enjoying the mans absents and maybe that was stupid. He should have looked into it when he noticed that Gerolf was missing for more then one day.Now he was worried as to what the other man could have been up to for all this time, and if something happened, how much trouble was he going to be in for ignoring it the way he had done. ”No, not yet. But I do not trust his absence.” Steinar said after he asked him Gerolf had done something. That was true, what was that crazy man up to in his absence. Hopefully they were just being over worried. ”I have a strong feeling he does not want to be found. And if Gerolf does not want to be found, you will not find him.” Steinar said to him next. Nodding his head in agreement, Gerolf may be a crazy little weirdo, but he was also very intelligent. "I guess you are right about that." he admits, even though he really doesn't want to.

Steinar kept talking ”Difficult people are mostly the most clever ones. We shouldn’t have let him get from underneath us.” he said to him after his comment about how difficult Gerolf was. That was true, they shouldn't have. Reaching up he rubbed a hand over his face before he looked over to the man standing next to him. "He may not have done anything at all yet, but yes. We, or rather I should have kept a better eye on him." he said to him. Halstein hated to admit he did anything wrong ever, for he was not weak. He had climbed this high from being strong and intelligent, but if Gerolf did something it was his fault. He should have looked more into it. The more Steinar said to him the more he was getting worried and the more he realized he really might have fucked up here. ”I have spoken Kettil the day before yesterday, but haven’t seen him since. He told me Gerolf was gone, but I did not ask him where. We were talking about the wolf that is roaming Skagerrak, and my focus was on that. Not on Gerolf.” he said after he asked about the brother.

Gerolf had left? When did he leave, he never told anyone he had left? How did he not hear that he had even taken a boat away. How much more was he missing, he was going to need to step up his game if he didn't want to get in trouble because clearly he wasn't looking at things as well as the man next to him had been. "He left? I didn't know he left. Gods, where would he even go." he said more to himself then he said to Steinar. ”Have you ever noticed that Kettil is nothing like his brother? It is hard to believe how one mother can give birth to two souls that are so different from each other. She was a good woman.” Steinar said next and Halstein shrugged his shoulders. He didn't know much about Kettil. Nothing more then he was a quiet farmer who mostly kept to himself. He guessed that made them pretty different. "From my understanding the father turned into a real asshole after his wife died, and it got to the point that Gerolf thought he needed to kill him...however maybe there was more to that story then Gerolf told.We just accepted he killed his father out of protection all those years ago.. However yes, they are very different men. Thank the gods for that. I don't know if we could handle two like him."  he says to him in return.

His mind is racing with all the possible things that could be going on, that Gerolf could be up to when Steinar looks to him again and speaks once more. “The boy looks like a trustworthy man, maybe he can tell us more about Gerolf. In fact I was expecting him today, he would give me all the new information about the wolf and I haven’t heard from him in two days. Strange, if you could have seen how enthusiast he was about the fact that we would not kill the beast of right away.” he says to him and Halstein nods. That was a good point. If they could trust him to tell them what his bother was up to that would be very helpful, and he trusted the man next to him judgment. "Yes, maybe I shall seek Kettil out, and then come back to find you with what I learn. They are two very different souls if he was excited about not killing it. Gerolf would have destroyed the wolf without a second thought at all. His blood drive is far to strong for anything of that kind." he said looking toward the other man. If Steinar told him to yes, go and seek out Kettil then he would. They needed to at least find out if Gerolf was even back yet. If he was then what the hell the man was up to at the moment.

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PROFIEL
RPG SHEET

PostSubject: Re: Fresh Blood -Steinar Fresh Blood -Steinar Empty

Back to top Go down
Fresh Blood -Steinar
View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1