Alvina Odinsdóttir
Thrall

PROFIELMessages : 49
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :
Place of birth : UDDEVALLA

From rags to riches- Visna  Empty
PostSubject: From rags to riches- Visna From rags to riches- Visna  EmptyTue Feb 13, 2018 8:03 pm

As it was getting closer and closer to time for her baby to get here, Alvina decided she should order herself some new clothes for once the baby was here. That way she would have some things to wear for when she was no longer very large. She also wanted to try and order some gender numeral things for the baby to wear as well. So that way no matter what she had, the baby would have a good amount of things to wear until she was able to order something that was for a boy or girl. Something deep in her heart told her that the baby was in fact a little boy, but Alvina knew she was going to be happy with whatever she was given. For they would be a sweet innocent little baby and she was going to love them no matter what they came out to be. If it was a little boy she would raise him to be nothing like his father before him. He would be gentle and kind, but still strong and intelligent. If she had a daughter, she would make sure they had a far better education then she did. They would be strong, brave, and fearless. Her children would never have to live the life she had to live growing up, even if it meant she had to work all the time. Maybe if she was lucky she would find someone who could help her, maybe that would be Vern, but she wasn't going to think that way. Not until she knew she was really able to trust other people fully.

The walk to the Dressmakers show was not that long, which was good for her. For her feet had been hurting a lot worse. Plus on top of that, her mental state of mind had been very different since she saw that poor man whipped in front of the village the way he had. Alvina was almost sure that he didn't do what they said he had done. For he didn't look like the type, he looked to scared, to confused to be someone who had just got caught for stealing. For she had seen many people get punished, and she was punished herself. People who were guilty had a different air about them. However she could be wrong, maybe he did steal. However she was sure it was not worth the twenty lashes they gave to him. She just hoped he was okay now, and tried not to think about it when she opens the door to the shop and walked inside to start looking around.

Everything in the shop looked so pretty. There were all kinds of different fabrics and things on display, and it make her wonder what it was like to work with such pretty things all the time. Any times she was forced to sow when she was back in the manor, it was simply things for the King. Things like making shirts, or repairing some of the many burn marks that clothes would get from bring to close to the forge. After a moment her eyes land on someone else in the shop and Alvina is shocked to see that it was the women who had been crying over the man."Hello she finds herself saying to the other women first,and rather awkwardly. "I came to order some clothes for myself and the baby...For once they are born...and I am not as large." she says to her next before frowning.

She couldn't just pretend that what had happened hand't happened. Plus she was honestly worried about the man too."This might not be my place...but....is that man okay? What happened was horrible." Alvina decides to ask as she looks at her and a mixture of pity and sadness. For she fully understood what it was like to be in that man shoes. However it was not like it was safe for her to come right out and say something like that to this women. She didn't know her yet, and she could be a unsafe person to trust her secret to.

Back to top Go down

Visna Stafnsdóttir
Visna Stafnsdóttir
Villager

PROFIELMessages : 60
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :
Place of birth : Skagen

PostSubject: Re: From rags to riches- Visna From rags to riches- Visna  EmptySat Feb 24, 2018 5:44 pm

Resting had become the hardest activity during the last days. Every single time Visna tried to close her eyes to sleep, images of that day, flashed through her mind and she was immediately fully awake. She could hear Maurr’s screams in the silence of the night and those screams were what kept her holding onto her plan of freeing him. This whole thing started as a small idea, both Visna and Sofie started working harder to gather money, but they were also taking their time to do so. However, after what happened at the docks, all that Visna could think about was that she needed him to be free from his master as fast as possible. It wasn’t something she was doing so they could be together, - that turned out to be a less important matter to her - all she cared about was him not suffering anymore, him being finally happy.

With all the new clients and new jobs that Visna took in, she found herself basically living in her mother’s shop. At first Kara kept on asking questions such as why was she overloading herself with work, why was she always in the shop, why wasn’t she resting a little back at home, but those questions remained unanswered. The woman stopped asking them and Visna was glad to her mother that was actually giving her the space she needed. She was also a bit surprised since Kara actually started leaving the shop to her care without doubting her, that made her proud of herself and boosted up her confidence, she knew that she was doing her job well. That day too, Visna was alone at the shop. She was working on a gown in the front room, so she could see if new customers entered the shop and could greet them right away, but with her head right into the fabrics, she actually didn’t notice a girl entering the shop until she actually spoke to her.

A small voice said ”Hello” and Visna looked up. She knew that her conditions weren’t the perfect ones, with her eyes pretty swollen, dark circles under them and her hair a little messy, but she also knew she had to hold on and keep on working. The girl forced herself to smile at the new customer when she explained the reason why she was there. ”Of course.” She simply said, standing up from the stool she was sitting on. Visna felt as if she was moving automatically, as if she wasn’t able to control her muscles. ”Do you have anything in particular in mind?” She asked politely while moving towards a shelf, so that she had all the materials right in front of her eyes and could’ve started thinking about her new creation right away.

”This might not be my place...but....” She froze on her spot, avoiding turning around. ”...is that man okay? What happened was horrible." Visna’s heart broke a little more, but she inhaled deeply and found the strength to finally face her. ”He is fine now. Thank you for your concern.” What came out following those words was a crooked and sad smile, but she couldn’t help that. She never saw this girl before in her whole life and she could’ve been one of those people that kept on staring at that barbarity without acting or doing anything… Not that she could blame her, since she was with child. Visna closed her eyes and inhaled again. ”I’m sorry uhm… It’s… Hard.” Her voice broke on the last word she said, and she wanted to kick herself for breaking apart in front of this unknown girl, a customer. She shook her head and looked at her for a single moment before turning around to face the shelf again. ”So..! Your clothes! How do you want them?” She asked again, trying to focus on her work only.
Back to top Go down
https://haukrhjarta.tumblr.com/

Alvina Odinsdóttir
Alvina Odinsdóttir
Thrall

PROFIELMessages : 49
RPG SHEET
Viking profile
Title :
Place of birth : UDDEVALLA

PostSubject: Re: From rags to riches- Visna From rags to riches- Visna  EmptyMon Feb 26, 2018 7:34 pm

She notices a few things as she is looking at the other women. She looked like she had been crying, and upset. Something Avlina could understand as she had seen this women crying with the man that had been whipped. If a person she loved had that happen to them, she was sure she would be just as upset as this women was. It made her feel badly, like maybe she shouldn't even be bugging her for clothes. However at the same time she really did need the things she came here to order. Or she wouldn't have come. ”Of course.” Alivna hears the other women say to her as she stands up. Alvina wants to just hug this women as she sees her glide her way over to where the fabrics were kept. ”Do you have anything in particular in mind?” the other women asks and Avlina gives her a half smile. "I do in fact, some things that are more neutral? So that baby can be warm and comfy until i can come back and get something for a boy or girl." she tells her first. Making sure to give her a gentle smile. "And for myself I would like a few spring dresses...however Ive never be able to order clothes for myself before...so I don't know how all of that works." she tells her next being a little honest. Alvina didn't know because she had never be allowed to order things for herself as a thrall.

Alvina regrets asking about the man who had been whipped right away when she sees the other women freeze in her place. ”He is fine now. Thank you for your concern.” were the other womens words in response and Alvina nodded her head at her. ”I’m sorry uhm… It’s… Hard.” She heard her say next after she closed her eyes and took a deep breath. Something about the way this women was reacting was making Alvina want to comfort her. Maybe it was her hormones or that that that she understood this womens struggle and pain. ”So..! Your clothes! How do you want them?” the other women said to her last and Alvina smiled but shook her head even tho the other women wasn't looking. "I'm sorry I'll I could do at the moment was give you my cloak...I wanted to do more, but I was scared." she tells her first as she takes a deep breath and moves a step closer to the other women. Wanting to comfort her, and give her someone to trust in. "And don't apologize, is okay to be upset about what happened. it was wrong." she tells her next.

Putting a little bit of faith in this other women for a moment she took a few more steps and places herself in a place that would make the other women have to look at her. If this women loved a thrall, she would not turn another thrall in. Was what she reasoned with herself as she looked at her. "I was scared because I have been in his place. I understand that its wrong because I was like him." she tells her before slowly lifting her hand to the other women and pulling back to show her the branding on her wrist. "I was a thrall, but I got away." she tells her next, her voice gets shaky near the end. "If I can help..it any way, please tell me and I will....but I wont make you talk anymore, and please keep this information to yourself" she says to her next before she takes a shaky hand and grabs a pink fabric and shows it to the other women.

Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PROFIEL
RPG SHEET

PostSubject: Re: From rags to riches- Visna From rags to riches- Visna  Empty

Back to top Go down
From rags to riches- Visna
View previous topic View next topic Back to top
Page 1 of 1